SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

23 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I’d say we need 4 given that Iorfa is made of glass 

We can’t be going into another season having to rely on Palmer and Johnson playing in a back 3

Yeah I agree. Palmer is ok as cover but shouldn’t be first choice, and Johnson should never play centre half ever again because it’s just not his game. Brennan is another conundrum as well - he’s 22 now and should be either playing first team football for us or going out on loan.

I might be in the minority but I’d be ok with us going back in for Gibson on a free if his wage demands are cheap. Got potential but clearly fitness was a big problem last season. Dean would obviously also be a good signing if we can get him. Tucker from Gillingham and Opoku from Fulham both look like decent free signings on paper as well although I’m not gonna pretend I’ve seen much if anything of them. 

LCB: Gibson/Opoku

CB: Dean/Tucker/Brennan (?)

RCB: Iorfa/Palmer/Brennan (?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Opoku could definitely be one to keep an eye on. I’m sure he was linked last summer?

He’s 6ft 5 and left footed. He’s also played 54 times at this level for Accrington & Plymouth

Now a free 

I wonder if Lowe my be interested in taking him to Preston. He played for him on loan at Plymouth in the 20-21 season and Lowe said he had a big future in the game.

He played in the middle of a back 3 there.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

9 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

Couple of rumours I've heard.

Kyle Wooton from Notts County - Striker

Zander Clark from St Johnstone - GK

Also heard Derby will be in for Gregory this summer.  

Zander Clarke would be an instant upgrade on Wildsmith and Dawson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

I watched Notts County last night against Grimsby, Wooton looked ok but nothing special at that level. 

Grimsby were far better team, Desruwvee did well when he came on. 

13 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Zander Clarke would be an instant upgrade on Wildsmith and Dawson.

Yes, really good keeper that got linked with Rangers last Summer.

What is your opinion on Luca Connell ?

Also, do you think it would be good idea to go after Zak Rudden in hope He will turn into next Ross Stewart ?

If Windass does go, then in my opinion, Alfie May would be an ideal replacement. Dunno if we're interested in him or not, there's reports that he might be available for a six figure sum and that he had a good working relationship with Darren Moore, whilst they were both at Doncaster. May impressed me at Cheltenham last season, stood out against us and caught the eye enough to be among the League One player of the season nominees. I reckon he would be a very good signing, if we were interested in him and if we get him. 

46 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

Be surprised if Derby are paying fees for any players in the next 12 months 

Pretty sure as part of coming out of admin there will be some kind of limitations on spending

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Big Fish said:

Wooton has done okay in the conference but when I’ve seen him I really don’t know if he would cut it in league one. 

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hopefully Gregory won’t be going anywhere. One of only a few players I would be gutted about if they left. 

Going on last season, I'd prefer us to keep Gregory over any of our other strikers. He looked the sharpest in front of goal, linked up well with others at times and looked by far our biggest threat upfront. Hopefully we can keep him and get a decent partner for him, think we need some pacier younger legs around him to get the most out of him. 

1 hour ago, malek said:

Yes, really good keeper that got linked with Rangers last Summer.

What is your opinion on Luca Connell ?

Also, do you think it would be good idea to go after Zak Rudden in hope He will turn into next Ross Stewart ?

Both Rudden and Connell would be gambles and haven’t played at anything like a decent level yet. Are you a fan of them? 

Youngish and definitely time to improve but I’m not sure they’d be ready for playing week in week out for us if we want to get promoted. They’d be projects for me

51 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hopefully Gregory won’t be going anywhere. One of only a few players I would be gutted about if they left. 

Same hopefully he doesn’t leave!

23 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Both Rudden and Connell would be gambles and haven’t played at anything like a decent level yet. Are you a fan of them? 

Youngish and definitely time to improve but I’m not sure they’d be ready for playing week in week out for us if we want to get promoted. They’d be projects for me

I'm keeping an eye on Connell ever after I've first seen him making his Bolton debut and dominating for Irish U-19's despite been played out of position.

Technically very good player with cultured left foot. Strong, intelligent and versatile (can play CM, DM, LB; LW...). Spent last season on loan at Queens Park and helped them get promoted. I think isn't getting his fair due at Celtic, must be available for full transfer and desperate for one. One of those players I would want here with both present and long term future in mind. Really good player even right now.

Would be very surprised if Bolton don't try to sign him, though.

I can't say that Rudden impressed me a lot, but posses unique set of qualities as he is a big, mobile and fairly skillful fella with ability to run with the ball past opponents. Going by what I've seen of him so far I don't think he is good enough for a club with our ambitions at this level, but then again could provide "different" option in our forward rotation and if it clicks for him he could do as well as Stewart did last season at Sunderland.