Sack Moore Now!

I’ll just leave this here for all the know nowts that slagged me off. 

He was out managed by Neil over 2 games and he was done over by Ainsworth down at Adams Park. They even said they wanted us in the final. 

It’s a terrible burden being right all the time. Especially when you’re surrounded by mediocre people. Fantastic coach but he’s no tactician or man manager. He has to go. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steelman said:

He was out managed by Neil over 2 games and he was done over by Ainsworth down at Adams Park. They even said they wanted us in the final. 

It’s a terrible burden being right all the time. Especially when you’re surrounded by mediocre people. Fantastic coach but he’s no tactician or man manager. He has to go. 

How do you know he’s a fantastic coach exactly?

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, Steelman said:

You can't blame the Club for tonight

You can't blame the fans for tonight

You can't blame the players for tonight.

We're one nil down and playing with a flat back five with three centre backs marking one striker, because he scored in the first leg.

DM has just cost Big Chans another small fortune. 

We go again... But we should be winning the title in League One next season with the level of backing we've had this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd say he's the first manager in a long time thats got us playing with a particlar style and given us an identity!

But where was that identity tonight? We let Sunderland pass the ball in their own half un challenged for the majority of tonight's game.

Far too much respect for Sunderland tonight, and for far too long.

I've just heard Moore say he hopes the fans saw a team trying to win the game tonight. I certainly didn't.

I eventually saw a team desparatly trying to get an equaliser for the second time tonight, but it was too little and too late.

Great effort by the fans and the club tonight. And a great effort from our players, but I'm afraid the tactics for our cup final tonight (Against a third division team) were well wide of the mark.

Edited by Revenant
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Steelman said:

We've gone out to an injury time goal and your only concern is coming on here to crow how this confirms your prognosticative genius? All it would have taken was a lucky deflection, moment of brilliance or individual blunder and your whole scenario takes a dive off a cliff and Neil is the one getting lambasted for being a negative dinosaur who prevented his team from winning.

• Like 4

He's not good enough and has held us back. With out him we would be up now. Sack him I'm sick of the happy clapping poo. We needed promotion he didn't get it because  of him .how could you possibly try to defend him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest samowl
On 09/04/2022 at 19:06, sexpistol said:

Yeah. I stopped reading after that. What a stupid post 🤣

Typical arrogant comment   .Moore's rubbish. Has been all season 

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

******** hell we lost in play offs after spending a long time with a better team injured than we had available.

Give the bloke a chance ffs - Carlos sacked and we got worse, Jos, Pullis, Monk and some want to start the merry go round again after a play off defeat absolute bell ends.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

We've gone out to an injury time goal and your only concern is coming on here to crow how this confirms your prognosticative genius? All it would have taken was a lucky deflection, moment of brilliance or individual blunder and your whole scenario takes a dive off a cliff and Neil is the one getting lambasted for being a negative dinosaur who prevented his team from winning.

We didn't go out to get an injury time goal though did we?

We played on the counter attack as we did all game and had a couple of chances because the game was wide open in the last 10 minutes. We treated the equaliser as of we'd won the game.

Forget Roy Keane. Forget the fact the guy gets to say he was right all along, but there were other sack the manager threads getting deleted last night. We live in a time were silencing dissent is now common practice. Historically, that hasn't always worked out well.

I like Darren Moore and Jamie Smith. They have produced some great football in recent months, but playing with a flat back five last night in a game we had to win, is really hard to understand. It's happened before, it can't happen again. And I don't see Darren changing, because he like you thinks he's put out a team to win. The Sunderland defenders weren't put under any real pressure last night in open play, because we had two many defenders instructed to sit back and defend. That's not the type of football that for DM the opportunity of playing in the play offs.

We had nothing to lose, and everything to win, and so much attacking threat, and yet set out as if we were playing Man City... But we weren't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

We didn't go out to get an injury time goal though did we?

Of course we did. Without that we're going into extra time instead.

I agree that we were too cautious and resorted to hoofing it long too often which failed over and over again. But to be fair, we've no idea what the manager's approach might have been. It's difficult to believe we planned on emulating Vinny Jones era Wimbledon after how we go to that point. A lot of the time we were pressured into a hasty, panicked approach by the opponent. Players often get caught up in the tension of the occasion and revert to that kind of thing to the ongoing frustration of the manager.

8 hours ago, samowl said:

Typical arrogant comment   .Moore's rubbish. Has been all season 

But he hasn't has he....  he's made some errors as all managers do but he's also been unfortunate with injuries that have hampered half the season...  a fully fit squad would have seen us win this league...  WITH Moore at the helm.

9 hours ago, Revenant said:

You can't blame the Club for tonight

You can't blame the fans for tonight

You can't blame the players for tonight.

We're one nil down and playing with a flat back five with three centre backs marking one striker, because he scored in the first leg.

DM has just cost Big Chans another small fortune. 

We go again... But we should be winning the title in League One next season with the level of backing we've had this year.

That statement "We're one nil down and playing with a flat back five with three centre backs marking one striker, because he scored in the first leg." was how a number of us saw it.

• Like 1

I think a bit of a minus against Darren Moore last night, didnt get a performance out of his side in such a big game in either legs really.

But dont think we need to change managers just yet. He probably does need a good start to next season otherwise as is the way in modern football a lot of loud fans on social media will want a change.

If we acted in January after the Sunderland/Shrewsbury debacle and went For Neil before Sunderland, may i say like i suggested 5 months ago to get him, then it would be us heading to Wembley next Saturday. The game wasn't really won or lost on the pitch, it was lost in the dugout. Neil did a number on Moore and he had no answers. We tested their keeper ONCE during 180 minutes, and that was an optimistic overhead kick from almost the edge of the area. Toothless in both games, too late making subs, doing too much like for like changes. 

• Like 1

Guest Kameron

He’d have been gone at the end of last season if it was up to me but unfortunately he’s here to stay.  He simply doesn’t have promotion in him and was never likely to do so via the playoffs because just like Carlos he’s not brave enough.  On a separate point this squad is ageing and has numerous players that carry long term injuries, we have to be more wise and let players go at the right time and stop signing players with long records of injuries.  Moore has got to learn the level we are at and stop with his ideal way of playing, if he doesn’t we’re going to be down here for a good few years.  We need a younger fitter squad with a few older heads in the right positions and we are desperate for a leader, for those who complain about shithousery we better learn to deal with that too because it’s the level we’re at, some of our fans note the word fans actually think these sides should be rolling over and watching us making Hollywood passes around our 6 yard box.  Bring on fo o king Forest green rovers.

Roy Keane, why not.

The guys a winner at least.

Wouldn't accept second best.

Be very interesting and there would be a lot of interest in us.

Roy Keane's Sheffield Wednesday 😆 

• Haha 1