Sack Moore Now!

I have to admit that I am not convinced by DM. Some of his selections, his tactics and substitutions (or lack of them at the Portsmouth game where Bannan and Gregory should have been changed when we were 3-1 up) are quite worrying. Talking to a retired professional footballer to-day who watched it on TV, his view, watching DM and his eyes, gestures and body language was that he didn't really know what to do and what to change. I have to say from what I saw at the game was that we tried to match Sunderland style rather than impose our own. Our long high balls were completely ineffective and were easily picked up. For long periods in the first half, Hunt had huge space on the right wing and yet this was not exploited by the goalkeeper or backs passing to him where he could run the wing and centre to chasing forwards which was a real waste.

But the key question is which managers we would really like will be prepared to come to a third tier club, especially with the sort of reputation our Chairman has and would the Chairman be prepared to pay the cost of a pay-off to DM?

• Love 1

People keep whining about substitutions, but ask your self this, where are these "Game changing players" you all seem to think we should bring on going to come from, when we couldnt spend on fees.  Players that are happy to sit on a bench and YET have the ability to change a game are pretty rare outside the top flight.

Sure there was a period of time when we had a pool of players to select from, but this year we had to make do with loans and frees, and theres only so many loans you can have.  Rightly, Moore recognised that the bigger problem was in defense, so used the loans to build that side of our team.  But that meant there simply wasnt room for that mercurial game changer.

So, what substitutions would you have made yesterday to ensure a win?  What different tactics would you have employed 99% of people whining about the dodgey subs and tactics might have been right in the first 2 months of the season, when we barely had a player fit.

Bit since the turn of the year Moore has done a good job with the hand he was dealt and has earned next season.

In the first leg, Sunderland came at us like missiles for the first 60 mins, we rode our luck and played our way into the game.  In the second leg, the only problem was the lack of patience with the ball from the players, too often going for the quick pass our rather than cycling the ball and waiting for clearer openings.  

But I dont get this "Substitutions cost us" issue, when its clear we are in the first year of a rebuild, so yes, the balance is not going to be there this early.

Moore gets another year for me, HMS PTL is ready to set sail next year with the shackles off. 

Sorry but this drama queen theatrics is just sad and boring now. I'm not happy about yesterday but sometimes you dont win football games.

Moore took us over at our lowest. He had about 3 players and a hen playing for us last summer and took us to 4th on 85 points...when 74 would be enough for playoffs last year. 

Sad ending but it's been a good season overall and Moore has my full support. 

• Like 1

If past experiences are anything to go by if we got rid tomorrow we wouldn't get a replacement until around October at least. Plus we'd have to pay Ayr compo to get Bullen back as caretaker manager.