George Hirst "If we had walked off the pitch with a 4-0 win I don't think anyone would have been surprised"

I think deep down we would all have loved a young Hirst to follow in his Dad’s footsteps. DH was my all time Hillsborough hero and I have great memories of him. Puma boots, Everton away on Boxing Day or New Year’s Day (I think) singing Gary Glitter songs 😳.

Bad advice, greed, too big an ego, DC digging his heels in or doing the right thing, we’ll probably never know?

Be good to see a starting line up of the sons of ex-Wednesday players. They must of course be class. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

I think deep down we would all have loved a young Hirst to follow in his Dad’s footsteps. DH was my all time Hillsborough hero and I have great memories of him. Puma boots, Everton away on Boxing Day or New Year’s Day (I think) singing Gary Glitter songs 😳.

Bad advice, greed, too big an ego, DC digging his heels in or doing the right thing, we’ll probably never know?

Be good to see a starting line up of the sons of ex-Wednesday players. They must of course be class. 

Yea but David Hirst was fantastic at 19 when we signed him what a phenomenal player he was. George will make a career in lower league which in itself is a great accomplishment. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

English scoring record:

22yr's old

1 Prem club.

2 EFL clubs

54 1st Team games'

2 goal's

1 assist.

(Both in the 1st division)

Just image we could of had him playing for us and paying up 8k a week for that return!!

Dam! DC seriously cocked up that deal 

• Haha 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

She was crap in bed, are too many crisps, was always on the phone to her mates chatting about makeup when I wanted my tea on the table

So I’m glad she dumped me because I was about to dump her ugly ass 

was she called eileen ?

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

She was crap in bed, are too many crisps, was always on the phone to her mates chatting about makeup when I wanted my tea on the table

So I’m glad she dumped me because I was about to dump her ugly ass 

Erm, wrong thread.lol

• Haha 1

I only managed to watch first half, can't imagine 2nd half was any different. 

They dominated us and I'd probably have the same opinion as GH. 

We need to give praise where it's due. Cowley has done a tremendous job and maybe in a years time, his team will be in a much better place for the investment of minutes in young legs.

The way they controlled the game, meant our only chance was on the counter and we have little pace to do so. Credit to Portsmouth.

• Like 1

I harbor no ill-will against Dad or his Lad, but the Lad is now at the age where he should be making the news based on his performance as a number 9 (?).  Maybe he's not a CF, might do better in a different position.  

If ever there was a great chance to showcase ones' goal-scoring abilities,  it was Tuesday last,  against an ad-hoc Wednesday back 3,  and Luongo getting thrown out of the game with decent time on the clock.

Anyway,  I was kind of hoping that Paterson would give him a reason to dive,  sort of a physical re-education.

It ******** still stings to see him not playing for Wednesday.... he was supposed to be the second coming and hopefully with out a career destroying ankle injury this time... almost like we would finally get what had with His dad.... however as much as I loved his dad he could be a cocky so and so as quality strikers can be so both in and his son probably not falling far from the tree and us not being in the premiership it was inevitable it would all go wrong and we'd feel cheated again..... not to say at the time we were not hopefully WERE not tying down good young players too 😬.....

On 08/12/2021 at 09:22, Lincs Owl said:

If Joe had been in goal, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been 4-0 either.    Let's hope BPF plays like that between now and May.  

TBF Hirst's best chance was hit about as well as that back pass last week

10 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I only managed to watch first half, can't imagine 2nd half was any different. 

They dominated us and I'd probably have the same opinion as GH. 

We need to give praise where it's due. Cowley has done a tremendous job and maybe in a years time, his team will be in a much better place for the investment of minutes in young legs.

The way they controlled the game, meant our only chance was on the counter and we have little pace to do so. Credit to Portsmouth.

They also had recognised defenders in their team.

19 hours ago, dowls said:

Just image we could of had him playing for us and paying up 8k a week for that return!!

£20k and 3yrs

No chance, back DC to the hilt on that one...not fussed how unpopular that may be. He was right, Doyen sports had already stitched him up like a kipper with others.

Hope he said get foooked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, I wish him well.

He looked lively and you can see that he has plenty of ability, strong and runs just like his Dad did.

Who can blame him really for leaving if other clubs were chucking money at him. Be daft not to, football isn't Roy of the Rovers at your home club anymore.

Still needs to prove himself but if he had stayed at Hillsborough, I doubt either he or SWFC would have been much better off.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 12:54, Asio otus said:

Well he certainly hasn't. He cant build a career on his dads name. May do well in league 2 or none league. He just ain't good enough.

I’d say he’s won hands down. If, as reported, he has a 5 year contract at 10k a week he’ll trouser well over a million quid for being below average in his chosen profession. How many of us wouldn’t mind being that kind of loser ? 

• Like 1