Sack Moore Now!

52 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No he was in the dug out, an area where he’d spent most of the afternoon in the company of 2 in form strikers while he sat and watched a winger play up front.

Given the number of chances we created yesterday, imagine what the score could’ve been by the time Bolton got that corner had he started one of them.

I get what you're saying, but do you not think having a player with Mendez-Laing's pace helped to push Bolton's defence backwards, thus helping to create so many chances for the team?

It's always tempting to think that the alternative course of action would have resulted in a better outcome, but there are no guarantees of that. Let's be honest, we've seen Paterson (Is he a striker now? It's just we've had two years of certain posters telling us he's not!) and Berahino miss plenty of chances of their own over the season, haven't we? Plus their all-round game may well have led to fewer chances than we created in the first half.

And of course Berahino did have more than half an hour up top yesterday, with similar results to when Mendez-Laing was playing.

FairPlay we have some fantastic fans, but my god some of our fans are very tinpot. If they’re not throwing flairs on pitch, jumping barriers to get a cuddle with a player or throwing objects at ex players….. they’re calling for the manager to be sacked whilst 5th in league when most predicted preseason we’d either battle relegation or be mid table. 

I bet those that come on gear after a loss crying and moaning for people to be sacked are the same lot that text an ex when out on the lash. They need a good friend to confiscate their phones in both scenarios. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

Stopped reading when you mentioned Keane

14 hours ago, marconi said:

I feel the OP’s frustration at the selection of NML as a strike partner with Gregory.

What ever happens this season, Moore needs replacing for the next one.

It's only a couple of weeks ago when posters on here were saying that Berahino wasn't good enough and play NML, then NML wasn't good enough so play Berahino.

MAKE YOUR FRIGGIN MINDS UP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's only a couple of weeks ago when posters on here were saying that Berahino wasn't good enough and play NML, then NML wasn't good enough so play Berahino.

MAKE YOUR FRIGGIN MINDS UP.

Berahino isn’t good enough either, just a better option than NML.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Our form is better than Sunderland's over the past ten games.

But not over 6, that shows the effect Neil is now having. 

2 last minute winners in 2 games will give them huge confidence too. 

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

They were 3rd of the league when they got nervous and sacked their manager.

Look at our current form. If we had changed the manager a few month ago, everybody would claim that the change of manager was the reason.

I

Just now, GermanBird said:

They were 3rd of the league when they got nervous and sacked their manager.

Look at our current form. If we had changed the manager a few month ago, everybody would claim that the change of manager was the reason.

I

I've just looked at current form chief and Sunderland's is better than ours over 6 matches. Including an away win at a promotion rival

Yes it took Neil a few weeks to make an impact but now he is. They have a manager with a Premier League promotion on his CV with that experience to use, we have a manager who achieved zero.

• Like 1

I've just looked at current form chief and Sunderland's is better than ours over 6 matches. Including an away win at a promotion rival

Yes it took Neil a few weeks to make an impact but now he is. They have a manager with a Premier League promotion on his CV with that experience to use, we have a manager who achieved zero.

what was the immediate effect on Sunderland of sacking their manager? We can’t afford that with only 5 games left. I’m sorry but it’s an utter absurd suggestion. Back the team for these big games. 

• Like 3

Their decision to sack the manager might still have cost them promotion.

The new manager was brought in because they got nervous and aimed for automatics. They are far from automatics now and just clinging onto the playoff-places.

You can't be serious that it was a good decision to give up place 3 to have a gamble???

• Like 3

Just now, GermanBird said:

The new manager was brought in because they got nervous and aimed for automatics. They are far from automatics now and just clinging onto the playoff-places.

You can't be serious that it was a good decision to give up place 3 to have a gamble???

Where did I say it was a good decision to change manager? I'm talking about the here an now and the two managers in situ

8 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Yeah, over the last six they've picked up two points more than us.

If we'd put away one more of our fantastic chances yesterday, we'd be neck and neck over six games and ahead over ten.

We have twelve points from our last six games and 21 from our last ten.

So what does that show about the effect Moore is having?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, over the last six they've picked up two points more than us.

If we'd put away one more of our fantastic chances yesterday, we'd be neck and neck over six games and ahead over ten.

We have twelve points from our last six games and 21 from our last ten.

So what does that show about the effect Moore is having?

Ifs and buts.

The main point I was making was that now Neil has got going at Sunderland, he has the credentials and managerial experience to get them over the line, it's a simple argument. 

Other folks chimed in with the 10 game form table and I pulled the 6 game one up, showing their recent improvement. 

• Haha 2

Roy Keane is your answer…hasn’t he failed with every managerial job he’s had?? 

It will be best to see how Moore sees out the season. Too few games left for anyone new to make a real impact. 

Oh and we are in the top 6. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Where did I say it was a good decision to sack Johnson?

Point was, as it stands. Sunderland have a manager with a Premier League promotion and Premier League experience on his CV. 

If you're going to argue against someone's point, make sure you read what their point actually is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, KernowOwl said:

Roy Keane is your answer…hasn’t he failed with every managerial job he’s had?? 

It will be best to see how Moore sees out the season. Too few games left for anyone new to make a real impact. 

Oh and we are in the top 6. 

Nope, Roy Keane has a Premier League promotion on his CV with Sunderland.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

All managers will make decisions which fans question, often without access to the full information or reasoning behind them.

Mendez-Laing has played up top five times this season and we've won three, drawn one (today) and lost one (when we played Rotherham off the park at Hillsborough) - it's hardly the craziest decision in the world to start him there again, especially away from home where a pacy forward can make the world of difference.

Then when you consider that our attacking play in the first half was excellent , it looks like a decision which is fairly easily justified. But for some better finishing, yes from Mendez-Laing but from others too, we'd have been out of sight by half time. It's always tempting to think that the alternative option would have buried the chances, but would Paterson or Berahino have created or got on the end of the chances that Mendez-Laing has in recent weeks in the first place?

We'll never know of course, but Berahino did have 30+ minutes to make an impact on today's game, with a similar end result to Mendez-Laing.

It may appear to be the wrong decision from where you're sitting, but it's certainly not the kind of decision to sack a manager over.

Absolutely. Upfront has been our issue all season and Moore has been criticised for every combination he has played.

People were going mad that Berahino was even in the squad earlier in the season. Now he's the next Dennis Bergkamp and Moore should be sacked for not playing him.

I'm not a fan of NML up front but the reason he's playing there is because all of our other options are also weak.

• Like 2