Wednesday - V- Crewe - OMDT

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

I know we won on Saturday but if I was a manager with NML at my disposal I would have played him instead of Hunt against a 37 year old left back!

Discuss........................................

Except Lewington doesnt play left back anymore, owing to the fact that he’s 37 lol 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

because they won’t want to get spanked by us perhaps. 

If they needed the points then fair enough but they're already down and will be playing with a certain freedom. Away from home at a big ground, they'll want to give their fans something to cheer. 

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Dele not ready.

How is Bannan deeper?

Johnson will be LWB.

NML will be RWB which is his position.

I agree NML has been very poor but that’s when he plays striker. He’ll be great  wide tonight.

Because Bannan has been playing as a 10. He will drop into CM to accommodate Paterson as the 10. 

He has used NML at LWB previously a few times, notably against Plymouth where he scored. He has also used Johnson at CB on a few occasions yet has never used Hunt their. My guess is that’s how he will go based off how he has used those 3 over the season. 

NML was and always has played as a winger. He has only started 2 games at RWB for Wednesday (Ipswich & Morecambe), he’s actually started more games as a striker so I’m unsure how you have come to that conclusion.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Like somebody else has pointed out it could be due to the fact he has been fasting.  2 games in quick sucession may not be the wisest.

But fasting isn’t eating. It’s not eating during daylight hours. Still put the calories and energy in after twilight!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Fasting young player who's spent a lot of time out injured.

This isn't FIFA where you can play everyone every week if you buy a stamina card 

No no no, this is Owlstalk and just because some on here have got Staveley MW to the champions league on FIFA, they know best.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Fasting young player who's spent a lot of time out injured.

This isn't FIFA where you can play everyone every week if you buy a stamina card 

Whys he on the bench then 

His he off for a all you can eat at cosmos at halftime 

• Haha 2