How much does it hurt you?

For me, after the injuries we picked up and the dip in form over Christmas/New Year I had revised my expectations. 

I therefore saw being in the play offs as a bonus and had a different sense of perspective. Yes, I'm bitterly disappointed, but not upset and still very optimistic for next year.

We lost out in a close semi final to another massive cub, with some decent players and good manager. Could have gone either way, I saw our players give their all and don't really have any regrets. 

• Like 3

I was really looking forward to the weekend in London. Missed out last time when we went by coach on the day.

Hotel was booked for Fri and Sat (deposit now reclaimed) and was anticipating a wonderful time in Covent Garden etc.

• Like 1

I will go into a brief period of football hibernation to get over it. This is the first time I have ventured into Matchday threads since the final whistle. I can't be doing with the sack Moore threads, so I will have a bit of time out and do some gardening.

• Like 2

I don't mind league 1, I've really enjoyed our matches since Christmas tbh. 

Much rather be in a league where we're in contention than one where we're battling at the bottom. 

still disappointing to get beat last night but hopefully we're up there again next season. 

• Like 3

I've never been asked to share my feelings on Owlstalk before.  Feel a bit weird.

Feeling a bit empty and disappointed....EVERYTHING from the first game felt like the Huddersfield tie and sadly I was right..

Altho little one is off school with a sore throat and temperature so im focused on him.

I hate this league..Altho once Owls in the Park comes along people will be over this and buzzing for the new start.

Not really. I managed to secure my season ticket for next season despite huge demand back in December 2021, so I can rest easy knowing full well I’ve guaranteed my seat for the Forest Green game. 

• Haha 6

More disappointed about the manner of the defeat than the defeat itself. All season we’ve conceded daft late goals and to do it in the most important game of the season so far after getting back on level terms is really frustrating. I never fancied our chances of getting past Sunderland, but to lose in the 93rd minute like that is just typical Wednesday 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not really. I managed to secure my season ticket for next season despite huge demand back in December 2021, so I can rest easy knowing full well I’ve guaranteed my seat for the Forest Green game. 

That's the spirit 🙂

Felt low last night, genuinely felt we could do it, and the feeling when we scored and the whole crowd erupted - goosebumps!!! The feeling of disappointment is going now, looking forward to see what names we get linked with over the summer and who we actually do sign.

• Like 1

It doesnt hurt me as much due to lowering the bar of expectation. What does hurt me though is seeing those around me old and young once again having to suffer more disappointment. It really is an old cliche but the fans deserve far more than a good Saturday night out in Milton Keynes.

• Like 2

Just now, beswetherick said:

More disappointed about the manner of the defeat than the defeat itself. All season we’ve conceded daft late goals and to do it in the most important game of the season so far after getting back on level terms is really frustrating. I never fancied our chances of getting past Sunderland, but to lose in the 93rd minute like that is just typical Wednesday 

That first leg performance was really really horrible, humbling and almost embarrassing.  One of the worst performances we've ever given in an important game.

38 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Everyone is different and follows Wednesday for different reasons. 

So, after a defeat like last night how much does it actually hurt you? Does it effect your day to day life at all? 

It pains me, felt pretty low all day and will do probably for a few weeks now. 

It was and still is fooooookin agony !!!

Should have known the script really with all the late goals they’ve been getting lately.

When will it get better 😣

Edited by OwlerIT2

When you’re disillusioned to start, it hurts much less, as it’s kind of expected

We’re a cocktail of failure. Predominately down to the owner and some of the legacy players in the squad

It’s hard to build up a strong belief of success whilst nothing is really changing in the leadership structure of the club

Last night was all a bit meh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That first leg performance was really really horrible, humbling and almost embarrassing.  One of the worst performances we've ever given in an important game.

Shades of Hull in 2016 and Huddersfield in 2017 — we just didn’t show up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Annoyed. Not with anyone or being a mardy arse, but p1ssed off at what was served up to best part of 32k. 

Think they were better side so no argument there. I just wonder how many “best”  / better than us sides there will be next season.