Playing Out From the Back

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

not when we look more like conceding every time we do it and don't have the defenders to do so. should only be done if the players are up to it and we're seeing the advantages of it. can't say i've seen it done successfully all season 

Me neither. I've said for a while now, don't try to turn certain players into something they ain't. Let them do what they do best. If you really have to play that way, which I don't think we do, then recruit the ball playing CB's which come at a cost as they don't tend to be available on free transfers.

• Like 2

We are getting the balance much better recently.

Gone is the endless, pointless, danger-filled tippy tippy tappy torture we were put though previously.

Its used still but far less. And we do it more confidently as a result.

• Like 2

Watching Iorfa and Dunkley playing out from the back early on in the season was like watching a car crash, even last Saturday at Stanley Dunkley gave the ball away on his first attempt and that pass was to Luongo 

BPF is a good distributor of the ball so let him do it 

• Like 2

i would rather BPF kick it up the field and then compete for the first and second ball, when we did it last night it worked well, we were winning our fair share and then attacking in their half, decent pressing teams work us out, force the players back to BPF who then ends up kicking in a hurry.

Felt the booing was unnecessary in the first half, and was a bit disappointed to hear it.  

There’s a time and a place to play out from the back and I never thought we looked under pressure when we did it last night. 

Yes the build up was slow but that’s because the opposition were well drilled and sat quite deep. 

• Like 1

The keeper playing goal kicks short to defenders inside their own box is the most ridiculous thing about the modern game. Even the top clubs come unstuck doing it. Would love to know how many teams build an attack and score from this tactic against how many goals are conceded doing it. It's a simple game - get the ball forward and wide and get balls into the box. Don't commit suicide in your own area. It was great to hear the fans boo this when we tried it last night. 

I'm 40 years old and the game has changed massively from the old lump it and compete for the 2nd ball. I don't want to see BPF just hoof it up field. As long as the balance is right then this style of football is the way forward. 

We adapted against Sunderland to a different style and again last night at times went a little more direct. Once we get the players back we will be a decent outfit at this level. 14  new players was always going to take a little time to gel. 

I'm not a happy clapper btw but my patience has grown over the years and i can actually see what Moore is trying to attempt with this bunch.

Stick with it WAWAW  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

the most we play is one pass to a defender, then back to BPF, then boomed up the pitch

True but by then we have three of their players around our box leaving space further up field...we've stopped trying to play like Man City and it's working

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

Its necessary to drag the attackers forward and create space further up the pitch. 

Every team does it.

Except Gillingham.

You Neanderthals need to get over it.

That is total bullsh*t, if you have players like Man City then maybe, dont think anyone has seen a stunning example of how that benefits any side.

• Like 2

Being riddled with a philosophy, lacks common sense 

For example 

Chey Dunkley clearly isn't comfortable playing out from the back. When he's being closed down & hesitates / panics on the ball, let him makes the sensible decision (for him)

The safest way for us to do it, is for Bannan to pick the ball up from the backline ...

But our fanbase loses its sh*t when Bannan.png.ef443b7f1e6292f8b7f9d9cec389e995.png takes responsibility, in that way

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Being riddled with a philosophy, lacks common sense 

For example 

Chey Dunkley clearly isn't comfortable playing out from the back. When he's being closed down & hesitates / panics on the ball, let him makes the sensible decision (for him)

The safest way for us to do it, is for Bannan to pick the ball up from the backline ...

But our fanbase loses its sh*t when Bannan.png.ef443b7f1e6292f8b7f9d9cec389e995.png takes responsibility, in that way

If Luongo can stay fit he’s surely the man to pick up from the defenders. It allows Bannan to get into more attacking positions as he did for that great assist for Windass last night. 
It’s a big if but Luongo is key to the way Moore want his side to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Its necessary to drag the attackers forward and create space further up the pitch. 

Every team does it.

Except Gillingham.

You Neanderthals need to get over it.

Dunkley lost the ball on Saturday at Accrington when it was 0-0 they missed by inches, could have been a totally different outcome, we're not Italy Euro champions and the masters at it