SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

14 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

No one is training at the moment. They're all on holiday.

Didn’t say today mate, I said he has been down to meet the lads !! #uto 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Yan Dhanda released by Swansea. Very handy player.

Tidy footballer but always looked a bit lightweight to me. Not sure the hustle and bustle of League one will suit him and don't know where he would fit in to our side.

On 23/05/2022 at 18:12, beswetherick said:

Fulham released the lad Opoku we were linked with last summer. 23yo left footed centre half. Wonder if we’ll be back in for him

Saw a quote from him in which he said it was too cold in Accrington. Not sure he'd be suited to northern climes. 😁

Of the other central defenders  released by Fulham, I would rather have Alfie Mawson than Hector.

Still only 28 and very experienced. Would be quality at this level.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Saw a quote from him in which he said it was too cold in Accrington. Not sure he'd be suited to northern climes. 😁

Of the other central defenders  released by Fulham, I would rather have Alfie Mawson than Hector.

Still only 28 and very experienced. Would be quality at this level.

Opoku’s just been on loan at Vejle in Denmark which I assume is colder than here, so the weather can’t be too much of a dealbreaker for him! If we were keen on him last year then you’d think we would be again now he’s available for nowt with another season under his belt. 

Mawson was quality but has had some really bad injuries the last few years. He’ll still be well out of our reach financially though, presumably been on mega money at Fulham after they paid £20m for him. Agree that he’d boss L1 but he’ll get a move to a Championship club no problem. 

Not be much money floating about anywhere apart from mega rich prem? No idea as to how much we can spend if at all, but ladapo would be an improvement on who was here last season ( not talking about Gregory) and that’s all we can hope for? Yes there will be better and we might be able to get better but he’s a free agent and available now! Sign him and hopefully a bettter quality loan player(s) we stronger up top than last season 

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Mawson was quality but has had some really bad injuries the last few years. He’ll still be well out of our reach financially though, presumably been on mega money at Fulham after they paid £20m for him. Agree that he’d boss L1 but he’ll get a move to a Championship club no problem

If we aren't going for Dean and after releasing Hutch, we need someone with experience.

Agree a championship club might take him. There were rumours a few weeks ago that Birmingham were interested but they aren't going to be paying big wages.

After a 4 year contract with a Premier League club, he'll be financially secure. So he might not demand high wages. He could be up for going to a league 1 club with promotion aims rather than a championship club fighting relegation.

Anyway I think DM will want to sign Dean.

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Adeniran and Byers I agree with I just don’t think FDB is ready yet, good engine but for me doesn’t posses enough other qualities. I think a loan spell would do him the world of good, playing week in week out. If we keep hold of Bannan, Luongo, and then have Byers and Adeniran I can’t see FDB getting much of a look in at all. 

Fair play, all about opinions isn’t it 

For me I think FDB gives us an energy and drive that’s invaluable in this league, would he gain from a spell in league two at 21 ? i’m unsure ,  but I accept he’s still got some stuff to learn , I wouldn’t entertain loaning him to another side in this league personally 

On 25/05/2022 at 20:11, Pulixifer said:

We should try to get Troy Parrot in on loan from Spurs. Looks like he's on a nice improvement trajectory. 

Would be a great option playing off Gregory and would likely see a trip here as a step up from MK Dons.

This is where our location impacts us. Probably commutes from his London home.

Hence why we really should be pursuing players from Manchester clubs, Leeds, etc

4 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Disagree on the points about FDB. He's got the ball carrying skills that none of our centre mids have, the ability to pick the ball up and drive 30/40 yards palming off the opposition players is something only he has, and the game at MK, against one of the best sides in the league live on sky, he was exceptional. Think he's a guaranteed starter if Luongo departs to be honest

I agree, when FDB is on it he’s an absolute tank and he does possess that ability to help drive us forward. He just needs to know when to release the ball, as too often he’s held on for too long and either lost it or been crowded out. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think people are setting unrealistic expectations on transfer activity.

Ladapo would be a good signing for us.

A bonus of him signing would be him scoring to maybe erase that winner he got for Rotherham.

A nail in the coffin.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If we aren't going for Dean and after releasing Hutch, we need someone with experience.

Agree a championship club might take him. There were rumours a few weeks ago that Birmingham were interested but they aren't going to be paying big wages.

After a 4 year contract with a Premier League club, he'll be financially secure. So he might not demand high wages. He could be up for going to a league 1 club with promotion aims rather than a championship club fighting relegation.

Anyway I think DM will want to sign Dean.

Hopefully Birmingham are interested in Mawson cos that’d possibly clear our path for Dean to return. 

I’d be very happy with Dean, Tucker, Opoku, and another left footed centre half… maybe Gibson on a free if he can prove his fitness. Add them four to Iorfa, Palmer and Brennan (if we don’t loan him out) and it’s a decent range of options for a back 3 IMO

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm hearing that Panutche Camara is going to be a possible signing if an agreement is sorted between us and player. 

Plus his club too.  He's got a year left on his contact and the Plymouth chairman had been quoted as saying they won't sell to a potential promotion rival.