WEDNESDAY -V- GILLINGHAM - OMDT

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He’s a bit like Dave Allen at Chesterfield now. No matter who he gets in they flop. It won’t change until DC himself ******** off and someone who wants to create a winning culture steps in

Thatle be the day. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

It's quite clear some people are just presuming we'll click and turn into this promotion winning team in the 2nd half of the season. 

I didn’t say that. It’s very unlikely we’ll find the manager who’ll be able to turn us around and take us forward long term as long as Chansiri is picking him.

17 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I think the acceptance from our chairman and even more so from our own fans of continual poo results and performances is really depressing.

There is literally zero winning mentality around this club. This league is dogshite, we should be putting teams like them to the sword, and we are miles off the pace. The players and management should be embarrassed. 

TBF I think they are in a very small minority.

Just now, Shezza said:

I didn’t say that. It’s very unlikely we’ll find the manager who’ll be able to turn us around and take us forward long term as long as Chansiri is picking him.

I didn't mean yourself, I was just adding in that people presume he will turn into a manager and team that gets us promoted and it's quite clear he doesn't have the same energy, attitude or connection with the team to produce a winning run in the way the managers you've mentioned could do. 

Gutted about this result!

We HAVE to put teams like this to the sword, especially at home.

Just can't get my head around it.

Imagine being a Gillingham supporter though and having to watch that EVERY week!

The appalling referee just let them get away with relentless time wasting, but you know what to expect from Steve Evans🤬😡

Might have been a different story if the Patterson effort had gone in off the post.

Really missed Gregory today.

Frustrating, to put it very mildly!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes I’ve accepted that whilst Chansiri and Moore are at the club it’s not going anywhere exciting. Unless you call places like Accrington and Crewe exciting 

I think I’ll treat myself to Crewe away next month, what’s wrong with me?

What a frustrating afternoon,  kicking towards kop in first half is never a good sign. Gillingham were there for the taking poor team using shithouse timewasting tactics to rattle us and it worked, and then they scored. Can our ex centre half Manager please work on defending set pieces.

PS F### right off Steve Evans im so glad you have never been the manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 1

Just now, Wee Willie Henderson said:

What a frustrating afternoon,  kicking towards kop in first half is never a good sign. Gillingham were there for the taking poor team using shithouse timewasting tactics to rattle us and it worked, and then they scored. Can our ex centre half Manager please work on defending set pieces.

PS F### right off Steve Evans im so glad you have never been the manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

We can't seriously be using which direction we are playing first half as the reason for us being awful, but I do feel we have got to that point.

Says it all about the mindset of these players.

16 minutes ago, Wee Willie Henderson said:

That's what good managers do.

Management is about getting the best results with what you've got to work with, and Evans had very little.

But he got a point, which is one more than he ought to have got.

If Moore had been managing Gillingham today against us they'd have been hammered.

Unless he was managing both teams at the same time.

lol

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I appreciate your well reasoned response.. Thanks. 

It's a Managers job to set his side up to win. That wasn't a winning side, yet again. There seems little morale in the side.. Not a single time during that game did we look like scoring with any ease. 

Stats, have become a modern day get out. Shots on target mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's the passion and attacking intent of team that just isn't seen these days. Other than the first ten minutes, we were below mediocre. Stats or no stats. 

We must be watching different matches then because if we had a little more quality in the side, we'd have won that match today. 

You have a striker on the pitch that can put the ball back in the net, and that's a different game. 

The team that Moore put out managed 22 shots. What would you do differently to convert those shots into goal? 

We attacked throughout and yet again, our final third let us down. 

As I've said before, with Windass and Gregory in the team, we win that match. 

If results don't pick up when they're back. I'm happy for you to come back to this post and call me out. I'll hold my hands up.

• Like 1