Sack Moore Now!

The ones that argue that Moore should stay are the ones who are happy with failure. Thems the straight fax. 

So many excuses for Moore it gets on my nerves. 

He seems a good manager to identify players (if it is him!) but his general tactics and matchday performance with a squad like ours is not something i can get behind. 

If we got Alex Neil in Jan would we have got promoted?  My view, probably!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When was that appearance?

What's his overall track record?

Remember that our fans will only accept someone who's been promoted numerous times with a squad on a wage bill of £18 a month

OK, playoff final qualification, 9/5/22.

That do you?

They accepted Moore.

Does he have any of that?

I was miffed by his interview last night.

He said the remit he set was to finish in the play offs - which he achieved 

Then it was to win them - which he failed.

He was happy with 6th position, that was his aim to finish 6th so he will see it as successful finishing 4th.

The remit with the squad he built for the players should have been Champions or at least 2nd. Anything else would have been deemed failure. 

He will want 6th again next year. 

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I  

He was happy with 6th position, that was his aim to finish 6th so he will see it as successful finishing 4th.

The remit with the squad he built for the players should have been Champions or at least 2nd.  

That’s a question for the chairman 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Road Runner said:

I was miffed by his interview last night.

The remit with the squad he built for the players should have been Champions or at least 2nd. Anything else would have been deemed failure. 

He will want 6th again next year. 

'He will want 6th again next year'

Will he? Have you asked him?

It's easy to talk about what somebody else's remit should be. Play offs were a fair target given the squad upheaval in my view. Sure we lost but someone has to. We were the second best team over the two legs and that the reality, not like we pummeled them for 180 mins and then lost by a fluke goal.

Not sure how why we expect to win all and sundry regardless. I don't know but I'd like to think his aim will be automatic promotion next season.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

The ones that argue that Moore should stay are the ones who are happy with failure. Thems the straight fax. 

He seems a good manager to identify players (if it is him!) but his general tactics and matchday performance with a squad like ours is not something i can get behind. 

How many managers fail to get promotion every season. Are they all failures?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Closer to PSG.

Loads of free transfers and loans on high wages, battering bad teams in the league, but failing when it matters.

We are a poorly run league 1 club vindicated by our recent achievements. 

36 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

We have got 85 points and the best home record in the EFL that’s hardly failure. People that want Moore gone after that are ignorant and don’t understand football. The vast majority want him to stay and build on this season. If we sack him now ( which isn’t going to happen) then what give another manager a go then if we fail again sack him etc etc. This doesn’t work. Fans today are all want want want. Look at the bigger picture.

We have too many knee jerk ******** fans.

43 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

*********** If we got Alex Neil in Jan would we have got promoted?  My view, probably!! *********

**** this bit 100% ******

this tie was won OFF the pitch  

7 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

We have got 85 points and the best home record in the EFL that’s hardly failure. People that want Moore gone after that are ignorant and don’t understand football. The vast majority want him to stay and build on this season. If we sack him now ( which isn’t going to happen) then what give another manager a go then if we fail again sack him etc etc. This doesn’t work. Fans today are all want want want. Look at the bigger picture.

We have too many knee jerk ******** fans.

Spot on, did we call Jack Charlton a failure when we finished 14th in this league in his near on first 2 seasons in charge?  Not one single fan had a go at him on radio phone ins or fans letters page in local paper. 

Darren Moore deserves another crack at it without a doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Spot on, did we call Jack Charlton a failure when we finished 14th in this league in his near on first 2 seasons in charge?  Not one single fan had a go at him on radio phone ins or fans letters page in local paper. 

Darren Moore deserves another crack at it without a doubt. 

I’ve said in a thread about Jack Charlton, if he had been around today, he would have been mercilessly hounded by the fans, more so than the few who do it to Moore on here.

• Like 1

So, all the people that are saying sack him. You really need to suggest replacements that can meet all of the following.

1. Pretty much guaranteed to achieve promotion (bearing in mind we'd be sacking someone who finished 4th after having to rebuild the whole squad)

2. Can very quickly develop the squad and has a track record of proven success in the transfer market, and can hit the ground running on this

3. Can work with Chansiri and all the issues that go with that

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, markg said:

So, all the people that are saying sack him. You really need to suggest replacements that can meet all of the following.

1. Pretty much guaranteed to achieve promotion (bearing in mind we'd be sacking someone who finished 4th after having to rebuild the whole squad)

2. Can very quickly develop the squad and has a track record of proven success in the transfer market, and can hit the ground running on this

3. Can work with Chansiri and all the issues that go with that

Excellent summary

• Like 1