How much does it hurt you?

It was classic Wednesday though: 

We had that glimmer of hope, that moment of pure ecstasy, Hillsborough becoming unglued...and then 20 minutes later a collective kick in the balls. 

Supporting this club is not for the feint of heart. 

• Like 3

Relegations have always got to me more than other losses and I’ve seen a few of those since my first attendance in 1957.

We can hopefully look forward to automatic promotion with a younger re shaped squad (no guarantee on that) and see a few goals and wins.

Then the cycle starts again.

9 minutes ago, Django said:

Bothers me less and less the older I get 

Still disappointed obviously but letting football get you down when you look at what’s going on I’m the world seems silly 

But thats just it though..  life can be so hard and stressful so some people need something in their lives that can bring joy like sport...  the downside is it can also bring heartache and disappointment... 

Theres nothing silly about that.

As others have said Arsenal in 93 or relegation in 90 were far worse, especially the latter for obvious reasons.

After the first leg I did think last night would be a draw, so maybe that prepared me for the inevitable.

Looking forward to opening game of next season now when we get turned over by Forest Green at home :laugh:

Playoff semi to get from division three to division two? I’m a bit miffed but we weren’t ever actually ahead in the tie. So as much as it felt shît last night in a big crowd in truth by the time I woke up I was over it. 

Im more minded to focus on the season being better and more enjoyable than I thought it would and look forward to the next one!

• Like 2

Strangely feel a lot lower than last year. We’ve been down here far too long. 
this season the team at most had commitment and camaraderie. I feel we’re going to lose some old friends in the likes of Palmer, bannan, hutch, massimo and hunt and it would of been nice for them to leave on a high.

the fans have been ace especially those games away. Just gutted.

my only hope is we can do a good and savvy recruitment in. There has been some outstanding players  in division, With 20 goals+ strikers that we need to get hold of.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Compared to losing to Arsenal at Wembley in extra time...notafucking jot

This 100% - wasn’t even particularly angry last night.  It was just the kind of half arsed performance on a big stage we’ve come to expect.  Time for several players to move on and reduce both average age of squad and wage bill to match our League One status.

I’m just plodding through the day without the extra zing that a win would have brought. I keep getting flashbacks of Gregory’s goal and their equaliser.

I have to say though at no point did I think that we would win the tie, either of them, not even when we scored . I absolutely expected them to nick the winner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dehowl said:

Been watching Wednesday since the sixties and have seen the relatively few ups we’ve had. But in the main it’s been a pretty dire experience following this club. The only consistent thing is the hurt I feel at yet another opportunity not taken. You’d think you’d become numb or indifferent, wouldn’t you? Last night was another example of feeling empty and wondering  when we are actually going to turn it all round and start moving forward once more.

Almost exactly how I feel. Since 1966 I've had about 8 decent seasons and won one trophy. Never been Champions of any league. Our fans are the best in the country and deserve so much better. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I think what hurts most is just more realisation that nothing ever happens for us. No matter how well supported we are. 

This is really stupid but that post actually brought a tear to my eye. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was annoyed last night, but not today. When you switch on the news and see schools being bombed in the Ukraine, it kinda puts it into perspective a little? Well, for me, anyway. Besides, I didnt expect play offs going into this season, so it was a bit of a bonus. Next season. 💙

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It was classic Wednesday though: 

We had that glimmer of hope, that moment of pure ecstasy, Hillsborough becoming unglued...and then 20 minutes later a collective kick in the balls. 

Supporting this club is not for the feint of heart. 

Your forgetting in front of our own fans, always the seasoning on the steak that one 🥺