No need to overreact

32 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

I hope you were being sarcastic OP!!!!

That performance and most of this season has not been ok, its been very far from ok.

Some just dont see it and for others their expectations seem so low,that a snake with a top hat on,could slither beneath them....

• Like 1

I get the logic that people think we might improve in the 2nd half of the season - a lot of new players, potentially more joining, injured players back etc.

But I will frown upon anyone who thinks that last performance was just a blip, and I will also frown upon anyone who thinks this first half of the season is anything other than a massive let down, considering the players and relative resources we have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

exactly this mate…sadly some on here say it’s a myth though 🤣 the simple fact of the matter is a draw gains you 1 point and a 3 win but some are saying a draw is fine???? 

Yes teams draw games, often 10+ a season but the fact is we’ve already drawn 10…it doesn’t leave much margin for error for the second half of the season!! If we finish 7th/8th by say 5/6 points we can point to a few games that we’ve frustratingly drawn. 

Lost count of the times i have had this debate on here ,never changes...people see what they want to see,TBF they pay their money like anyone else and are entitled to but the lack of ambition at times is disappointing to see   

• Like 2

Just now, parajack said:

Lost count of the times i have had this debate on here ,never changes...people see what they want to see,TBF they pay their money like anyone else and are entitled to but the lack of ambition at times is disappointing to see   

Just complaining about everything does not make you ambitious.

To be ambitious, you need to be patient, put in some hard work and aim to achieve your target. 

As a supporter, my ambition is to do my part to bring my club forward. I do not believe that complaining, shouting and offending anyone makes people any better or leads to any good results. I do not believe that impatience is a virtue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Asio otus said:

But after spending time and money, why not enjoy yourself when the team is getting hammered. What is the point of getting all morose, life us too short.

How do you enjoy yourself when your team is getting hammered,not playing well,and showing little if any fight?...

Like telling an impotent bloke to enjoy a ****!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Well there you have it, some random person on t'internet predicted we would finish 8th, so we shouldn't really be expecting to get promoted or even reach the play offs.

I am still convinced we make the playoffs, win and get promoted.

We just should start to enjoy the ride instead of gryping all the time!

It's our promotion season and we should enjoy it!

• Haha 1

Just now, parajack said:

How do you enjoy yourself when your team is getting hammered,not playing well,and showing little if any fight?...

I did not enjoy Thursday night and I am still a bit traumatized, but I still enjoy the season as I do believe that we will succeed.

I see progress and that's enough for me.  Thursday was just another bump in the road.

Tomorrow is another game and hopefully our boys will show us that they can play.

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

You're engaging in the transparent method of misrepresenting the other side of the argument because your basic principle was atomised as nonsense and you are unwilling to acknowledge the clarification. The issue is how many games you win or lose, NOT draw as ought to be obvious. To suggest that anyone would prefer fewer points over not losing is just petulance frankly.

oh I’ve acknowledged it mate…I then provided further evidence to prove you’re talking utter tripe!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I am still convinced we make the playoffs, win and get promoted.

We just should start to enjoy the ride instead of gryping all the time!

It's our promotion season and we should enjoy it!

Promotion would be nice,however there is little evidence currently that it will be,though i admire your optimism.

We need now to be seeing our team winning their games,and doing so convincingly,go on a run,and enter and stay in a play off place.

Until such a time,i think your optimism is misplaced.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Watto said:

I walked out at 4-0 , there was around 25 mins left to play , went to a pub 5 mins walk away which was already full of Wednesday fans , the performance and result was unacceptable.

Listening to a minority of fans singing when we were 4 down didn't fill me with pride etc, I've never actually got this , it's just bravado and fans that are mainly younger and had loads to drink , yes you could say it's supporting your team but it NEVER  makes a jot of difference on the pitch so I never see the point tbh .

That team doesn't deserve that sort of support and until they show some fight and desire I'll continue to be non responsive in my support.

you did well…we had our HT pint and then left!! 

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Promotion would be nice,however there is little evidence currently that it will be,though i admire your optimism.

We need now to be seeing our team winning their games,and doing so convincingly,go on a run,and enter and stay in a play off place.

Until such a time,i think your optimism is misplaced.

TBH... i am generally a very optimistic person, but it suits me well and I enjoy it that way.

It's  always good to meet some less optimistic people here on Owlstalk to keep my feet on the ground 😀

One of my major worries right now is, if I will be able to get tickets for Wembley

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

Because its been like that forever, fans just trying to keep their sanity, you cant blame them, there has been naff all to cheer about in decades. 

38 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

TBH... i am generally a very optimistic person, but it suits me well and I enjoy it that way.

It's  always good to meet some less optimistic people here on Owlstalk to keep my feet on the ground 😀

One of my major worries right now is, if I will be able to get tickets for Wembley

I wouldn't be worrying about that for a while......

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Asio otus said:

But after spending time and money, why not enjoy yourself when the team is getting hammered. What is the point of getting all morose, life us too short.

Enjoy yourself ? 😃

Fkin ell !!  I hate to see my team getting battered and the last place I wanna be is inside the ground being embarrassed by them.

• Thanks 1