Sack Moore Now!

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Please see my correct answers to your diatribe above. 

garymegson

What a load Gonads.

Just accept the fact you hate Moore no matter what he does. 

22 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

What a load Gonads.

Just accept the fact you hate Moore no matter what he does. 

You see, you've half heartedly tried to argue the first time round, and now you've just shown your true, inept colours. 

You've actually disappointed me. 

You're the Owlstalk poster equivalent of Jon Beswetherik. Quite the accomplishment. 

Enjoy your evening Jon. 

26 minutes ago, 1867tim said:

I think he is making an excellent and valid point dissecting your use of "we".

1. He wasn't, he was just having a lazy pop (and failing)

2. When you're losing the argument move the argument. 

Guest Willow Owl
10 hours ago, Owls2k said:

You see, you've half heartedly tried to argue the first time round, and now you've just shown your true, inept colours. 

You've actually disappointed me. 

You're the Owlstalk poster equivalent of Jon Beswetherik. Quite the accomplishment. 

Enjoy your evening Jon. 

Not at all, it’s just pointless arguing with someone whose already made their mind up about Moore and keeps up with half ars”d points to try and justify their argument.

By the way, it’s spelt Beswetherick. if you’re going to try and be clever at least get the spelling correct.

Wonder why Jay Bothroyd’s name keeps popping in my head?

On 09/04/2022 at 18:56, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

Whilst agreeing with a lot of things bud. I'm not sure Roy Keane would be the answer. He was awful at Sunderland and Ipswich leaving them worse off than when he took over. 

Managment and footballers have changed and keanes style is very much the old cloughie & Ferguson shouty, angry my way of the highway style which I'm not sure works anymore. 

On 10/04/2022 at 10:18, Owls2k said:

Ifs and buts.

The main point I was making was that now Neil has got going at Sunderland, he has the credentials and managerial experience to get them over the line, it's a simple argument. 

Other folks chimed in with the 10 game form table and I pulled the 6 game one up, showing their recent improvement. 

The ask your self why he didn't achieve promotion with Preston?.

6 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Whilst agreeing with a lot of things bud. I'm not sure Roy Keane would be the answer. He was awful at Sunderland and Ipswich leaving them worse off than when he took over. 

Managment and footballers have changed and keanes style is very much the old cloughie & Ferguson shouty, angry my way of the highway style which I'm not sure works anymore. 

In what way was Keane awful at Sunderland. They were in the championship bottom 3 after 4 games when he came in and they won the league in his first season. Season after they finished 15th in the premier league, then he resigned when they were 18th at the end of November the year after. So they weren’t dead and buried and stayed up that season too. 

I’d say on balance what he achieved there was above expectations. It is 15 years ago though.

3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Budget? They flirted with the play offs a few times under him but there were probably a dozen clubs better placed to compete for promotion than Preston.

9 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Because their budget is minuscule compared with the big hitters in that division.

We're the big hitter in this division. 

Hardly rocket science. 

13 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Not at all, it’s just pointless arguing with someone whose already made their mind up about Moore and keeps up with half ars”d points to try and justify their argument.

By the way, it’s spelt Beswetherick. if you’re going to try and be clever at least get the spelling correct.

Deary me, are you still going?

The only half hearted attempt was your initial response, at least in the next one you just gave up. Having said that, congrats on managing to count to 12 Matilda. 

Thank you for correcting my spelling, unlike you I take it on the chin without flouncing about getting angry when I'm wrong. Every day's a school day. 

Guest Willow Owl
10 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Deary me, are you still going?

The only half hearted attempt was your initial response, at least in the next one you just gave up. Having said that, congrats on managing to count to 12 Matilda. 

Thank you for correcting my spelling, unlike you I take it on the chin without flouncing about getting angry when I'm wrong. Every day's a school day. 

Resorting to insults just makes your initial ramblings look even more silly. I replied as you asked and yet you still haven’t answered if “you” gave Moore a pass like “we” did?
Suppose haters will always hate.

I’m not angry at all and have nothing to take on the chin. 

You’re right on one thing though, Everyday is a school day. How are the school holidays by the way ?

I think I’ll leave it here, 

On 09/04/2022 at 18:56, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

I agree regarding Berahino, but the rest of your drivel is absolute BS. 
While I agree about Berahino, we have also garnered eight points and maintained 5th position - hardly sackable form. Just because you are frustrated doesn't mean someone gets sacked. You'd have thought by now, you'd know how better to deal with frustrations. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/04/2022 at 09:06, Willow Owl said:

The thing is, Willow, that at this level you really have to be able to defend from dead-ball situations, as so many goals are scored that way.

Otherwise you can be far the better team yet get suckered, as happened at the weekend.

Moore hasn't been able to sort that problem out all season long, something which is indisputable even by the Moorists.

Personally, I'm not sure he knows his best team even at this late stage, and had it not been for our injury crisis earlier in the season then I'm pretty sure that our season would now already be over.

For what it's worth, if we do fail to make the play-offs then I think it will be the efforts to play the ball out from the back in the first half of the season which will sink us.

I still have nightmares about our lad having nothing on in front of him, not being allowed to kick it into the stand, and getting caught in possession, with the ball duly winding up in the net in front of the kop.

Guest Willow Owl
5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is, Willow, that at this level you really have to be able to defend from dead-ball situations, as so many goals are scored that way.

Otherwise you can be far the better team yet get suckered, as happened at the weekend.

Moore hasn't been able to sort that problem out all season long, something which is indisputable even by the Moorists.

Personally, I'm not sure he knows his best team even at this late stage, and had it not been for our injury crisis earlier in the season then I'm pretty sure that our season would now already be over.

For what it's worth, if we do fail to make the play-offs then I think it will be the efforts to play the ball out from the back in the first half of the season which will sink us.

I still have nightmares about our lad having nothing on in front of him, not being allowed to kick it into the stand, and getting caught in possession, with the ball duly winding up in the net in front of the kop.

I get what you’re saying, but for large parts of the season we’ve missed majority of our centre halves. Dunkley, Iorfa, Gibson, Dean, Hutchinson ( to a degree). We played lots of games with Palmer and Johnson as centre backs. 
The current back three are in my opinion the best partnership. 
Moore can only work on positional sense and defending set pieces in training. It’s up to the players to carry those plans into the game.

The fact we have only conceded 44 goals, despite the injury circumstances says just what a good job Moore has done with the coaching. 
Just my humble opinion

12 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Resorting to insults just makes your initial ramblings look even more silly. I replied as you asked and yet you still haven’t answered if “you” gave Moore a pass like “we” did?
Suppose haters will always hate.

I’m not angry at all and have nothing to take on the chin. 

You’re right on one thing though, Everyday is a school day. How are the school holidays by the way ?

I think I’ll leave it here, 

Matilda an insult? She was a fine child mathematician, also never flounced when trying to argue. Clever lass. 

4 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

I get what you’re saying, but for large parts of the season we’ve missed majority of our centre halves. Dunkley, Iorfa, Gibson, Dean, Hutchinson ( to a degree). We played lots of games with Palmer and Johnson as centre backs. 
The current back three are in my opinion the best partnership. 
Moore can only work on positional sense and defending set pieces in training. It’s up to the players to carry those plans into the game.

The fact we have only conceded 44 goals, despite the injury circumstances says just what a good job Moore has done with the coaching. 
Just my humble opinion

Good points.

Injuries in a part of the team where cohesion really matters.