Sack Moore Now!

Left our shooting boots on the bench Darren, not in Sheffield. 

Mentioned a sports psychologist when asked why his team can't defend corners.

NML up front is the answer to a question that's never been asked, yet another perplexing decision. Managers make decisions and try things, some work and some don't, but persisting with things that don't work is absolutely infuriating. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, horny owl said:

We might still scrape into the playoffs in spite of Moore being here

But Imagine where we’d be if we actually had a half decent manager who knows what he’s doing.

Agree completely. 

Worrying thing is Sunderland. They've brought in Alex Neil who has a Premier League promotion on his CV, and they're getting results and building momentum. I honestly fear for us over 2 legs or in a final with Moore in charge, all it takes is one of his silly selection/tactical decision (e.g. taking Bannan off vs Accrington, starting NML up front) and it's curtains.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 1963owl said:

If we sack him now we don’t deserve to go up

Exactly this.

It's the kind of desperate act we used to laugh at Sheffield United for doing.

IF we did make a change it has to come in the summer, if we don't finish in the Play Offs and Chansiri decided to act then fair enough, I wouldn't agree with it personally but I could understand the thought process but to do it now would just show a complete lack of plan or structure.

• Like 2

It should sound crazy but which would be the bigger gamble... New guy or leaving Moore in charge....

You'd have to say who would be the new guy of course but IF we do stay in the play offs right now  it really will be a throw of the dice.

To play two games against a team and not throw it away.... and that's just to get to Wembley..... 

Falls to Chansiri lacking football knowledge yet again.... it was obvious early on this season that the quality down here is poor and Moore couldn't get the best out of the squad....

Just hope we CAN click in to gear

If not Moore should be gone immediately with his replacement already lined up now. Ready for the closed season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

The coach works with them 5 days a week and has done all season and we have consistently conceded goals from set pieces. Something is dramatically wrong with the either the menality or the general organisation 

So every goal is down to the manager?  Have we conceded more from set pieces than other clubs at the top of the table?    If MK Dons have conceded more goals from open play than us should they sack their manager?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I only pressed the laughing face emoji because I couldn’t find the irrational drama Queen one… has that been removed ?

Or for the opening post (

post not poster) why not have this ?

image.gif.af8a2f30de0f6b5780ec896932dffe40.gif

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, marconi said:

I feel the OP’s frustration at the selection of NML as a strike partner with Gregory.

What ever happens this season, Moore needs replacing for the next one.

Good logic.

Manager builds a team on freebies and loans, gets promoted but, still needs moving on?

Let’s be clear, if we’re promoted this season, Moore has done a terrific job. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Agree completely. 

Worrying thing is Sunderland. They've brought in Alex Neil who has a Premier League promotion on his CV, and they're getting results and building momentum. I honestly fear for us over 2 legs or in a final with Moore in charge, all it takes is one of his silly selection/tactical decision (e.g. taking Bannan off vs Accrington, starting NML up front) and it's curtains.

Our form is better than Sunderland's over the past ten games.

• Like 3

As frustrating as yesterday was, I hope Moore stays for next season.

He's still fairly young for a manager and will be learning from his mistakes and if we fail to go up, hopefully has a long look at some of the obvious errors that have been posted here over the summer.

But I want him to stay because it just feels a lot 'fresher' at the club as a whole since he came in.

The players are obviously giving their all for him and you can tell they're enjoying their football. We're mostly playing some great stuff and although, yes, it's League 1, I'm actually looking forward to going to Hillsborough again. It feels like the start of a new era.

If he stays then we have stability regardless of what league we're in. The players will know what to expect. They know how we play now  and they build and fine tune that.

Whatever league we end up in.

• Like 8

It should also be said that a manager can only do so much.

Once the players cross the white line it's largely down to them.

The sad fact is too often away from home we flatter to deceive.

Yesterday was a prime example. Profligate in front of goal and concede a poor last minute equaliser. I think that's as much to do with mentality than it is any coaching. Why do these players still seem to think they can just turn up in this division (at times) and that'll be enough? I don't think that's entirely down to the manager tbh. 

8 hours ago, zorbatheowl said:

Cant believe the OP is serious . Yes another disappointing result but for FFS was Moore defending the corner ?

No he was in the dug out, an area where he’d spent most of the afternoon in the company of 2 in form strikers while he sat and watched a winger play up front.

Given the number of chances we created yesterday, imagine what the score could’ve been by the time Bolton got that corner had he started one of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2