Sack Moore Now!

23 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They had 4 key players missing and we still couldn't beat them

I don't believe Moore is a good motivator

Said it day dot when DM appointment announced that was a risky appointment.  

There are big parallels between how we are going this year to job he did at WBA.

On face of it he's Managing a side in 5th with a shout at play offs, but with squad / support he's had from chairman it's a below standard performance to be out of automatic race.

DM apologists will point to injuries he's had, but in contrary it took until we had so many out for him to finally pick a settled side...when changes stopped performances and results improved.

Too late to sack him, but if we don't go up he should be replaced. 

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

As long as you are happy with the 15* goals conceded from nest pieces with a centre half as coach then that’s all good

if he can’t see there is a serious problem with set pieces and sort it out the. He needs to go 

The defence we have should be more than capable of defending set pieces.   The players have to look to themselves sometimes.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, andrew1974 said:

Sack him? Don’t be silly.

the only thing that annoys me is that Moore, Smith, Thompson and Jacobs were all defenders. That should be our strong point not our main weakness

actually, NML up front annoys me when Berahino is on the bench

To sum up we beat a side 6-0,  our front two looked great together, one got a hat trick, then in following games they've not started a game together, and we're playing a winger up front who can't finish.

Top notch management right there.

Football is a simple game overcomplicated by idiots.  Sums up root of our issues.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Dear o dear. 
Can’t believe what I’m reading here. 
On the cusp of play offs which we can easily win. 
Get behind the team FFS. 

Deal with whatever happens after. Jeez. 

Absolutely. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

With all the naysayers on here and obviously the original post being ludicrous, that went by me.

Apologies

It's my fault. Sarcasm doesn't come across well in text, and it's the lowest form of wit too 🙂

16 minutes ago, markg said:

He’s doing a decent job. Best home record for ages. Highest we’ve been in our first season in league one. Usually we struggle massively when we’ve gone down. I’d the strikers did their job today then we would all be happy 

This best home form record we are playing in the third division.

we have a budget bigger than any other team in the league.

we have a first squad of 30+ players to pick from and many players that are the standard of the league above.

i would be expecting us to play well at home when many other teams get no where near the support we do and are putting a team together on a shoe string.

what has cost us the top 2 this season is:

poor tactics,

the wrong players in the wrong roles,

not playing a formation that fits the players we have available.

the injuries to a few key players,

poor game management,

poor substitutions often to late or the wrong players.

My big worry with Darren Moore if you ask him after 41 games whats your strongest first 11 he does not know.

but today what lost the game was simple, we keep playing players out of position. what cost us today was 1 goal from 21 shots. Of those 21 shot only 3 were by strikers Berahino x1 and Gregory x2.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

we have a first squad of 30+ players to pick from and many players that are the standard of the league above.

i would be expecting us to play well at home when many other teams get no where near the support we do and are putting a team together on a shoe string.

poor tactics,

poor game management,

My big worry with Darren Moore if you ask him after 41 games whats your strongest first 11 he does not know.

but today what lost the game was simple, we keep playing players out of position. what cost us today was 1 goal from 21 shots. Of those 21 shot only 3 were by strikers Berahino x1 and Gregory x2.

No chance. Hardly any of them are of the standard of the league above. It's why they are playing in this division. If we go up, we'll see that. We say that each time we end up in this league too

We have the biggest budget and usually one of the biggest followings every time we are in this league. But usually in the first season, we are nowhere near challenge for promotion.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

poor tactics,

poor game management,

Bang on. 

Unfortunately the “experts” on here don’t realise it. 

Most of them think Carlos the Clown 🤡 is the greatest manager we’ve ever had.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

To sum up we beat a side 6-0,  our front two looked great together, one got a hat trick, then in following games they've not started a game together, and we're playing a winger up front who can't finish.

Top notch management right there.

Football is a simple game overcomplicated by idiots.  Sums up root of our issues.

The use of the word idiot is unnecessary and harsh and unfortunately devalues your argument. Otherwise your point perfectly highlights the nagging doubts that persist about DMs tactics and decision making. He seems to lack clarity of thought. 

• Like 2

Look - we get to the end of the season and then we reassess. 

If we miss out on the play offs, then I think it is perfectly valid for there to be a serious debate about whether Moore is kept on or not. 

Let's hope we don't have to have that discussion. I feel like there is a half decent coach in there, who is good at recruitment, man management etc., but perhaps there are just one too many shortcomings when it gets down to the crunch. But then I could say similar about some of our senior players in terms of how they are quite talented, but have a knack of stacking it when it matters. 

Still - fingers crossed we put today's setback behind us and kick on. Do or die isn't it. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Look - we get to the end of the season and then we reassess. 

If we miss out on the play offs, then I think it is perfectly valid for there to be a serious debate about whether Moore is kept on or not. 

Let's hope we don't have to have that discussion. I feel like there is a half decent coach in there, who is good at recruitment, man management etc., but perhaps there are just one too many shortcomings when it gets down to the crunch. But then I could say similar about some of our senior players in terms of how they are quite talented, but have a knack of stacking it when it matters. 

Still - fingers crossed we put today's setback behind us and kick on. Do or die isn't it. 

Dude. Talking my language. 
We need to Get behind the team now FFS 

2 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

Best flounce of the day, excellent stuff mate.

some of the pre match flounce’s today have been embarrassingly weak and feeble, you have restored my faith 

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

pw.gif

Owlstalk Shop

TRUMPBALL.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

The use of the word idiot is unnecessary and harsh and unfortunately devalues your argument. Otherwise your point perfectly highlights the nagging doubts that persist about DMs tactics and decision making. He seems to lack clarity of thought. 

It's a quote mate.  Ever heard of Bill Shankley?