Sack Moore Now!

Dave Jones has a promotion to the Premier League on his CV. 

There's plenty of bang average managers who have a promotion to the Premier League on their CV, many of whom have been out of work for years. 

If we are going to be calling for Moore's head (after a draw), then can we at least put forward some decent, contemporary candidates? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They had 4 key players missing and we still couldn't beat them

I don't believe Moore is a good motivator

Of all the things you could criticise Moore for this would be right at the bottom of my list.

I'm fact I would say it is one of his best qualities. Players really seem to want to play for him.

In what games this season have the players looked unmotivated? 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl

What is wrong with sections of our fan base?

Are Rotherham fans, Mk Dons fans, Plymouth fans, Wycombe fans, Oxford fans, Ipswich fans, calling for their managers head after yesterday’s results ( no ). 

We were fifth with six to play, we are still fifth with five to play. It’s in our hands and certain fans are calling for the manager to be sacked, unbelievable!!

With five games left fans should be getting behind everybody at the club not moaning and calling for the manager to be sacked.

I’m actually embarrassed reading some of the posts 

28 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Absolutely. Upfront has been our issue all season and Moore has been criticised for every combination he has played.

People were going mad that Berahino was even in the squad earlier in the season. Now he's the next Dennis Bergkamp and Moore should be sacked for not playing him.

I'm not a fan of NML up front but the reason he's playing there is because all of our other options are also weak.

Exactly.

We've had two years of certain posters telling us that Paterson 'is not a striker', and months of people losing their sh*t because Moore was picking 'his mate' Berahino...and now they're moaning because they're not regularly starting games.

No matter what Moore does, it's the easiest thing in the world to claim that another course of action would obviously have led to a better result.

He should have played Mendez-Laing up top in all those games we failed to win with Paterson or Berahino in the team. We'd have obviously won then.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Absolutely. Upfront has been our issue all season and Moore has been criticised for every combination he has played.

People were going mad that Berahino was even in the squad earlier in the season. Now he's the next Dennis Bergkamp and Moore should be sacked for not playing him.

I'm not a fan of NML up front but the reason he's playing there is because all of our other options are also weak.

Not the case at all. 

Berahino was poor at the start of the season, people weren't clamouring for him to play, we'd basically written him off. 

But he's since been much better and in my opinion has deserved far more game time. 

The issue really is that we're shoehorning NML into a team that doesn't always need him, and Moore is needlessly persisting with it. There's a reasonable case to be made that NML doesn't deserve to take the spot of Gregory, Berahino, Johnson OR Hunt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

What is wrong with sections of our fan base?

Are Rotherham fans, Mk Dons fans, Plymouth fans, Wycombe fans, Oxford fans, Ipswich fans, calling for their managers head after yesterday’s results ( no ). 

We were fifth with six to play, we are still fifth with five to play. It’s in our hands and certain fans are calling for the manager to be sacked, unbelievable!!

With five games left fans should be getting behind everybody at the club not moaning and calling for the manager to be sacked.

I’m actually embarrassed reading some of the posts 

I believe that people have made their mind up on him a while back (e.g. when he was appointed) and won't budge no matter what the evidence is that he's doing a good job

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I believe that people have made their mind up on him a while back (e.g. when he was appointed) and won't budge no matter what the evidence is that he's doing a good job

Bang on 

16 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We're in a play-off place, have a 64% win ratio since the beginning of February, and have lost just 2 games in 14 in that time. 

And you want to sack the manager......... Seriously? You talk about "having a chance". Do you not consider that at this stage of the season, actually being in with a chance at all has a lot to do with the manager? 

Points are dropped. It happens to every team. Most of our promotion rivals dropped points yesterday.

16 hours ago, Steelman said:

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games

Please have another read of this. Do you not see the contradiction? I will add that of the last 14 games, we have won 9. So the current manager does actually pick teams that can win games.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could not be further from the truth. Never before have I seen a Wednesday manager have an army of protectors come out in force when he's given valid criticism. 

Apart from Bruce, Darren Moore got far more support than any other manager in years when he came in, there was so much good will it was untrue.

When we were poor in the Championship, we said it wasn't his squad and he was trying to change the mentality.

When we went down with a whimper, we said it wasn't his team, we had the points deduction and  he got ill. 

When he brought in 40 wingers and then changed to a system that didn't need them we gave him a pass.

When he changed to a system which required 3 centre backs when we had 1 fit we gave him a pass. 

When he refused to play our most potent attacking threat until his parent club came out to meet him, resulting in them taking him back and farming him out to another rival we gave him a pass. 

When he dropped local journos in it by claiming NML's deal wasn't up in January when in fact it was we gave him a pass. 

When he took off Barry Bannan against Accrington for absolutely no reason, justifying it by saying post match that 'Barry would not have won the header' for their equaliser we gave him a pass. 

When he persists playing NML up front instead of other better options we gave him a pass. 

When asked about why his side continues to concede from set plays (and give away opportunities) after over a year in charge and he says ""All the goals we have conceded from set plays have been from different angles." We gave him a pass.

Had the likes of Jos done 1/4 of the above he'd have been mocked and laughed out of Sheffield (just like he was), there was nobody sticking up for him I seem to remember. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

Could not be further from the truth. Never before have I seen a Wednesday manager have an army of protectors come out in force when he's given valid criticism. 

Apart from Bruce, Darren Moore got far more support than any other manager in years when he came in, there was so much good will it was untrue.

When we were poor in the Championship, we said it wasn't his squad and he was trying to change the mentality.

When we went down with a whimper, we said it wasn't his team, we had the points deduction and  he got ill. 

When he brought in 40 wingers and then changed to a system that didn't need them we gave him a pass.

When he changed to a system which required 3 centre backs when we had 1 fit we gave him a pass. 

When he refused to play our most potent attacking threat until his parent club came out to meet him, resulting in them taking him back and farming him out to another rival we gave him a pass. 

When he dropped local journos in it by claiming NML's deal wasn't up in January when in fact it was we gave him a pass. 

When he took off Barry Bannan against Accrington for absolutely no reason, justifying it by saying post match that 'Barry would not have won the header' for their equaliser we gave him a pass. 

When he persists playing NML up front instead of other better options we gave him a pass. 

When asked about why his side continues to concede from set plays (and give away opportunities) after over a year in charge and he says ""All the goals we have conceded from set plays have been from different angles." We gave him a pass.

Had the likes of Jos done 1/4 of the above he'd have been mocked and laughed out of Sheffield (just like he was), there was nobody sticking up for him I seem to remember. 

We're heading for promotion

When we DO get promoted (and we will) all these posts are gonna look really silly

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We're heading for promotion

When we DO get promoted (and we will) all these posts are gonna look really silly

I admire that you know you're wrong but you know how to keep topics going on your own website, kudos. You got me.

Edited by Owls2k
  • Haha 1

I was relatively happy with his appointment. Wasn’t overly happy that we didn’t get a new manager bounce, wasn’t happy that we didn’t turn up and get a result at Derby. But I didn’t want him sacked because of that, could see that there were extenuating circumstances with him having covid and that the team had been a mess, just think he could have done better last season still though.

Came into this season with a clean slate and wanting him to do well. My expectations for the season were totally dependent on the squad built. In June I expected no decent signings and to lose our best players. Had that happened then mid table would have been decent. But Chansiri delivered with the budget and expectations relative to the rest of the league meant that promotion is the goal.

I’ve been convinced he’s not the right manager since October and all those dropped points. We should have competed for autos but haven’t. Recent results have been better with just 3-4 bad results this year but the damage had already been done.

The goal is promotion and less is a failure. Not sure why so many are happy to settle for mediocrity really. So to achieve our goal we have to get the play offs. If we don’t we need a new direction.

I’m not sure we will get play offs now after yesterday. And it’s not because of a draw at Bolton it’s because of points dropped earlier in the season. I see us losing at MK Dons then beating Crewe. We’re going to need a result at Wycombe and then not bottle beating Fleetwood and Portsmouth, then win 3 play off games to go up. 

I don’t have much confidence we will do all that.

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Unfortunately that does happen in relation to both managers and players..... both in favourable and unfavourable terms. Dig a position and defend it come what may.

I believe, and certainly hope, that this ground is populated by the noisy minority however.

Personally I was pleased when he joined, happy with the summer recruitment on the whole but less than enamoured with our early season style and entertainment  served up. Some of the play more latterly has delighted me however and, despite being perplexed by some of his decisions on the season overall, he's in the positive with me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Not sure even that's enough for some. Several posters have said they want him sacked even if we win the playoffs.

I think you're right.

It's really weird. I don't see why he is under so much pressure with some.

• Like 1