Sack Moore Now!

People need to remember the broken culture and set of free loaders he started the job with, and the total overhaul he had to do for this season without paying transfer fees. Improving the team work and mentality was never going to be instant. Add to that the ridiculous injury levels.

I thought I'd have liked to see NML on the right again and Beraniho start up front but calling for him to get the sack is ridiculous.

Bolton weren't a walkover and we missed too many chances it happens. Supporters need to grow up a bit,  get over ourselves and support the manager and team. We'll all be better off for it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sticklebricks said:

People need to remember the broken culture and set of free loaders he started the job with, and the total overhaul he had to do for this season without paying transfer fees. Improving the team work and mentality was never going to be instant. Add to that the ridiculous injury levels.

I thought I'd have liked to see NML on the right again and Beraniho start up front but calling for him to get the sack is ridiculous.

Bolton weren't a walkover and we missed too many chances it happens. Supporters need to grow up a bit,  get over ourselves and support the manager and team. We'll all be better off for it.

They had 4 key players missing and we still couldn't beat them

I don't believe Moore is a good motivator

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Like everyone else I'm fuming about the players lack of ability to concentrate at set pieces.

My worry is facing Sunderland in the final and with our lack of concentration conceding right at the death from a set piece.

Insofar as the OP goes, has to be one of the most ridiculous posts of the season. 

Moore had built a team virtually from scratch without being able to pay any fees and somehow got us into a very strong position. He's shown he can wheel and deal very effectively at this level and regardless of what happens now deserves another shot next season, especially as I believe we can start spending (reasonably) again.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

why?  

- because he managed to get a competitive team out of freebees and loans

- because he has achieved that the team plays for him and for each other

- because he tries to develop the youth here

- because he has overcome many hurdles like "winning after falling behind", etc, etc.

- because he plays attractive attacking football

- because he is installing a new positive club culture

or maybe because of his race or because you do support another club?

Not sure why you brought the race of the manager into things, I am overall more of a fan of Moore than not, but there is no questioning that while he has done above most reasonable expectations he has flaws, and his constant squad tinkering and questionable decisions leave him open to criticism, and its ok to critique, its ok to not like the fact that the player who has looked the biggest goal threat for us since the new year constantly gets dropped for no obvious reason, its ok to question tactical changes that make little sense.

Its ok to question the mentality of going one up and then taking the foot off the pedal and dropping back and inviting trouble, its even ok to think a better manager would have gotten more out of these players, and they might have, or they might not have.

No one brought Moores race into things until you did, and it is so very irrelevant in the context of the ops post.  They are frustrated because today was a two points dropped rather than 1 gained situation.

The day we can not question dodgey decisions by the gaffer and voice frustration over being nearly but not quite (Again) is the day I quit.  PS, How did you defend Carlos after Huddersfield? or was it ok to take pops at him then?  I ask because if its ok to question those tactical failures but not todays then maybe the OP is not the one with an issue here.

Edited by leftpeg
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RighthOwlon said:

We’re 5th, with a squad full of loans and freebies. Best home record in the EFL, one of the in form teams in the league.

Moore out :duntmatter:

As long as you are happy with the 15* goals conceded from nest pieces with a centre half as coach then that’s all good

if he can’t see there is a serious problem with set pieces and sort it out the. He needs to go 

Just now, yeadonowl said:

As long as you are happy with the 15* goals conceded from nest pieces with a centre half as coach then that’s all good

if he can’t see there is a serious problem with set pieces and sort it out the. He needs to go 

He brought in two defenders, one no nonsense type and another more ball playing type and has basically replaced 2/3rds of the defence, it didnt work, but he tried.

Maybe the issue is deeper than that, I dunno.

2 minutes ago, leftpeg said:

Not sure why you brought the race of the manager into things, I am overall more of a fan of Moore than not, but there is no questioning that while he has done above most reasonable expectations he has flaws, and his constant squad tinkering and questionable decisions leave him open to criticism, and its ok to critique, its ok to not like the fact that the player who has looked the biggest goal threat for us since the new year constantly gets dropped for no obvious reason, its ok to question tactical changes that make little sense.

Its ok to question the mentality of going one up and then taking the foot off the pedal and dropping back and inviting trouble, its even ok to think a better manager would have gotten more out of these players, and they might have, or they might not have.

No one brought Moores race into things until you did, and it is so very irrelevant in the context of the ops post.  They are frustrated because today was a two points dropped rather than 1 gained situation.

The day we can not question dodgey decisions by the gaffer and voice frustration over being nearly but not quite (Again) is the day I quit.  PS, How did you defend Carlos after Huddersfield? or was it ok to take pops at him then?  I ask because if its ok to question those tactical failures but not todays then maybe the OP is not the one with an issue here.

What frustates me is that it's impossible here to have proper discussions about manager decisions or tactics because here are people, who are on a mission against the manager and take every opportunity to ask for his head.

When somebody ask for sacking the manager in our current situation, it has nothing to do with tactics, has it???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

He’s doing a decent job. Best home record for ages. Highest we’ve been in our first season in league one. Usually we struggle massively when we’ve gone down. I’d the strikers did their job today then we would all be happy 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

What frustates me is that it's impossible here to have proper discussions about manager decisions or tactics because here are people, who are on a mission against the manager and take every opportunity to ask for his head.

When somebody ask for sacking the manager in our current situation, it has nothing to do with tactics, has it???

Spot on 

6 minutes ago, leftpeg said:

Moore seems to have to win every single game convincingly to avoid criticism 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

Back that 'fact' up with stats, or it's just an opinion, a wrong one, but an opinion never the less

I was being sarcastic.

of course we conceded loads of last minute goals before Moore 

Sack him? Don’t be silly.

the only thing that annoys me is that Moore, Smith, Thompson and Jacobs were all defenders. That should be our strong point not our main weakness

actually, NML up front annoys me when Berahino is on the bench

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

Read the title...... then laughed lol

Edited by helmut_rooster