Sack him now

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem is that, historically speaking, Channers doesn't save seasons.

Indeed. Fully expecting him to sack Darren when the season is already a write off. Also no confidence he will improve on his record of appointments. 4 of the last 5 have been diabolical. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Very poor today apart from a 10 minute spell after we scored.

Chansiri won’t be watching the performances though, he’ll check the league table in morning and see we’re still only a few points off the play offs.

Very true, what I’d like to know is what Att is thinking seeing as he’s meant to be a fan of the club.  Probably “yeah dad, we’re still only a few points off the top 6 in the PL after a draw against the mighty Lin-Colon”. 

• Haha 2

No obvious, realistic replacement that I can see.

I've not been impressed with DM last season or this but he has tried to change tactics and personnel,  whereas at one point I didn't think he had more than one way of playing.

I don't quite see it coming together but we aren't losing too many and he has a squad that should get results when other teams might struggle.

He won't get much longer though.

2 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

And save our season. This squad is going to be our best opportunity to get out of this league but it needs the right manager.

Moore is truly awful and has lost the fans many games ago.

Seriously?? grow up..Yeah it’s rubbish but look at the league table. We weren’t that good in 2005 but went up.  Get a grip, have vvank and get a good nights sleep.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Jim said:

FFS there’s still some on here who think we’d still be in the championship if Monk had not been sacked.

Bottom line, recent history tells you there is no guarantee of someone coming in and doing better. I doubt even Ryan Lowe would get this squad firing straight away and I really rate him.

The reason I would give Moore time is Adeniran and Dele-Bashiru are going to be big players for us. Adeniran wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Moore and Moore’s the first manager to really trust FDB.

Also the policy of getting youngsters out on Loan will benefit us in the long term. I think if we stick with Moore we’ll be in a better position in 12-18 months time but he won’t get it because of arguably the hardest fan base to please in the country.

We’re really not, Gregory got a standing ovation today after that abomination of a performance because we’d gone 1-0 5mins previously, we just wanna see a bit of effort and a team that goes out there and plays with no fear

2 hours ago, S6ToBerlin said:

And put who in charge? What does sacking the manager achieve if there's no one any better to replace them?

Hate this logic

Hate it 

It sums up the horrible mentality that has made us the misery of a club we are today.

There are countless managers out there that will get far more out of these players than what DM is doing - many of whom are working with far less talented players than what we have.

DM was a decent shout to hire at the time but time is well and truly up - nothing is going to drastically improve, we are going backwards - it's time to stop this absolute horror show and get a proper manager in.

DC is a stupid man - I won't hear anything else, look what a mess he's made of the club. But not sacking DM now will be one of his stupidest decisions yet, and that's really saying something.

Any fan happy to watch this continue any longer is utterly deluded.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Let's face it, there are a hundred things which can affect a manager's performance at a club, and many are unknown to the fans.

Yes, there are managers who tend to succeed wherever they go, but they'll not come here.

For most clubs it's a trial and error procedure; a manager either clicks or he doesn't.

You try different managers until you find one who does.

Moore clearly hasn't.

But when one does, it's clear to everyone pretty quickly.

Think Dave Jones.

Absolutely no game plan, style of play or identity. We looked disjointed and poor, against a poor Lincoln side 

Relying on Hunt and Brown to provide the width wile leaving proven wingers on the bench is criminal, number of times they had the ball in our half with no outlet is ridiculous

The lack of wingers makes the strikers pull out wide to receive the ball, they then get chastised by the crowd for not holding onto the ball

This squad is perfectly good enough, but not with Moore in charge 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Dire again today but unless there is a realistic alternative then he has to stay in post.

So across all the leagues, in all the countries, you don’t think there’s a realistic alternative? There’s 100s, and don’t ask me to name any because it ain’t my job

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Sacking him would not make much difference. It really wouldn’t.

3 defeats in 14 games and the masses want him out. Yes, things could be better but they could be a lot lot worse, they really could.

I would have GM back tomorrow....(que Jims blood pressure going up...).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom22709 said:

So across all the leagues, in all the countries, you don’t think there’s a realistic alternative? There’s 100s, and don’t ask me to name any because it ain’t my job

That's the point. I don't think the person whose job it is has any idea who would be a better alternative.

I want him to do well. I think the squad he helped assemble is very competitive for this league ( and he was a big part of that) I think it is early days and we do need to give managers time…

BUT

His team selections and set ups are baffling. His substitutions are awful.  He has just played Marvin Johnson at centre half (just repeat that and let it sink in -  I mean that is on a par with when Monk the c*** played Nando at left wing back) 

We are disorganised. We are lacking in attacking intent. We are ponderous and overplay it. We don’t press. We have no energy (Fizz and Dennis honourable exceptions)

At the moment it is a shambles.

I don’t think he is the one to turn this round and there is no evidence (or rational reason)  at all to believe that he can (and plenty to believe he can’t)

So I think he needs to go. And yet I don’t know who we can get in? Unless we know we are getting better we then waste a season with a squad another manager may not want?

Holloway - not for me (except for PR value)

McCarthy - couldn’t buy a win at Cardiff

Ryan Lowe - why would he come here now

Steve Bruce - yeah sure 🤣🤣🤣

Think we could go left field.

Theres only one man for the job 

WEDNESDAY will be playing 4 4 F****** 2

E64A09C5-12CD-4418-ACF5-9727D06E2073.png

Complete and utter garbage today, a poor Lincoln side today and i watch them as much as Wednesday. 

Cant see this team winning we have a nasty habit of throwing things away and yet again did it today. 

I have no confidence in Moore and his team selections. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve mentioned it before but now I really think we have reached the Turner/Sturrock stage.

Moore has assembled (I think) a decent squad for this level but cannot get a tune out of them.

Time to go but no idea where or who our Sturrock is

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I’ve mentioned it before but I really think we have reached the Turner/Sturrock stage.

Moore has assembled (I think) a decent squad for this level but cannot get a tune out of them.

Time to go but no idea where our Sturrock is

Probably at Plymouth, same as last time 😀

• Like 2

We've moved to 352 because Moore needs to play 2 up top.

We are set up for a midfield 3, same as in 4231, but the only way to keep that and have 2 up is to play wingbacks.

We're playing players out of position because we recruited for 4231. 

Our defence was set up for 4231.

Our Midfield is set up for 4231.

We brought in wingers for 4231.

Our striker couldn't score in 4231.

Our striker can score in 352.

So we now play 352.