No need to overreact

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

I've always been fascinated by the psychology of someone who would rather dismiss documented and incontrovertible fact in exchange for ignorance, profanity and dishonesty, presumably because it hurts just too much to acknowledge they might have been in error.

The world today in microcosm. :dry:

Thanks for proving my point.

9 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Thanks for proving my point.

I was rather obviously mocking your reply, so that was kind of the point. But regardless of your fist shaking, the argument regarding draws and league position remains as fine dust in the breeze.

Happy New Year.

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I was rather obviously mocking your reply, so that was kind of the point. But regardless of your fist shaking, the argument regarding draws and league position remains as fine dust in the breeze.

Happy New Year.

My word you can't help yourself.

13 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

didn’t we draw 7 of those 12 games?? That’s been half the issue. 

Exactamondo...this ‘unbeaten run’ nonsense is really triggering me...win one lose one is better than 2 dismal draws....it’s a massive red herring

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bobness said:

Our position in the table doesn't alarm me. Like you said, on paper we're very much in the playoff runnings. It's our ovewhelming lack of fight that concerns me.

Only just noticed this reply for some reason - sorry.

I've questioned our mentality for the past few years - it doesn't seem to matter who the manager is, or how many new faces we add to the squad, our players lack that collective fight and desire which marks out the best teams.

I don't know why. It's baffling. 

You'd hope our more senior players such as Bannan, Hutchinson, and Palmer would be the ones to step up and 'run' the dressing room, but they've all been here throughout the decline, so you have to wonder if they might be part of the problem, perhaps? That's maybe too harsh, but at the very least, they don't seem to be the solution - we've suffered this malaise for too long now.

We certainly seem to have missed the likes of Loovens and Semedo in recent years. Of our current squad, only Dunkley seems like a natural leader who can help raise the game of those around him, which is worrying.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Only just noticed this reply for some reason - sorry.

I've questioned our mentality for the past few years - it doesn't seem to matter who the manager is, or how many new faces we add to the squad, our players lack that collective fight and desire which marks out the best teams.

I don't know why. It's baffling. 

You'd hope our more senior players such as Bannan, Hutchinson, and Palmer would be the ones to step up and 'run' the dressing room, but they've all been here throughout the decline, so you have to wonder if they might be part of the problem, perhaps? That's maybe too harsh, but at the very least, they don't seem to be the solution - we've suffered this malaise for too long now.

We certainly seem to have missed the likes of Loovens and Semedo in recent years. Of our current squad, only Dunkley seems like a natural leader who can help raise the game of those around him, which is worrying.

Very good analysis IMO

I just would add Luongo and Gregory to your list of our current leaders on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

Very good analysis IMO

I just would add Luongo and Gregory to your list of our current leaders on the pitch.

Luongo when he actually gets on the pitch, yes.

Not sure on Gregory, to be honest - he's a good striker, but I've not noticed him galvanising those around him and driving them on particularly. I might just need to look a bit closer, though.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Luongo when he actually gets on the pitch, yes.

Not sure on Gregory, to be honest - he's a good striker, but I've not noticed him galvanising those around him and driving them on particularly. I might just need to look a bit closer, though.

Yes, have a look.  I am restricted to Ifollow, so I do not get the full picture.

From what I see on the screen I get the impression, that he is actually motivating the people around him all the time. He applauds good passes and seems to push others on when things get difficult.

But as I said.. I am a very poor judge as I can only go by what the camera supplies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The coach said:

Exactamondo...this ‘unbeaten run’ nonsense is really triggering me...win one lose one is better than 2 dismal draws....it’s a massive red herring

exactly this mate…sadly some on here say it’s a myth though 🤣 the simple fact of the matter is a draw gains you 1 point and a 3 win but some are saying a draw is fine???? 

Yes teams draw games, often 10+ a season but the fact is we’ve already drawn 10…it doesn’t leave much margin for error for the second half of the season!! If we finish 7th/8th by say 5/6 points we can point to a few games that we’ve frustratingly drawn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

36F1B366-8AF8-419B-8191-2FD88BE1DFC1.jpeg.2771834cbcf3e60cd8a3b43697a91eee.jpeg

Last seasons league 1 final table…Sunderland 17 draws and the lowest amount of loses of any of the top 6. If they had drawn 10 games (like the rest of the top 6) and converted say 5 of those draws into wins they would have gone up automatically. Draws cost them promotion!! 

look at the remaining top 6…they all drew a similar amount of games to what we already have with half the season remaining. I’m sorry but these draws need turning into wins. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luke said:

I said after the Sunderland game our fanbase is full of losers with a losers mentality 

The OP confirms it 

i hate the “ah its ok” mentality of some people not just in football but in life…surely we do things to be successful and to win?? 

i don’t want to turn up and watch my team play like they did the other day and get stuffed 5-0!! 

have a bit of pride about things. 

• Thanks 1

I walked out at 4-0 , there was around 25 mins left to play , went to a pub 5 mins walk away which was already full of Wednesday fans , the performance and result was unacceptable.

Listening to a minority of fans singing when we were 4 down didn't fill me with pride etc, I've never actually got this , it's just bravado and fans that are mainly younger and had loads to drink , yes you could say it's supporting your team but it NEVER  makes a jot of difference on the pitch so I never see the point tbh .

That team doesn't deserve that sort of support and until they show some fight and desire I'll continue to be non responsive in my support.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Luke said:

I said after the Sunderland game our fanbase is full of losers with a losers mentality 

The OP confirms it 

So from one post on a forum, you've drawn a conclusion not only on me, but on our entire fanbase

28 minutes ago, Watto said:

I walked out at 4-0 , there was around 25 mins left to play , went to a pub 5 mins walk away which was already full of Wednesday fans , the performance and result was unacceptable.

Listening to a minority of fans singing when we were 4 down didn't fill me with pride etc, I've never actually got this , it's just bravado and fans that are mainly younger and had loads to drink , yes you could say it's supporting your team but it NEVER  makes a jot of difference on the pitch so I never see the point tbh .

That team doesn't deserve that sort of support and until they show some fight and desire I'll continue to be non responsive in my support.

But after spending time and money, why not enjoy yourself when the team is getting hammered. What is the point of getting all morose, life us too short.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The coach said:

Really annoys me too, people lauding not getting beat by the likes of Gillingham, Cheltenham, Wimbledon, Cambridge and Lincoln as some kind of achievement.

To me that's 10 points lost right there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

exactly this mate…sadly some on here say it’s a myth though 🤣 the simple fact of the matter is a draw gains you 1 point and a 3 win but some are saying a draw is fine???? 

Yes teams draw games, often 10+ a season but the fact is we’ve already drawn 10…it doesn’t leave much margin for error for the second half of the season!! If we finish 7th/8th by say 5/6 points we can point to a few games that we’ve frustratingly drawn. 

You're engaging in the transparent method of misrepresenting the other side of the argument because your basic principle was atomised as nonsense and you are unwilling to acknowledge the clarification. The issue is how many games you win or lose, NOT draw as ought to be obvious. To suggest that anyone would prefer fewer points over not losing is just petulance frankly.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The reality is that we're contending for a playoff place, but many on here think that's grounds for the manager to be sacked.

What we expected of the season probably plays quite a large role in how we judge how things are going, doesn't it?

For instance, I thought we'd do well to stay in touch with the top six by the time Windass returned from injury with a view to kicking on once he returned, so I'm okay with where we are, especially given the other injuries we've suffered.

'In touch' with the top six in Division 3  ? While Rotherham sit in an automatic promotion place(again) & WW in a play off place? we supposed to be content and think DM  has done a good job cos we are  now 'only' 5 points adrift of even the play off's?

Yes we have injury's stands to reason doesn't it when you offer contracts to injury prone players,but so do other teams too....

I think we are massively under performing   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1