How much does it hurt you?

I feel ok, felt far worse when getting relegated against Palace, losing to Hull at Wembley and by a distance when losing to Arsenal in FA Cup final. 

Already looking forward to next season, even been looking at fans football ground guide today for places like Forest bloody Green Rovers. :duntmatter:lol

Very disappointed last night but today looking back at the season, it turned out better that I expected.

I know we can look at ourselves and think we could/should have done better but, ifs and buts...

I am philosophical and next season is there for another crack.

Edited by OxonOwl

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I feel ok, felt far worse when getting relegated against Palace, losing to Hull at Wembley and by a distance when losing to Arsenal in FA Cup final. 

Already looking forward to next season, even been looking at fans football ground guide today for places like Forest bloody Green Rovers. :duntmatter:lol

Screenshot_20220510_090912_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Not happy tbh.   That being said, we have had so much disappointment over the years that it seems like "fate"...  

So today I will blame my granddad and my dad for introducing me to SWFC....  I will wish (but not for long) that I was born in Manchester or Liverpool...  or even Munich...

I will reason with myself that the pending games against Barnsley and Derby County will somehow make up for the season that almost was....    

I will now anxiously await the fixture list for next season... the ins and outs of players... the thrill of being tied with everyone at zero points.... 

In the meantime I will turn my attention to the Vancouver Whitecaps and the Edmonton Oilers as more futility fills my world.... WAWAW

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, dehowl said:

Been watching Wednesday since the sixties and have seen the relatively few ups we’ve had. But in the main it’s been a pretty dire experience following this club. The only consistent thing is the hurt I feel at yet another opportunity not taken. You’d think you’d become numb or indifferent, wouldn’t you? Last night was another example of feeling empty and wondering  when we are actually going to turn it all round and start moving forward once more.

Christ we have had some downs in that time. Not that many ups but there have been a few notably beating the pigs at Wembley, beating Man Ure at Wembly, play off final with Hartlepool. A couple of spells in Europe. The signing of one or quality players like, Walker, Di Canio Waddle etc are all ups. Afrter that in 60 years not much else, but it still pains after nights like last night. It is fine margins in football but we would have stood a far better chance of progressing if we had a game plan  like Sunderland had a game plan. We again were devoid of ideas. A bit of effort in planning for anything goes a long long way. Im sodding gutted and I will be for some time.

Doesn't hurt really. Footballs something to be enjoyed so I never dwell on a negative result for long.

At the end of the day the league we are in doesn't matter all that much to me.

We'll still be playing games next season and I'll still be there cheering the team on. 

• Like 3

I'm so used to football kicking me in nuts that I'm almost immune to disappointment now.

Losing the Arsenal in the FA Cup Final, Euro 96 semi-final defeat, that late Kevin Phillips brace in 2000 to extinguish any hope of staying up - those all really hurt.

Losing to Hull/Huddersfield/Sunderland in the play-offs, relegation deciders against Palace/Derby, losing in the Euro 2020 final - honestly, I'm in a mood for about 30 minutes then I get over it. Football has taught me never dare to dream and how to handle perpetual frustration and let downs... but has also taught me perspective. If yesterday's result is the worst thing to happen to me this month, I can consider myself a lucky human being.

But man, I really, really feel some success is well overdue...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Funny how different disappointments effects different people.

I’m 50 (username spoiler alert) and have been watching our beloved Wednesday for nearly 44 years.

The worst I’ve ever felt was the relegation in 90 and Pigs going up closely followed by FA Cup Final replay in 93. I think that was partly down to been young etc.

Recent disappointments like Wembley 16 and last season’s relegation I wasn’t too bad at all. I’m usually extremely pragmatic about  normal league game defeats and it tends not bother that much straight after compared to some. 

Last night though? Straight after the game I felt like I wanted to rip someone’s throat out. Not proud of that but just answering the question. Not felt much better today but the need to kill has subsided….a bit. I think last nights defeat was the manner of it. Losing to a shithouse like Neil and team that reflect him. Utter frustration at having highest wage bill in league and Moore failing but that’s for a different thread. Also, a real fear of repercussions of failing to go up and how it could set us back. Add to that the unthinkable that Pigs could be two divisions higher than us too have all conspired to my current mood.

Wish I didn’t care so much sometimes but that’s love for you.

UTMO

19 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Screenshot_20220510_090912_com.android.chrome.jpg

Believe it or not I love grounds like this 

Small with character full of people who are passionate about their club no matter how trash they are 

Give me that over a 50k seat stadium with glory hunters from Sweden 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wembley 93 was the worst I’ve ever felt, then probably the palace relegation match 

The Playoff final wasn’t that bad as it felt like a free hit and the best was yet to come from that era, how wrong I was 

Used to us not doing great in the important games. Only managed it twice in my life time.

wycombe and Hartlepool. 

Hardly glamorous fixtures either.  

will I ever see us do well in big games, or get to the premiership? I’d say not. 

I thought as i got older, and supposedly more mature, it would not affect me as much, but nope, feel the same as i did watching the cup defeats to Arsenal, relegations, play off final etc, on the flip side i get the same joy in promotions as i did in 91.

Guest Andy W
3 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Everyone is different and follows Wednesday for different reasons. 

So, after a defeat like last night how much does it actually hurt you? Does it effect your day to day life at all? 

It pains me, felt pretty low all day and will do probably for a few weeks now. 

Used too, years ago I'd be down for ages.

Now, far more important things in life, a football match comes and goes.

Watched last night, really p!55ed off when equaliser went in.

At full time it's done, can't change it.

It is what it is...glorious trivia