Sack Moore Now!

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Of all the things you could criticise Moore for this would be right at the bottom of my list.

I'm fact I would say it is one of his best qualities. Players really seem to want to play for him.

In what games this season have the players looked unmotivated? 

Here are a few, and I haven't listed them all

Plymouth away 0-3

Shrewsbury home 1-1

Wimbledon away 2-2

Cambridge away 1-1

Lincoln home 1-1

Cheltenham away 2-2

Gillingham home 1-1

Plymouth away 0-3

Wycombe home 2-2

Hartlepool home 0-3

Sunderland away 0-5

Shrewsbury away 0-1

Lincoln away 1-3

Accrington home 1-1 Moore trying to play master tactician by taking Bannan off when the game was in the balance

Bolton away 1-1

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

12 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Left our shooting boots on the bench Darren, not in Sheffield. 

Mentioned a sports psychologist when asked why his team can't defend corners.

NML up front is the answer to a question that's never been asked, yet another perplexing decision. Managers make decisions and try things, some work and some don't, but persisting with things that don't work is absolutely infuriating. 

I personally hope he doesn't persist with NML up front but the reality is none of the options on the bench are really any better.

Berahino has suddenly become the saviour for some fans just because he had one game where he scored a hattrick. But he's done precious little in the 24 other games he's appeared in this season. In fact for most of the season Moore was getting stick for giving him any game time at all.

• Like 6

regarding this thread , there has been a split opinion regards darren moore since earlier this season. getting rid now isnt the right time despite the fact id only give us 5% chance of us going up this season , ive watched us in every away game apart from the plymouth mauling and apart from short spells we have been 4/10 tops in away games and in quite a  few of those games d moore needs to take some blame . lets wait till the end of the season and reassess, there probably are 15-20 managers in this league who would do a better job than darren based on the money he has been given for wages and the backing he has received, forget transfer fees who the hell has paid them in this league this season?. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, camffiti said:

11 new cheap loanees, a new manager & HMS P*SS the League expectations 

CLEAR AHHHHRRT HOG summeh tho 

cheap loans? no there not there on way above this leagues average wage . we have players who earn nearly as much as accrington ,cheltenham and fleetwoods entire team . our squad not to finish top 6 would be appalling . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

.. they’re calling for the manager to be sacked whilst 5th in league when most predicted preseason we’d either battle relegation or be mid table. 

yes but that was when we thought we would have to rely on our appalling bottom of the league u23 squad with 6 1st teamers . d moore has been backed with 16 plus signings . based on the tools he has been given id give him 5/6 out of 10 . if you take away the home games and just watched us away this season you would be pretty naffed off i watch home/away . the season has been very enjoyable but could well be ending very frustratingly . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

yes but that was when we thought we would have to rely on our appalling bottom of the league u23 squad with 6 1st teamers . d moore has been backed with 16 plus signings . based on the tools he has been given id give him 5/6 out of 10 . if you take away the home games and just watched us away this season you would be pretty naffed off i watch home/away . the season has been very enjoyable but could well be ending very frustratingly . 

Some good points here.🖕

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Could not be further from the truth. Never before have I seen a Wednesday manager have an army of protectors come out in force when he's given valid criticism. 

Apart from Bruce, Darren Moore got far more support than any other manager in years when he came in, there was so much good will it was untrue.

When we were poor in the Championship, we said it wasn't his squad and he was trying to change the mentality.

When we went down with a whimper, we said it wasn't his team, we had the points deduction and  he got ill. 

When he brought in 40 wingers and then changed to a system that didn't need them we gave him a pass.

When he changed to a system which required 3 centre backs when we had 1 fit we gave him a pass. 

When he refused to play our most potent attacking threat until his parent club came out to meet him, resulting in them taking him back and farming him out to another rival we gave him a pass. 

When he dropped local journos in it by claiming NML's deal wasn't up in January when in fact it was we gave him a pass. 

When he took off Barry Bannan against Accrington for absolutely no reason, justifying it by saying post match that 'Barry would not have won the header' for their equaliser we gave him a pass. 

When he persists playing NML up front instead of other better options we gave him a pass. 

When asked about why his side continues to concede from set plays (and give away opportunities) after over a year in charge and he says ""All the goals we have conceded from set plays have been from different angles." We gave him a pass.

Had the likes of Jos done 1/4 of the above he'd have been mocked and laughed out of Sheffield (just like he was), there was nobody sticking up for him I seem to remember. 

You say we gave him a pass, did you ?

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Could not be further from the truth. Never before have I seen a Wednesday manager have an army of protectors come out in force when he's given valid criticism. 

Apart from Bruce, Darren Moore got far more support than any other manager in years when he came in, there was so much good will it was untrue.

When we were poor in the Championship, we said it wasn't his squad and he was trying to change the mentality.

When we went down with a whimper, we said it wasn't his team, we had the points deduction and  he got ill. 

When he brought in 40 wingers and then changed to a system that didn't need them we gave him a pass.

When he changed to a system which required 3 centre backs when we had 1 fit we gave him a pass. 

When he refused to play our most potent attacking threat until his parent club came out to meet him, resulting in them taking him back and farming him out to another rival we gave him a pass. 

When he dropped local journos in it by claiming NML's deal wasn't up in January when in fact it was we gave him a pass. 

When he took off Barry Bannan against Accrington for absolutely no reason, justifying it by saying post match that 'Barry would not have won the header' for their equaliser we gave him a pass. 

When he persists playing NML up front instead of other better options we gave him a pass. 

When asked about why his side continues to concede from set plays (and give away opportunities) after over a year in charge and he says ""All the goals we have conceded from set plays have been from different angles." We gave him a pass.

Had the likes of Jos done 1/4 of the above he'd have been mocked and laughed out of Sheffield (just like he was), there was nobody sticking up for him I seem to remember. 

Brilliant post mate👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GermanBird said:

This thread is about sacking a manager whilst we are in a promotion spot

But we aren’t in a promotion spot. We should be, but we’re in a play off spot. And only just.

I’m not even convinced we’ll finish in the top 6 and if we do Moore hasn’t got the tactical know how to get us through the play offs. 

• Haha 3

Its worth pointing out that over the last 25 games or so we've averaged roughly 2ppg. That's automatic form and highly suggestive that Moore could deliver an automatic challenge next season if we don't go up this one.

If we were to replace Moore over the summer we would likely have that initial 10-15 game period where the team gels and the manager gets his new tactics/ formation established. By that point you are likely already playing catch up and the automatics become a huge stretch. 

Sometimes it's better to give continuity to a solid/ competent manager rather than repeatedly changing and hoping to strike gold.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Its worth pointing out that over the last 25 games or so we've averaged roughly 2ppg. That's automatic form and highly suggestive that Moore could deliver an automatic challenge next season if we don't go up this one.

Also worth pointing out that we have a 64% win rate since the beginning of February. Yes, we have dropped points against teams lower in the league than ourselves, but so has everyone else at the business end of L1

Sometimes it's better to give continuity to a solid/ competent manager rather than repeatedly changing and hoping to strike gold.

Exactly this. It's taken a while to turn the ship around, but the direction of travel is now very encouraging. I'd rather build on the progress made in the second half of the season than tear everything up and start again (with no guarantee we'd be any better).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I personally hope he doesn't persist with NML up front but the reality is none of the options on the bench are really any better.

Berahino has suddenly become the saviour for some fans just because he had one game where he scored a hattrick. But he's done precious little in the 24 other games he's appeared in this season. In fact for most of the season Moore was getting stick for giving him any game time at all.

That's not the reality at all, and Berahino is not being held up as a saviour, it's just being correctly pointed out that in a lot of cases he's a better option. 

Since his hat trick he started the next game and then hasn't started a game since, it's bizarre.

All that while NML hasn't scored a single goal in 5 starts as a striker, that includes missing sitters against Rotherham, Wimbledon (at 1-0) and again yesterday. He also impedes on Gregory's and Hunt's game. Gregory gets isolated and Johnson is suffocated by him. 

Berahino made such a visible difference to the side yesterday, just keeping it simple and bringing others into the game, anyone could see that. Gregory and Johnson were both far more in the game than before.

I do see that NML has certain attributes that we should be trying to deploy, but not all of the time, it's complete madness to play him there this often and its incredibly frustrating.

Berhaino may not be the answer every time but nor is NML, that's the point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

That's not the reality at all, and Berahino is not being held up as a saviour, it's just being correctly pointed out that in a lot of cases he's a better option. 

Since his hat trick he started the next game and then hasn't started a game since, it's bizarre.

All that while NML hasn't scored a single goal in 5 starts as a striker, that includes missing sitters against Rotherham, Wimbledon (at 1-0) and again yesterday. He also impedes on Gregory's and Hunt's game. Gregory gets isolated and Johnson is suffocated by him. 

Berahino made such a visible difference to the side yesterday, just keeping it simple and bringing others into the game, anyone could see that. Gregory and Johnson were both far more in the game than before.

I do see that NML has certain attributes that we should be trying to deploy, but not all of the time, it's complete madness to play him there this often and its incredibly frustrating.

Berhaino may not be the answer every time but nor is NML, that's the point. 

Yeah sure I agree that NML shouldn't  be starting there every game.

Be interesting to see if he starts the next game. Tbh away at MK would probably a game that would suit his pace on the counterattack.

• Like 3

Guest Willow Owl
7 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Point 1- Maybe fans think there is no valid criticism, that’s why they jump to his defence.

Point 2 - Got is past tense, He is still manager. Deserves support as we are in play off position. 

Point 3- Our championship squad wasn’t his.

Point 4- It wasn’t his team

Point 5- How many wingers do we actually have ?

Point 6- A 3 centre back system that is seeing us play our best football and has got us to 5th

Point 7- That attacking threat that can’t get a game for our rivals. Proves he was right.

Point 8- NML was on a contract until end of season. Not a valid criticism.

Point 9- Agree he shouldn’t have taken Bannan off, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Point 10- NML isn’t a striker I agree, please elaborate on better options on the bench.

Point 11- All teams concede goals, Moore brought in 3 centre halves in the Jan window to help but 2 have been injured. 
Point 12- Jos/ DM totally different situations and not valid. 

On 09/04/2022 at 18:56, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

And the clown of the weekend goes to this chap. :tango:  What a bizarre post with only a handful of games left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah sure I agree that NML shouldn't  be starting there every game.

Be interesting to see if he starts the next game. Tbh away at MK would probably a game that would suit his pace on the counterattack.

I agree completely.

The irony of yesterday was, we took him off. Scored the goal and I thought immediately, "we could with NML on to hit them on the break". Although to be fair even after the goal we were the ones in control until we missed 2 chances and they scored a lucky equaliser. So I was wrong in that thought. 

Looking back I actually think that Moore didn't think we'd have that much of the ball as we did, in that sense you could see his thinking. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Point 1- Maybe fans think there is no valid criticism, that’s why they jump to his defence. Well you've cited a couple below yourself. It begs the question, why Moore's supports think that some aren't having him?

Point 2 - Got is past tense, He is still manager. Deserves support as we are in play off position. So he didn't deserve support when we are 7th? If we finish outside of the top 6 do you want him gone?

Point 3- Our championship squad wasn’t his. A manager's squad rarely is. 

Point 4- It wasn’t his team A manager hardly ever gets 'their team'

Point 5- How many wingers do we actually have ? You look like you're good with numbers Matilda, have a look yourself. I mean the girl in the film btw, not the Robot from Robot Wars. Although that would put up a better argument. 

Point 6- A 3 centre back system that is seeing us play our best football and has got us to 5th At the start of the season Moore said we'd change between a 4 and a 3, that changed to a 3 when we had 1 CB available. And we switched to a 3 because we were so poor a the back. Pretty poor from a former CB

Point 7- That attacking threat that can’t get a game for our rivals. Proves he was right. No it doesn't, he was our best attacking threat and he under-utilised him. Openly said he wanted to keep him and it was taken out of his hands. It's irrelevant what happened when Theo went into a squad less talented than ours that has performed very well compared to our underperforming lot.

Point 8- NML was on a contract until end of season. Not a valid criticism. Incorrect, spin from the club to save face. The journos were spot on.

Point 9- Agree he shouldn’t have taken Bannan off, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Nobody in the S6 postcode saw that sub coming, ridiculous and pee'd off everyone in the ground, including his captain and lost us 2 points. A prime example of Moore being Moore

Point 10- NML isn’t a striker I agree, please elaborate on better options on the bench. I'd probably go with a striker who has scored whilst playing up front, which NML hasn't done in 5 starts (having had 3 easy chances at least - Millers 1-on-1, Wimbledon from Bannan's incredibly pass and Bolton that he ballooned onto the M62). Berahino scored a hat trick when he started with Gregory (who was immense in that match btw). Berahino started with next game with Paterson and he's not started since, crazy.

Point 11- All teams concede goals, Moore brought in 3 centre halves in the Jan window to help but 2 have been injured. It's not always about bringing players in to solve problems, you coach them. It was actually his bizarre answer to a legit question that was most worrying though.
Point 12- Jos/ DM totally different situations and not valid. It's perfectly valid. One was mocked throughout his time here, including a current player. The present manager has a job for life according to some and if you says he's not the best thing since sliced bread it's pure sacrilege. 

Please see my correct answers to your diatribe above. 

garymegson