Sack him now

2 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

For those that have laughed at this. Did you not think the 20 minute spell where we pressed forward and Adenerin and Bash were making great runs and we had several attacks was poor? I haven’t seen an attacking spell as good as this, granted it didn’t last and we couldn’t get the second goal, but that spell was very good and those that don’t see it are just blinkered by what went on for most of the match.

Absolutely correct , more like 15 minutes though🤔. But why only 15 (or 20) minutes. Give Dele and Dennis freedom to drive forward and play Corbeanu and Moore might just, just hang on to his job.

Anyway, you OK mate?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim said:

FFS there’s still some on here who think we’d still be in the championship if Monk had not been sacked.

Bottom line, recent history tells you there is no guarantee of someone coming in and doing better. I doubt even Ryan Lowe would get this squad firing straight away and I really rate him.

The reason I would give Moore time is Adeniran and Dele-Bashiru are going to be big players for us. Adeniran wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Moore and Moore’s the first manager to really trust FDB.

Also the policy of getting youngsters out on Loan will benefit us in the long term. I think if we stick with Moore we’ll be in a better position in 12-18 months time but he won’t get it because of arguably the hardest fan base to please in the country.

So if there's no guarantee of someone coming in and doing better (your words) why were you constantly demanding Monk was removed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

People defending him must be the same people who put the game stats up on the  scoreboard.

Lincoln had zero shots on target in the first half apparently, immediately followed by the first half “highlights” which showed BPF making four saves.

We may be close to the playoffs but we have possibly one of the best three squads in that league and we haven’t outplayed one team this season, not one.

Hang on mate I've gotta pull you up on that ... we ran rings around Newcastle's 18yr olds :duntmatter: 

20 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

So if there's no guarantee of someone coming in and doing better (your words) why were you constantly demanding Monk was removed?

I wondered how long before someone piped up with this. In all fairness I wanted us to take the gamble to remove Monk. You always hope the next manager will do better. Pulis didn’t but Moore hasn’t been any worse than Monk was. Where he has the edge in my eyes is that I think long term he has a plan certainly with regards the younger players at this club but I can’t be bothered to argue the To$$ about this. Only time will tell whether he’s the right man or not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Get Lowe in, promoted with Bury and Plymouth from League 2 and now has Plymouth top of League 1. Not bad for 3 and a third of a season in management.

Good shout, but it might be worth recalling that Plymouth finished 18th last season. Yes, they'd just come up, so surviving at all was great for them. But they took just 8 points from their last 15 games, including one spell of 1 from 6 (F 3, A 19). They also finished with one of the worst goals against totals in the league. I can almost guarantee that if a Wednesday manager had been in a similar situation, some fans would have been asking questions about whether he was up to it, worrying that we'd been 'found out', etc. As for Moore, I do wonder what has turned him into such a cautious manager - I'm guessing he wasn't like that at Donny.

Edited by Sova

47 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Absolutely correct , more like 15 minutes though🤔. But why only 15 (or 20) minutes. Give Dele and Dennis freedom to drive forward and play Corbeanu and Moore might just, just hang on to his job.

Anyway, you OK mate?

I’ve sent you a pm 👍

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

For those that have laughed at this. Did you not think the 20 minute spell where we pressed forward and Adenerin and Bash were making great runs and we had several attacks was poor? I haven’t seen an attacking spell as good as this, granted it didn’t last and we couldn’t get the second goal, but that spell was very good and those that don’t see it are just blinkered by what went on for most of the match.

20 minutes of a home game against a team that don't keep clean sheets. We were much better than that at the start of the Fleetwood game and after we scored against Donny. We were also better for longer spells against Wimbledon.

That fantastic spell of football brought us no further shots on target and it came after we scored much against the run of play.

Clutching at straws. 

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

I wondered how long before someone piped up with this. In all fairness I wanted us to take the gamble to remove Monk. You always hope the next manager will do better. Pulis didn’t but Moore hasn’t been any worse than Monk was. Where he has the edge in my eyes is that I think long term he has a plan certainly with regards the younger players at this club but I can’t be bothered to argue the To$$ about this. Only time will tell whether he’s the right man or not?

His record is similar to Monk but in a lower division ... yet you want to keep him?

Many want us to take the gamble to remove Moore.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pastor Kidneys said:

His record is similar to Monk but in a lower division ... yet you want to keep him?

Many want us to take the gamble to remove Moore.

Read my post again and you’ll realise I want to stick with Moore because eventually IMO we’ll have that young hungry team everyone supposedly craves?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

I watched on ifollow so can’t comment. However I listened to Praise or grumble and 100% of the calls were Moore out. 

Good

Need to keep banging the out drum, before the season is dead in the water which will happen in the next 4 or 5 games I’m afraid 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't disagree with this statement

Quite right to disagree with the statement, to lose a few fans today would mean he had the support of a few to begin with.

He's shown no evidence of being a good manager or coach for that matter. Promotion chances are disappearing down the plughole with every passing game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moore should get the season. 

But it’s becoming increasingly difficult to back him and his daft formations. It’s like you just want to shake him and tell him to play players in the right positions and in the right areas.

I wasn’t overly keen when we brought him in, not the best record. But he recruited well in the summer. I don’t like this constant sacking of managers, it’s got us nowhere last season and for once I think the club just needs stability. But the argument for Moore to be that man to bring stability is getting weaker and weaker the more he makes these mind boggling tactical decisions.