Sack him now

People also need to realise that regardless of players, a club stuck in a downward spiral, tend to find it hard to break out of it and, start winning again. 

We sound like a set of Pig’s fans who think we’re above this league. We’re competing in league 1 because we’re not good enough for the Championship. We don’t have a divine right to compete and bounce back up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Our kick off though eh ... eh ... eh ... am I right !!? Tactical genius. The opposites must be terrified ... quacking in their boots. It reminds me of ... something magical ... like genius ... something groundbreaking and new ... like this 

...NOW JUST STOP FOOOOOKING DOING IT AND DARREN ...JUST GO. x 

Brilliant stuff.

14 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

How are people seriously talking about rock bottom?

We’re 3 points off the play offs. 

At the end of last season, I’d have snatched your hand off for a play off push. We had an extraordinary amount of players put of contract and, a huge recruitment drive needed in the summer.

Results haven’t been fantastic but, we’re still where we need to be. The only team to really humble us were top of the league Plymouth. We’re not easy to beat but, we just can’t seem to finish teams off. It will come.

Think we need to be careful what we wish for. The grass isn’t always greener and all that. I think Moore deserves the chance to see out the season and let’s go from there.

As soon as a ball is kicked the emotions come flooding back and, the fickle nature of football takes over. I’ll say it again, I can’t remember the forum being alight with 100’s of posters expecting us to bounce back up at the end of last season.

in fact, it was the polar opposite, many expected us to be in a dogfight at the lower end of the table. We’ve settled now, let’s see where we end up. 

Issue is, we are gifting points away and playing pap. This league is crap but we are managing to be worse. Amazing thing is we are still where we are. This rate we will be bottom three or four come Christmas.

• Like 1

I think DM did a fantastic job in assembling what in the main is a very good squad for this division. Top 6 definitely and probably competing for the Top 2.

Unfortunately having acquired all the necessary quality materials he is unable to assemble them....  much like a completely inexperienced person, lacking instructions might fit castors to the top of a flat-pack trolley instead of onto the legs. 

• Like 2

People defending him must be the same people who put the game stats up on the  scoreboard.

Lincoln had zero shots on target in the first half apparently, immediately followed by the first half “highlights” which showed BPF making four saves.

We may be close to the playoffs but we have possibly one of the best three squads in that league and we haven’t outplayed one team this season, not one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Today was screaming out for a back time basics 4-4-2,  plenty of balls into Gregory and let Bannan play further forward 

He over complicates it, and is far far too stubborn to change his system 

There were plenty of balls into Gregory, each one he had his back to goal and each one he lost

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

People defending him must be the same people who put the game stats up on the  scoreboard.

Lincoln had zero shots on target in the first half apparently, immediately followed by the first half “highlights” which showed BPF making four saves.

We may be close to the playoffs but we have possibly one of the best three squads in that league and we haven’t outplayed one team this season, not one.

In a few weeks time it will be “we’re only a couple of wins off the play offs” and so on until the season fizzles out at Christmas. 

DC needs to act now and save this season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

In a few weeks time it will be “we’re only a couple of wins off the play offs” and so on until the season fizzles out at Christmas. 

DC needs to act now and save this season. 

The problem is that, historically speaking, Channers doesn't save seasons.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Charles Clegg said:

I think DM did a fantastic job in assembling what in the main is a very good squad for this division. Top 6 definitely and probably competing for the Top 2.

Unfortunately having acquired all the necessary quality materials he is unable to assemble them....  much like a completely inexperienced person, lacking instructions might fit castors to the top of a flat-pack trolley instead of onto the legs. 

We were here in 2011 with Turner - Sturrock came in and got them over the line. We can't leave this too late.

• Like 3

So here's a story I wrote about the reasons for the formation changes a couple of weeks ago, I think it's still holding up.

So you're Darren Moore.

You start the season with half the team fit, but end up at the top after 4 games, due to your defence.

You have a formation, the new fangled 4231 that everyone's playing now, it's all good.

Your new striker is on 2 goals in 3 games, everything's great.

Then Morecambe. They pack the box. We throw everything at them and lose. Just a blip. No bother. Striker on 2 in 4. Still good.

Plymouth. Boom. Get destroyed. Concede 3, New striker doesn't even get a shot all game. 2 in 5.

Now the whispers start. Lowe would be much better in Sheffield, he's one of us, after all.

Shrewsbury. We start well. Goal from a corner. Bannan pen. Miss. They equalise and it finishes 1-1. Striker, 3 shots, no goal. 2 in 6.

The whispers get louder. It's Shrewsbury! We're the mighty Sheffield Wednesday, we won the cup 30 years ago!

Then Ipswich, 1-1 again. Striker has 1 shot off target. 2 in 7.

The whispers are shouts. We need to change the formation. Our striker can't play this formation. He needs a friend. When he get's service, he's the best in this league. Moore Out!

OK, says Darren, I should really drop him, but he is our top scorer.

Wigan. We play Pato up in the 10 spot. We score 2. Win. Striker has 3 shots! That's 3 times more than he usually gets, and an assist! Told you if he had a friend he'd be good. 2 in 8. He's got to score soon.

Then comes Oxford. 1-2. Back to 4231. Striker goes off at half time, no shots.

Shouts getting louder. 4231 doesn't work. If striker has a friend, we'll score 2, just like Wigan! He's the best striker in the league! Moore Out!

Right then, says Darren. We aren't going to score many, look at the last few games. Let's sort out the back and pack defence. I can't drop our top scorer, can I? Let's give him 2 friends. That should do it. The wingers haven't scored 2 like he has, have they?

Bolton. He's scored! We win. Told you Darren, if you setup our whole team to get the ball to him and give him friends, he'll score. Never mind changing our entire team to revolve around him, we won. Moore In!

Happy days, says Darren. Let's make up some guff about playing to the opposition, and not mention that I was too scared to drop my top scorer, even though he doesn't fit the team or tactics. 

This is an excerpt from my upcoming book "How Gregory tanked Wednesday's promotion chances and was loved for it" available in no good bookshops.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

32% win rate at Hillsbro 

(and he also lost his last 6 games at Donny before joining us) 

Screenshot_20211023_185135_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5260ddda28f602ae77909609e1a15905.jpg

28% in League games which is all we really care about isn't it. 

8 wins from 28 league games. 

Pretty pathetic when you think about it. 

What's Darren's excuse? No points have been deducted, players are paid from what we know, he was backed in the summer and has a better squad than last season many believe, he literally has no excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S6ToBerlin said:

And put who in charge? What does sacking the manager achieve if there's no one any better to replace them?

Theres plenty who would come and get this squad to do better,PW has got 7 points out of 9 with a depleted Rotherham squad,DM Wednesday a run of 7 games in front and losing a lead,and drawn last 3 games...

excuses......

• Thanks 1