How much does it hurt you?

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

Supporters of clubs like rochdale,gillingham,walsall,Carlisle etc  would get my vote ......I've seen us at major cup finals ,in european comps,in top 6 of the top flight on 5 occasions  things that they'll never see if  they live to a 100......

Good point, but the size of those clubs mean their fans don't aspire to those things. The size, ground, history and fanbase here means we at least should be competing at the highest level. I still maintain we are the best fans in the country.

• Like 1

The two times I have felt absolutely devastated supporting this club were relegation in 1990 (cried for about a week) and losing FA cup replay in 1993 (cried all way home from Wembley).

Nowadays I feel very down for a day or two, but each day it feels a little easier. I did actually get a bit tearful the other night and I think it was because it felt amazing when Gregory scored and got our hopes up, only for it all to be chucked away again. Weirdly, I think if he hadn't scored, I'd have been okay. It's the hope that kills you.

But I'm a Wednesdayite. Constant gloom and letdowns comes as part of the territory. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

Supporters of clubs like rochdale,gillingham,walsall,Carlisle etc  would get my vote ......I've seen us at major cup finals ,in european comps,in top 6 of the top flight on 5 occasions  things that they'll never see if  they live to a 100......

Good catch. You're totally right, my friend. A healthy perspective check.

• Like 1

Watched Wednesday for going on 60 years, its a rollercoaster with very long dips and the odd short incline, you get numb to it after around 10 years and reality hits you, just enjoy the ups while they last, were on one again, hopefully this time it culminates with trophy the fans so deserve and a title, of sorts