Sack Moore Now!

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The defence we have should be more than capable of defending set pieces.   The players have to look to themselves sometimes.

The coach works with them 5 days a week and has done all season and we have consistently conceded goals from set pieces. Something is dramatically wrong with the either the menality or the general organisation 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

You sir are an ass

• Love 1

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

As long as you are happy with the 15* goals conceded from nest pieces with a centre half as coach then that’s all good

if he can’t see there is a serious problem with set pieces and sort it out the. He needs to go 

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

What frustates me is that it's impossible here to have proper discussions about manager decisions or tactics because here are people, who are on a mission against the manager and take every opportunity to ask for his head.

When somebody ask for sacking the manager in our current situation, it has nothing to do with tactics, has it???

Well yes, because the choices he makes such as leaving the player who has looked the most threatening in goal scoring situations on the bench repeatedly, and playing square pegs in round holes, NML who is a great player at this level and works hard but is NOT a striker, then complaining we "left our shooting boots in sheffield" is baffling.  That is a tactical decision, do I think we should sack him now? no, but Its hard to argue that our lack of converting chances was partly down to the team he picked today.

Sacking is a bit much, its a gut wrench response to frustration, to try and paint it as a witch hunt because of Moores Ethnicity is unfair though, its silencing valid critique through virtue signalling and strawmanning, which is hardly fair either.

On Balance, he has done more good than bad since coming in, but expectations have changed now, and that is partly because he has shown our earlier expectations were too low, with increased expectations comes increased pressure and scrutiny.

It is perfectly reasonable to critique what we think are mistakes or bad calls, Though you are right that his origins are off the table for discussion, if it was anything more than a critique of his choices when we play away then you might even have a point, but you are trying to make this into something it is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Should a manager who previously played as a defender neccessarily be some defensive genius manager?

Are there any actual examples of this?

Also - if this was the case surely we'd have scored record numbers of goals under Trevor Francis (football's first million pound footballer) instead of the club being ruined?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Should a manager who previously played as a defender neccessarily be some defensive genius manager?

Also - if this was the case surely we'd have scored record numbers of goals under Trevor Francis (football's first million pound footballer) instead of the club being ruined?

#Neilistryingtoohard.

It's too late for that now.

We'll have to go with what we've got.

Today was a disappointment, but if we miss out it'll be because of what happened earlier in the season.

Chucking away silly points needlessly trying to play total football at the back in the third tier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit of a duff point as we know quite often good players make terrible managers in general.  But you would HOPE a player who was known for his defensive abilities would have a bit of nuance in their coaching of defensive techniques.

Do I think him playing as a defender is a game changer for his coaching skills, not really, but then again I also think he has TRIED and generally SUCCEEDED in improving us defensively.  I think over all he has improved things on and off the pitch so maybe I am not the one to ask this question to.

• Like 1

Just now, leftpeg said:

Bit of a duff point as we know quite often good players make terrible managers in general.  But you would HOPE a player who was known for his defensive abilities would have a bit of nuance in their coaching of defensive techniques.

Do I think him playing as a defender is a game changer for his coaching skills, not really, but then again I also think he has TRIED and generally SUCCEEDED in improving us defensively.  I think over all he has improved things on and off the pitch so maybe I am not the one to ask this question to.

I totally get where people are coming from with this - and I kinda think the same thing - but I'd love to see the stats of ex-defenders who go onto management around stopping goals and defence etc

Would be interesting reading

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, leftpeg said:

The problem is that at this level any team has to be able to defend free kicks and corners, as so many opposing teams use them as a means of scoring goals.

If you can't, then you can be much the better team all game yet get undone from one dead-ball situation.

Moore just cannot get on top of this problem.

36 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I’ve said it many times during the season - Moore is getting the absolute  bare minimum that should be expected out of this squad.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how he thinks NML is a better striker than Berahino - it’s bizarre.

Personally I don’t think any of our strikers are that good. Berahino has had only three games games where he’s looked good - the rest of the time ordinary to mediocre. Patterson has been more consistent but not a regular striker. Kamberi tries but isn’t great and Windass is never fit. 

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Personally I don’t think any of our strikers are that good. Berahino has had only three games games where he’s looked good - the rest of the time ordinary to mediocre. Patterson has been more consistent but not a regular striker. Kamberi tries but isn’t great and Windass is never fit. 

Do you think NML has looked a better striker than any of them?

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

Some reyt nutters on ‘ere 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GermanBird said:

or maybe because of his race or because you do support another club?

Seriously just shut the f#ck up

You can criticise a manager without bringing skin colour into this 

Stop been pathetic and grow the f#ck up 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’m starting to bore myself with my criticism of Moore now but I can’t help it

Its infuriating at times 

Its been as clear as day since the start of the season that Gregory can’t play as a lone striker 

NML can’t play upfront 

We aren’t picking up enough points on our travels with this lineup, why can’t he change it? 

Darren Moore will cost this overqualified set of players (for league 1) promotion 

Not good enough 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I’ve said it many times during the season - Moore is getting the absolute  bare minimum that should be expected out of this squad.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how he thinks NML is a better striker than Berahino - it’s bizarre.

Agreed

On the occasion we do turn up and put teams away I think it’s more to do with the mismatch in ability rather than our managers genius 

• Haha 2