How much does it hurt you?

Felt bad all day. Just a horrible low feeling. It's strange because the feeling is also mixed with pride, for the players and especially the fans. Imagine if we could get the ground filled like that for every home game, with the same passion and electric atmosphere. How many extra points would that be worth each season? 

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be honest this season I couldn’t care less about other clubs. Genuinely don’t care what they’re doing. I used to get quietly wound up , but if that lot get promoted I honestly wouldn’t be that arsed I don’t think. 

You are probably right. 

I'd still enjoy it if the other lot balls up in the play offs, but it all can change so quickly. 

I just hope when it comes to us that we can take the positives from this season and build on it. We finished 4th, got 85 points and weren't exactly a million miles off 2nd when it was all said and done. A few tweaks here and there and a better gameplan to deal with those who look to stifle and we may well just do it next season. 

See what the summer brings in terms of signings. 

9 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Everyone is different and follows Wednesday for different reasons. 

So, after a defeat like last night how much does it actually hurt you? Does it effect your day to day life at all? 

It pains me, felt pretty low all day and will do probably for a few weeks now. 

Huddersfield semi hurt more..but we tried last night and fell at last hurdle...it happens so it's gone now and move on 

Unfortunately I was resigned to the fact we weren't going to get thro midway thro the first half when it was all just lump it and hope and the ball wasn't sticking up top and definately wasn't  being played on the floor anywhere near enough.. We needed to be in their faces from the word go and for whatever reason we didn't stamp our authority on the game..thats not down to Sunderlands tactics either we just didn't have that extra 5% of "oomph" to try something different or whatever. Really disappointed today but fingers crossed for some decent recruitment thro the Summer and hope we click straight into gear from the off next season.... Id rather us go up as Champions anyway!! 😉 

• Like 1

My introduction to Wednesday was the 1966 cup final just a month before my 7th birthday. After that it's been one long rollercoaster of the occasional high followed by lows and the absolute depths.

Our relegation last season hurt more due to our abject capitulation in so many games.

To be honest I half expected it last night. Sunderland were the team I always feared in the play-offs due to their penchant for scoring injury time goals combined with our talent for conceding them.

Never mind though, we go again next season and this time we are going to smash the league as champions!

12 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Almost exactly how I feel. Since 1966 I've had about 8 decent seasons and won one trophy. Never been Champions of any league. Our fans are the best in the country and deserve so much better. 

We are, we really are. I totally believe we're the greatest fans in England.

It's a tragic football story.

I feel ok, its been a tough year personally and to have a play off place to battle for has been a good distraction.  

The weird thing about the Sunderland game was I never really got going with my emotions as they held us at arms length for long periods. It must've been an awful game for the neutral but I only felt the buzz for around 2 mins during and after we scored. The injury time goal didn't hurt as I didn't feel we deserved extra time.

Looking forward to next season but if we don't battle for automatics then it will feel pretty rubbish as I don't want us to be there for 4 or 5 years or longer like Sunderland and the blunts. 

18 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

yeah, really disappointed that we came up short but I thought it might be a step too far this season. Just because of the over haul of the squad last summer. 

I think i'll be more disappointed if we don't win promotion next year because my expectation will be that we win automatic promotion or, at the very least go up through the playoffs.  

So at what point would you say ‘no mas’ to DM? Next season?

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

He has to have a good start next season. 

Not saying 10 wins out of 10, but we need to be at it from the off. 

Can't be trying to work out our best formation/constantly tinkering for the first few months to find the right formula. 

We appear to have found a system that works for us, so go and get the right players to build on that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

concentrating on the hassle of buying a ticket , getting there and the  200  + quid i dont have to spend on a day out in the hell hole of north london as eased the disappointment ....

Same. I wanted Wednesday to win but part of me next day was glad I didn't have to have the hassle and £200 plus to shell out on the Final.

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, parajack said:

I think first 10 games mate, see how we go. As you know, this season I thought it was always going to be tough. I know we don’t see eye to eye on that because we had different expectations to start with. I think next season we will be on a similar page in terms of expectation. We need to top 4 after 10 games for me. Obviously other factors could come in to play, injuries, suspension, dodgy refs etc.

But I think We need to be in and around the top 4 all season, minimum really. 
next season I want promotion and if Darren doesn’t look like achieving it we should freshen things up. 

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I think first 10 games mate, see how we go. As you know, this season I thought it was always going to be tough. I know we don’t see eye to eye on that because we had different expectations to start with. I think next season we will be on a similar page in terms of expectation. We need to top 4 after 10 games for me. Obviously other factors could come in to play, injuries, suspension, dodgy refs etc.

But I think We need to be in and around the top 4 all season, minimum really. 
next season I want promotion and if Darren doesn’t look like achieving it we should freshen things up. 

Totally agree DM did enough to warrant another season but he simply HAS to change.  Sadly I don’t think he will.  Any more of the over defensive tippy tally passing it around and constant team changes must stop

13 hours ago, mrgund said:

Felt bad all day. Just a horrible low feeling. It's strange because the feeling is also mixed with pride, for the players and especially the fans. Imagine if we could get the ground filled like that for every home game, with the same passion and electric atmosphere. How many extra points would that be worth each season? 

How about the manager and the team do something to make that happen?

Guest DoesJackHunt
14 minutes ago, parajack said:

Totally agree DM did enough to warrant another season but he simply HAS to change.  Sadly I don’t think he will.  Any more of the over defensive tippy tally passing it around and constant team changes must stop

Yeah, Personally, I would like to see a different formation next season and a more settled team from the start of the season…but we’ll see how we go. As long as we are winning games I guess. 

7 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

We are, we really are. I totally believe we're the greatest fans in England.

It's a tragic football story.

Supporters of clubs like rochdale,gillingham,walsall,Carlisle etc  would get my vote ......I've seen us at major cup finals ,in european comps,in top 6 of the top flight on 5 occasions  things that they'll never see if  they live to a 100......

Zero sadness.  

Was a great game, top atmosphere and a good night out. 

Given how broken football is, I’m not that bothered which league we’re in.  Just want to enjoy watching the team play, hopefully well. 

Looking forward to away games again next year and challenging for the title. 

• Like 1