No need to overreact

Sunderland exposed our lack of depth in the back three. It's been good enough against most sides in this league, but clearly Sunderland are stronger than most. If we haven't got the likes of Hutch, Iorfa, Gibson and Dunkley fit for the second half of the season we are going to need additional recruits. The lack of mental strength last night was also a concern

Not strong enough in either box last night

49 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

your OP suggested that it was “just a blip” and things will be ok…that to me is brushing things under the carpet. 

I’ve never been convinced by Moore, even throughout the last few results and last night for me was just another poo show!! We’re struggling for defenders yet Brennan, albeit a young lad, is sat in the bench. What his thought process behind the Corbeanu situation is mind blowing. 

We've been quite good for the last 10 games or so, so yes at this point, I'd consider it a one game blip 

I'm not a big Moore fan, but if there was a time to sack him, it was after the Oxford debacle

Not after one bad defeat following a 12 game unbeaten run

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

We've been quite good for the last 10 games or so, so yes at this point, I'd consider it a one game blip 

I'm not a big Moore fan, but if there was a time to sack him, it was after the Oxford debacle

didn’t we draw 7 of those 12 games?? That’s been half the issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

How many sides have gone up drawing 10-15 games?? I’d have sooner lost 3 of those and won another 4 rather than racking up ineffective draws. 

yeah I'd have preferred 12 points from those games rather than 7 points too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

Everyone calmed down yet?

Still pretty sure it was a blip last night

If it continues for 5 games, then it's a different story

Come on Nick. A blip would be say a 2-1 or 2-0 defeat. That sort of hammering in that sort of manner, suggests the team still had their feet up and party hats on. They will feel the full wrath on Sunday if they get beat again. The away support will be much closer to the pitch - it may not be pleasant. 

• Like 1

It's a good job most businesses in the world don't operate with some of the mentalities on here. Don't change the manager because we are not sure on who to replace him, or we don't like the process. In other words Darren, you can be crap as you wish, set us with a dreadful shape continually, have one of the worse win ratios in the history of the club, but it's fine, your job is safe as we are worried about who to replace you with.

History is repeating itself with the Monk era under Moore. They play the same formation and we go through games in the same manner. There is the same fragility and there is the same core weakness. There is no spirit and no leadership. At some point, some of our fans have to see this comes from the manager.

Other managers go into other clubs and change everything, despite those clubs being just as dysfunctional at us. It seems at Wednesday every manager whether it's Jos, Monk or Moore, get's the excuse it is the chairman fault. Warnock went to Cardiff under the Tan ownership gets them promoted, Wilder has Boro doing well, Robins has Cov over performing.

As ever we hang onto these managers for too long. Monk unbelievably got the pre season after Brentford debacle and Moore will probably get the next one too, when both at any other club in the football league would have been sacked after the 5-0s.

It is the manner of the defeats. When you lose like we did in those games, managers do not come back. Players are jogging around, not racking mem, shrugging shoulders, pulling out of challenges. Our captain is getting into silly handbag scuffles, which really does summarise the leadership at this club.

Yes the chairman is not great but it should not give the manager a free pass. Other managers achieve results at other clubs under just as difficult chairman. Robins under Sisu has two blood promotions.

Wake up Wednesday fans, stop providing such a nice atmosphere for these dreadful managers. Simple as that.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Tonight was rubbish but I thought we were comfortably the better team for a lot of the first half

Human nature to get wound up and demand change after a result like that, but they happen to all teams every now and again

There has been a huge improvement in our performances these last 15 or so games

Tonight was just a blip

UTO

Absolute rubbish. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Wake up Wednesday fans, stop providing such a nice atmosphere for these dreadful managers. Simple as that.

I think so far..he's proven to be a poor manager.

So the next step is to find a good one.

I would think that will happen anytime soon.

Getting bored of Moore out, we need someone new to want out.

15 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Tonight was rubbish but I thought we were comfortably the better team for a lot of the first half

Human nature to get wound up and demand change after a result like that, but they happen to all teams every now and again

There has been a huge improvement in our performances these last 15 or so games

Tonight was just a blip

UTO

Delusional......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

The same rationale would've seen Megson kept on and us probably not getting promoted.

The only sticking point for me is that I have less confidence in DC finding a suitable replacement than I have in Moore achieving the playoffs. 

And let's be honest about the unbeaten run. It's a bit overrated isn't it? Considering it was littered with a number of poor draws. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

How many sides have gone up drawing 10-15 games?? I’d have sooner lost 3 of those and won another 4 rather than racking up ineffective draws. 

This myth just refuses to die. I've been taking people to task about it for years now. There is essentially no correlation between draws and league position whatsoever. The table is put together from points accrued, not how many draws you have.

But in answer to your specific question, if you look at this division this very season at the midway point, the teams on top and bottom have exactly the same number of draws. and only 5 teams are NOT on course for double figures of one pointers.

26 minutes ago, bobness said:

The only sticking point for me is that I have less confidence in DC finding a suitable replacement than I have in Moore achieving the playoffs. 

That's quite the sticking point, though!

Whilst the balance of odds tips that way, surely we may as well let Moore get on with the job?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deanamo Wednesday said:

Sunderland exposed our lack of depth in the back three. It's been good enough against most sides in this league, but clearly Sunderland are stronger than most. If we haven't got the likes of Hutch, Iorfa, Gibson and Dunkley fit for the second half of the season we are going to need additional recruits. The lack of mental strength last night was also a concern

Not strong enough in either box last night

Now Middlesbrough have recalled Wing. So that is another player gone.

12 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This myth just refuses to die. I've been taking people to task about it for years now. There is essentially no correlation between draws and league position whatsoever. The table is put together from points accrued, not how many draws you have.

But in answer to your specific question, if you look at this division this very season at the midway point, the teams on top and bottom have exactly the same number of draws. and only 5 teams are NOT on course for double figures of one pointers.

draws are part and parcel of football…however drawing 7 out of out 12 games in our unbeaten run is damaging!! What does 12 unbeaten mean if they’re not wins?? 

points gain promotion not unbeaten runs accumulating draw after draws and I would have sooner lost a couple and won a couple to gain the extra points. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

draws are part and parcel of football…however drawing 7 out of out 12 games in our unbeaten run is damaging!! What does 12 unbeaten mean if they’re not wins?? 

points gain promotion not unbeaten runs accumulating draw after draws and I would have sooner lost a couple and won a couple to gain the extra points. 

Okay I'll bite, how the hell is 7 draws and 5 wins, from 12 games damaging? That would give 84 points over a season.

I'll make the same point again

You sack Moore after the Oxford game, or the few games preceding it, when we were playing crap and results too, were crap

You don't sack a manager after a bad defeat following a 12 game unbeaten run, where performances have drastically improved

11 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Okay I'll bite, how the hell is 7 draws and 5 wins, from 12 games damaging? That would give 84 points over a season.

I'll make the same point again

You sack Moore after the Oxford game, or the few games preceding it, when we were playing crap and results too, were crap

You don't sack a manager after a bad defeat following a 12 game unbeaten run, where performances have drastically improved

is your 84 points total based on us going a full season unbeaten?? If so it’s acceptable and I’d take that any day if the week but sadly that won’t happen. 

my point been, we have already drawn 10 games going into the new year…we haven’t got much more margin for error and getting turned over 5-0 is a pretty serious result. The draws/points dropped have killed us and will continue to do so hence why I’m standing by my comments. I’d rather see us lose 2-1 going for the winner from time to time instead of picking up a point. 

Ive never written “moore should be sacked” in this conversation…I’m not quite sure what that has to do with my comments?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

is your 84 points total based on us going a full season unbeaten?? If so it’s acceptable and I’d take that any day if the week but sadly that won’t happen. 

my point been, we have already drawn 10 games going into the new year…we haven’t got much more margin for error and getting turned over 5-0 is a pretty serious result. The draws/points dropped have killed us and will continue to do so hence why I’m standing by my comments. I’d rather see us lose 2-1 going for the winner from time to time instead of picking up a point. 

Ive never written “moore should be sacked” in this conversation…I’m not quite sure what that has to do with my comments?? 

The Moore out bit wasn't solely aimed at you, it was towards a lot of the responses in general, I should have specified this. But it does outline why I think we need more patience now.

Your logic on the draws is completely flawed. Yes 84 points is based on a full season, because we're analysing a 12 game period where we achieved 7 draws and 5 wins.

You can't then pick out the draws from that period and say we should have gone for it in those games because a combination of style change & potential confidence impact is we lose would have had a knock on impact in the next game.

5 wins and 7 draws from 12 games is impressive, especially with an improvement in our play - so after achieving this I'm willing to give our players the benefit of the doubt after one awful display.