The longer you support Wednesday the less it hurts in my experience 

I went into the playoffs expecting the worse so the disappointment wasnt as bad

The worst experience was the arsenal cup final

Followed by the derby and arsenal premier league games 

This one is just added to a long list named 'ffs Wednesday'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, marshy said:

Annoyed. Not with anyone or being a mardy arse, but p1ssed off at what was served up to best part of 32k. 

Think they were better side so no argument there. I just wonder how many “best”  / better than us sides there will be next season. 

Derby, Dingles, Peterborough, MK, Sunderland or Wycombe, Portsmouth, Oxford, Plymouth, Bolton will all fancy their chances. Arguably a tougher league next season

48 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Compared to losing to Arsenal at Wembley in extra time...notafucking jot

Absolutely, and to rub salt into it, my boss at the time was an Arsenal fan ... complete  c**t!

Had to endure it twice that season, was really depressed.

Just shrugged it off.

Been through a divorce not so long ago, just had a death in the family and work is stressful as it can be right now.

The season has been a great distraction to get away from it all and truth be told, I've enjoyed league one and felt that the play-offs were just a stretch too far for us.

So yes, disappointing but looking forward to the fresh regeneration of SWFC under Moore next season.

• Like 1

It stung for a few hours afterwards. 

You go from that high of going ahead to the absolute kick in the balls of conceding the late goal. 

But, after that, it is what it is really. 

Unfortunately, Sunderland did exactly what I feared they'd do after the first leg. We weren't smart enough to deal with them and that is frustrating. 

At the end of the day, I didn't support this club because I expected to win titles and cups. 

• Like 3

Just now, SiJ said:

It stung for a few hours afterwards. 

You go from that high of going ahead to the absolute kick in the balls of conceding the late goal. 

But, after that, it is what it is really. 

Unfortunately, Sunderland did exactly what I feared they'd do after the first leg. We weren't smart enough to deal with them and that is frustrating. 

At the end of the day, I didn't support this club because I expected to win titles and cups. 

I did 

My first season was 1992/93 I thought it was always going to be like that 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Just now, malcolm said:

Disappointed last night, but as my old grandad told me in the 70s, life goes on even if Wednesday won the European Cup you'll still be going to work tomorrow. 

Well….maybe a couple days later 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, marshy said:

Annoyed. Not with anyone or being a mardy arse, but p1ssed off at what was served up to best part of 32k. 

Think they were better side so no argument there. I just wonder how many “best”  / better than us sides there will be next season. 

Dependent on recruitment not many, Truth is we didn't have a Clarke or Roberts in our squad, both games  they really stretched us. 

• Like 1

Just now, elyowl1 said:

Dependent on recruitment not many, Truth is we didn't have a Clarke or Roberts in our squad, both games  they really stretched us. 

No reason why we can't though. 

At this level, we are always going to be able to pay a decent wage. It's not like the Champ where you can end up being much of a muchness and the parachute teams can offer double what everyone else can. 

Guest DoesJackHunt

yeah, really disappointed that we came up short but I thought it might be a step too far this season. Just because of the over haul of the squad last summer. 

I think i'll be more disappointed if we don't win promotion next year because my expectation will be that we win automatic promotion or, at the very least go up through the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Everyone is different and follows Wednesday for different reasons. 

So, after a defeat like last night how much does it actually hurt you? Does it effect your day to day life at all? 

It pains me, felt pretty low all day and will do probably for a few weeks now. 

agreed until next season fresh start

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

No reason why we can't though. 

At this level, we are always going to be able to pay a decent wage. It's not like the Champ where you can end up being much of a muchness and the parachute teams can offer double what everyone else can. 

No disagreement from me, maybe Shodipo if he had been fit or John Jules just didnt really get to see enough of either of them to see if they would have made the same kind of impact. 

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I think i'll be more disappointed if we don't win promotion next year because my expectation will be that we win automatic promotion or, at the very least go up through the playoffs.  

Same. 

At the start of the season, I said I'd be happy to get in the top 6 and we did that. In the end we've fallen a bit short, but only by a late goal against a dogged opponent. 

However, the expectation has to be now to be right at it from the get go. Our slow start cost us any real chance of automatic whilst the excellent starts effectively saved Rotherham and Wigan who both went off the boil at the business end of the season. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Everyone is different and follows Wednesday for different reasons. 

So, after a defeat like last night how much does it actually hurt you? Does it effect your day to day life at all? 

It pains me, felt pretty low all day and will do probably for a few weeks now. 

Very depressed myself. One part of me thought we'd lose out but another part must have had hope, otherwise why would I feel like this lol

I'm nearly 68 years old and been going to Hillsborough since I was 4. I don't get quite as upset or angry as I used to but I'm feeling very low and disappointed today. As usual I'm going through the pointless what if's and if only's.

At the end of the day we were beaten by the better team over the 2 legs.

DM needs congratulating in that he's built a team for the fans to get behind and feel positive about but it's disappointing that defensive concentration lapses and the lack of a Plan B when we can't play our normal game have been or downfall yet again despite being evident all season.

Personally I'm happy for DM to carry on next season but if the above issues aren't addressed then I don't see him seeing the season through.

• Like 1