WEDNESDAY -V- GILLINGHAM - OMDT

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

He’s the player who does all the donky work to let the main striker have a bit of space to work. But Paterson isn’t really a striker. If we were playing a less intricate and more direct game he might be ok at this level. But he isn’t going to score many goals that’s for sure. 

Paterson isn't really a footballer - Period.

• Like 1

This is a classic League 1 game. 

Gillingham and Evans will be absolutely creaming themselves at how this is going. They're the latest bottom half team to pull our pants down. Add them to your Morecambe's, Shrewsbury's, Cambridge, Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Lincoln's etc. 

Knowing how soft as poo our teams are under Darren Moore I'd snap your hand off for a point now, I think that's the best we can hope for. 

• Like 3

Well, good to see everyone providing a measured response...

We're the better team, should be winning... unfortunately we've got little going forward and a bit of a soft underbelly at the back. One chance for them, one goal... we need 7 or 8 as a minimum.

Can't understand going for a high line for a deep free kick against a Steve Evans side though, we know they're going to be lumps that will win the first header... why give them 20 yards to flick the ball on to? Should sit deep and let the goalkeeper claim the first ball, or alternatively provide no room for a flicked header to find an onrushing attacker. The second I saw where we'd parked our line I thought we were in trouble from that free kick.

• Like 2