How much does it hurt you?

No pain what so ever anymore with Wednesday. You have to believe they can do it, but I always have that doubt they will probably conspire against themselves to self destruct.

As a Football team we are the analogy of Paul Gascoigne as a player. Potentially world class, but always ready to self destruct.

Last night has just left me angry. If we lost 5-2 and thrown the kitchen sink at them at least you could accept we weren't good enough. I fear we were good enough and we've f3cked it up again.

Same old Wednesday. Problem is after 20+ years of this, there are too many teams who expect to beat us. Rotherham and Wycombe now being the latest  examples of this.

Edited by Revenant
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Already looking forward to the new signing threads where we are always without fail told the new player ‘will rip the league a new one’.

Most likely no one that we sign will do that. 

But part of the fun is guessing who will be decent and who will be a disaster… and also the part where we write them off after 6 games 

lol 

Only been a Wednesday fan since 2000 and live in edinburgh now after a brief stay in sheffield 20 odd year ago (which is why I'm a fan). So missed a lot of the previously mentioned highs and lows.

When you consider what's happened last couple of years, what's happening now in Ukraine, etc last night is a mere blip for me. Just glad to be experiencing stuff like last night. The pre match pub, the walk up penistone road, the buzzing crowd when I walked in. Possibly biased but what a fantastic football team i have ended up supporting by the sheer chance of living in Sheffield for a short period. Even tho it didnt ultimately go our way I loved (almost) all of it.

When gregory scored there was no place in the world I would rather have been than in that mad kop corner.

Appreciate those who go every week will feel different!

League one championship whatever....I'll feel up for it and be excitedly checking trains etc when fixtures get announced in June.

WAWAW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After 55 years of hurt you can still rely on Sheffield Wednesday to disappoint. they have it down to an art form but can still find ways to twist that knife a little bit more.

Will be hurting for days to come!

3 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

After 55 years of hurt you can still rely on Sheffield Wednesday to disappoint. they have it down to an art form but can still find ways to twist that knife a little bit more.

Will be hurting for days to come!

Me too mate, after ,60 yrs. I have a mega hangover feel so flat and didn't even drink last night. Now i will have to drown my sorrows and mourn for days.

If there's one thing I have learnt in football is that things can change pretty rapidly. 

A few years back, we were on the brink of the Premier League and Dem Blades had just finished mid-table in League One. 

Fast forward a couple of seasons and they were above us in the Championship and then getting promoted. 

When you are at that sort of middling level that a lot of clubs are like us, it can all change very fast. 

Social media was full of numpties from the scrotes, Rotherham etc., laughing at our misfortune last night. It is what it is and there is a fair chance it will all go t*ts up for them before too long. 

• Like 1

Felt physically sick last night mostly how we failed to stamp our authority on a game that I was convinced would be the total opposite to the first leg.

Didn’t take long to realise that the game last night was just a repeat with a consolation goal.

As proved many times this season, we have not been resilient, consistent, we can’t handle physicality or sustain a press, impose ourselves on  teams who play to their strengths or maintain any concentration levels when it matters.

Outfought, outthought and outplayed.

Still disappointed but not surprised.

To get out of this league we need to go up via the automatics, which we would have done without lapses in concentration at critical times or f.ucking around with it at the back.  We need to learn to beat struggling teams and we have been far to prepared to think we can play around teams and not have to get stuck in.  The playoffs are a lottery.

You have to be on it from the off. Be relentless - you don’t get time to find the right blend in this division.

• Like 2

Doesn't really hurt too much strangely.

After last season to finish 4th is brilliant.  Didn't expect us to win the playoffs either so it is what it is. 

Plus losing last night means we don't have to spend a fortune watching us lose at Wembley lol

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If there's one thing I have learnt in football is that things can change pretty rapidly. 

A few years back, we were on the brink of the Premier League and Dem Blades had just finished mid-table in League One. 

Fast forward a couple of seasons and they were above us in the Championship and then getting promoted. 

When you are at that sort of middling level that a lot of clubs are like us, it can all change very fast. 

Social media was full of numpties from the scrotes, Rotherham etc., laughing at our misfortune last night. It is what it is and there is a fair chance it will all go t*ts up for them before too long. 

To be honest this season I couldn’t care less about other clubs. Genuinely don’t care what they’re doing. I used to get quietly wound up , but if that lot get promoted I honestly wouldn’t be that arsed I don’t think. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

it dont hurt me as i totally expected us to fail against a fitter sunderland who have a manager who is far smarter than d moore ,we have failed for years so im used to it ,its a total apathy , sometimes i get upset . yesterday no as totally expected . i was far more upset dec 29th spent hours getting up there and back on a cold dark evening watching us getting smashed 5-0 i was fuming , same shrewsbury we did nothing for 90 mins ,same lincoln away i can go on ,losing at morecambe for gods sake  . been in league 1 next season aint so bad ,losing at wembley would have hurt and been far worse , next season in championship we would lose most weeks be in bottom 6 then have a massive 5/6 weeks off for this corrupt world cup as well as other international wkds and sky moving games to monday and fri night away . if we are better than top 6 next season then its a positive 

Thick & thin as they say. Well mostly thin.

I don’t really think It will ever make a difference to me what ever league we’re in.

Obviously want the success but 

I’ll still be feeling the hope & fear in or before every single game.

Ffs Wednesday…..

• Like 1

I've felt crap today about us having another year in league one although I'm probably more accepting of our status now than I was after the relegation last season. At least we've had a good season, played some good stuff at times and most importantly having fans back at Hillsborough. I'm hopeful of another top six push next season too.

• Like 1

Still livid and not going to pretend otherwise. Always the bridesmaid never the bride, in Wednesdays case.

Once again a huge opportunity and in typical fashion we blew it.

Those interested in what happens in the summer regarding transfers are going to be in for a huge shock, our better players will be replaced with lower quality.

I know there are plenty of fans, not just on here, that have the "O well I got over it" approach and attitude, I'm not one of them. And I know its not about glory hunting- demanding we win every league and Cup competition but I do think for how much money the fans have invested into the club, particularly during the Chansiri years, that the club should have done a lot better on the field, we should have atleast had a spell, even if it was 1 season, in the Premiership. But that is now lightyears away, and one of the reasons why last night royally pi$$ed me off because the realisation of SWFC being a successful club just slid further down the pipe. The enthusiasm will be at draining point if the pigs get promoted this season, playing Premiership football (again) whilst we challenge the likes of Forest Green and Accrington.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I've felt crap today about us having another year in league one although I'm probably more accepting of our status now than I was after the relegation last season. At least we've had a good season, played some good stuff at times and most importantly having fans back at Hillsborough. I'm hopeful of another top six push next season too.

Yep last season hurt way more, it was just watching that slow car crash that was our season and knowing the inevitable was coming. Then a faint glimmer of hope towards the end, 25 mins or so from safety then it all went wrong.

Before the season ended I was mentally prepared for another year in league one. Unlike when we lost the championship POF to Hull, I don't feel this was a golden chance that has slipped away. If we keep the core of this squad together then automatic promotion is a real possibility next time out, or even then we'll go up the year after. No worries about becoming another Sunderland or Ipswich.

Besides if we'd gone up it probably would've been a really hard gruelling season in the championship. We're not out of the woods yet in terms of FFP and couldn't spend much (if anything) on transfers. Would've been wheeling and dealing for frees and loans which is a lot more effective in league one. Keep the rebuild going, add some youngsters, build a solid base to survive and push on once we go up.

WTID

• Like 1

Knowing us, we will get off to a right flyer next season and be top of the league by the end of August, where we will stay into the new year. Then we will have a Rotherham-type wobble in  March/April and we will need 3 points in our final game to go up. 

You know what happens next don’t you?

Its the Wednesday way

• Like 2