No need to overreact

34 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Tonight was rubbish but I thought we were comfortably the better team for a lot of the first half

Human nature to get wound up and demand change after a result like that, but they happen to all teams every now and again

There has been a huge improvement in our performances these last 15 or so games

Tonight was just a blip

UTO

Cheers mate, put a smile on my face.

Wow!

I’ve asked a mate who is a Sunderland  fan for his take on the game, I’ll give you a few quotes, btw he’s not an ass hole.

”We expected a hard game”

”You gave up, why?”

”F me, does your defence ever learn?”

”Sorry but your forwards are not even non-league standard”

Finally, “It looks like your players f king hate each other”

Happy New Year

Edited by Joe Jockstrap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Wow!

I’ve asked a mate who is a Sunderland  fan for his take on the game, I’ll give you a few quotes, btw he’s not an ass hole.

”You gave up, why?”

Happy New Year

Bet he didn’t think they were non league standard when they put 3 past them and sent them home fuming. 

Tonight however completely undid all the recent progress. Bottled it completely 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

Bet he didn’t think they were non league standard when they put 3 past them and sent them home fuming. 

Tonight however completely undid all the recent progress. Bottled it completely 

I don’t think he gave a flying one after hammering us and embarrassing us. 

46 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Tonight was rubbish but I thought we were comfortably the better team for a lot of the first half

Human nature to get wound up and demand change after a result like that, but they happen to all teams every now and again

Tonight was just a blip

UTO

What yer taken? I need to try it after this friggin' poo showing.

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We started off strong playing some good football. And then just sloppiness and shaky defending cost us again. 

We can look pretty going forward all we want but until we sort this defence out, we are vulnerable to dropping points and getting a hammering by any side which is half decent. 

We have a patched up defence which was bound to come unstuck sooner or later.

We are luckily 8th in the worst standard of league we've ever been in. Our starting 11 had 9 players with Championship experience and a couple with premier league experience - and that was our level of performance. We are a complete embarrassment. 

We consistently look like a Championship side who rock up to a League One outfit on a cold Wednesday night in the league cup, we look like we just don't want to be there, terrible mentality and lack of character and quality.

This team and manager wanted to finish top, and the worst thing is they were being reasonable. But the performance has been abysmal.

The manager is clueless and has not clear plan on how he wants us to play or succeed, he can't tell the media our plan or ethos because in truth he has no idea himself. He's absolutely winging it.

Theo only got game time when Wolves complained and now he's back to bench warming. 

Derby and Barnsley are coming down in the summer, next season will be even tougher, mark my words. 

Chansiri may not want to pull the trigger to save cash, but not doing so may cost him more in the long run.

Being 10 points off the autos half way through should be a sackable offence alone

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Tonight was just a blip

UTO

The reaction of the side at Shrewsbury will tell us if this is just a blip.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Tonight was just a blip

UTO

Glue sniffer alert ⚠️ 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

We are luckily 8th in the worst standard of league we've ever been in. Our starting 11 had 9 players with Championship experience and a couple with premier league experience - and that was our level of performance. We are a complete embarrassment. 

We consistently look like a Championship side who rock up to a League One outfit on a cold Wednesday night in the league cup, we look like we just don't want to be there, terrible mentality and lack of character and quality.

This team and manager wanted to finish top, and the worst thing is they were being reasonable. But the performance has been abysmal.

The manager is clueless and has not clear plan on how he wants us to play or succeed, he can't tell the media our plan or ethos because in truth he has no idea himself. He's absolutely winging it.

Theo only got game time when Wolves complained and now he's back to bench warming. 

Derby and Barnsley are coming down in the summer, next season will be even tougher, mark my words. 

Chansiri may not want to pull the trigger to save cash, but not doing so may cost him more in the long run.

Being 10 points off the autos half way through should be a sackable offence alone

Fantastic post.  And shows just how far our standards have been driven out of us as a fanbase over the years by those at the top, that the overwhelming feeling tonight seems to be don't overreact, its a one-of etc.   After being pumped 5-zip by a Sunderland team that really aren't all that, in a performance where our players gave up even attempting basics such as marking, tracking your man, closing down crosses, executing simple passes etc.

I don't fault fans for having this approach, its almost conditioned into us to have to accept mediocrity and make excuses for it.  But 10 points off the top 2, with this squad, in this standard league, is a disgrace.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Wow!

”You gave up, why?”

Happy New Year

Think your mate called it pretty well there pal. I also enjoyed, the commentary on iPlayer for similar reasons I.e. the Radio Newcastle team called us out for what we are; absolute dog sh*te.

I honestly think this manager and team are mentally broken. There can be no other explanation for getting turned over like this without any kind of reaction.

• Like 2