Wednesday - V- Crewe - OMDT

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

This is very much ‘on Moore’s head be it’.

Im not saying it’s a wrong line up. I get the method behind the madness. It’s just very risky.

My only real grip is dropping Fizz after a great performance. Would have been good to get another game under his belt if Mass wasn’t fit to start.

I assume Fizz isn’t ready for two games in 3 days or he’d be a cert starter after Saturday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

This is very much ‘on Moore’s head be it’.

Im not saying it’s a wrong line up. I get the method behind the madness. It’s just very risky.

My only real grip is dropping Fizz after a great performance. Would have been good to get another game under his belt if Mass wasn’t fit to start.

To be fair he is fasting so it's probably asking a lot to play two games in quick succession like that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Paterson is the obvious replacement for Luongo who is being eased back to full health. 

And not the player who has a very good change last match and got a staffing ovation in the changing room? Who has now been dropped to the bench

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Paterson is the obvious replacement for Luongo who is being eased back to full health. 

Hunt is an odd one in a back 3. However, it’s a very confident and attacking decision because he and Palmer will certainly be comfortable on the ball and will look to drive forward at every opportunity. 

It also gives NML a run at RWB again. He and Johnson will be a nightmare for them.

And we’ve got Berahino-Gregory up top. Perfect.

I really really like it. 

Don't think that Hunt will be in the back three.

As far as I remember he is always the first name after BPF

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

1 centre back on the field but 2 on the bench. 

What is he doing. Just play players in their correct position.

The players should be concentrating on winning, not on what role they are having to change to, against the worst team in the league

Swapping formations at this stage of the season ffs. P,us Patterson in midfield doesn’t work. He doesn’t have quick enough feet, he’s too slow to move he ball.

got disaster written all over this one! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I think it’s time we started trusting that he knows what is required and which players need a rest etc. We’ve just beaten 2nd away from home, so I’ll back DM to know what he’s doing. 

You'll get nowhere with that kind of thinking.

However well the manager does, Owlstalk knows better.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

It’ll be interesting to get info from someone who’s watching it what the formation will be? At the moment it looks more like a Frank and Peggy Spencer ballroom formation team from 1969 (with Peter West as commentator of course)🧐

Mind you it should be alreyt as long as Bandalf is on the pitch waving his magic wand of a left foot around!

Just now, HootHoot said:

Why would they sit back for a point when they are already relegated? They'll be up for it from the off I'd imagine. They have nothing to lose.

Teams under no pressure, with nothing to play for go out and enjoy the game, express themselves, they are dangerous, we need to be 100% from the off.

Just now, debram said:

Teams under no pressure, with nothing to play for go out and enjoy the game, express themselves, they are dangerous, we need to be 100% from the off.

Exactly. It's their last game at a big ground most likely and they don't need the points. Managers probably said go out and have fun and try and give the travelling fans something to celebrate.

We should be fine if we keep it professional and don't lose our heads.

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Don’t want to be over critical of Moore but I do genuinely believe this type of tinkering over the course of the season is why we aren’t challenging the top 2. 

Dele Bashiru dropped? Bannan moved deeper? Johnson to CB? NML has been relatively poor since extending at the end of January but keeps finding him was into a team that doesn’t even play his position? 

Odd. 

Dele not ready.

How is Bannan deeper?

Johnson will be LWB.

NML will be RWB which is his position.

I agree NML has been very poor but that’s when he plays striker. He’ll be great  wide tonight.

13 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

There is literally only one man would’ve picked that team.

“Fizz you played great”. “Fizz, you’re dropped”

Well, fingers crossed. 

Like somebody else has pointed out it could be due to the fact he has been fasting.  2 games in quick sucession may not be the wisest.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Swapping formations at this stage of the season ffs. P,us Patterson in midfield doesn’t work. He doesn’t have quick enough feet, he’s too slow to move he ball.

got disaster written all over this one! 

How is it a swapped formation?

Hunt Storey Palmer

NML Byers Paterson Byers Johnson

Berahino Gregory 

• Haha 1