Sack him now

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Read my post again and you’ll realise I want to stick with Moore because eventually IMO we’ll have that young hungry team everyone supposedly craves?

I don't need to read it twice ... you can't justify why you want one manager sacked and want to keep the other when their records are both as sh*te as each other. I agreed with you on Monk because he was garbage & needed removing.

So you're willing to give Moore god knows how many seasons because he may/may not develop a few youngsters?

In the meantime we'll just flounder in Lg1 against the likes of Morecambe & Shrewsbury ... I'll bet DC is delighted with that prospect.

And BTW, the recent youngsters we developed have been moved on for a pittance so what makes you think DC will not do it again?

We don't have time on our hands to wait around for youth development ... we need to get outta this league in one hit.

I'd have more respect for your view @Jimif you were consistent.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

20 minutes of a home game against a team that don't keep clean sheets. We were much better than that at the start of the Fleetwood game and after we scored against Donny. We were also better for longer spells against Wimbledon.

That fantastic spell of football brought us no further shots on target and it came after we scored much against the run of play.

Clutching at straws. 

I disagree about the Fleetwood comment, it was comparable to the Donny game in the spell you mentioned. I’m not clutching at straws or defending the performance as a whole, but we looked very good for 15-20 minutes with attacking intent. We actually went looking to kill the game off, which we haven’t done in a lot of games. Lincoln were rubbish and were there for the taking, sadly we couldn’t capitalise.

3 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Funny thing is none of us on hear are football managers but will have seen 0000's of Wednesday games. We can see that the slow ponderous defensive minded tactics just don't work. Why can't Darren. I like many are scratching out heads trying to work out what they are.

The 1st half was as bad as I have seen in recent years, players look clueless as ic they are scared to attack.

It's a simple game just score goals by progressing the ball forward. 

DC you need to make the change, if you are undecided just listen to the post match interview..

We have played worse than what we did in the first half today this season.

Edited by sexpistol

He keeps talking about playing 'front foot football' but there is absolutely zero evidence of that in any performance so far in his tenure. 

We have some decent looking attacking players, none of which have been given anywhere near enough playing time in their favoured positions in a system that suits them.

To me, he'd be great for some kind of head of recruitment/youth development role but as a manager/coach he's tactically naive at best, completely inept at worst.

For someone who is supposed to know the division he doesn't half make things difficult for himself and his players with his sometimes  unfathomable team selections, substitutions and tactical decisions, in fact he pretty much fails at every aspect of football club management. 

Pretty impressive really.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, steelerian said:

This act alone speaks everything we need to know.

This alone should be a stackable offence.

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Hes turning us into a complete and utterly joke.

Marvin Johnson at centre back.

What next, Berahino in goal?

Shhh ffs he may read that, don’t give him ideas 

34 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I disagree about the Fleetwood comment, it was comparable to the Donny game in the spell you mentioned. I’m not clutching at straws or defending the performance as a whole, but we looked very good for 15-20 minutes with attacking intent. We actually went looking to kill the game off, which we haven’t done in a lot of games. Lincoln were rubbish and were there for the taking, sadly we couldn’t capitalise.

All opinions I suppose. We actually created genuine chances early on against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury and missed opportunities that would not have made 2 or 3 nil flattering in the first 30 minutes of both games.

You are right than Lincoln weren't good at all, which makes it even more concerning that it is difficult to deny they deserved a point. 

Its that thing you try to explain but never find the words.

There seems to be a real moody vibe about the club at the moment. We seem to limp from disaster to disaster.

I don't think it's over dramatic to say so either.

Crying out for some feel good Saturday nights aren't we?

Here's to all the owls, 

Keep the spirits up!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

You are very wrong.

Most fans at the game are fed up with him, absolutely fed up of the inane tactics, inability to pick the right players for the right position, inability to keep a lead, the lack of any kind of desire or self belief.

Getting bullied by tiny clubs, week in, week out - both physically and mentally.

We are getting out thought every game, out played every game, the opposition always presses the game far more than we do, always seems fitter and stronger.

It's absolute bullshit and it comes from one man who wants this side to play in a manner he did not have the ability to do so himself.

How can he coach what he didn't have the ability to do himself?   He's a fraud, and dare I say it - he's probably only in the game as a manager for one single reason, but it's not politically correct to mention that.

I didn't know he was transgender.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Moore should get the season. 

But it’s becoming increasingly difficult to back him and his daft formations. It’s like you just want to shake him and tell him to play players in the right positions and in the right areas.

I wasn’t overly keen when we brought him in, not the best record. But he recruited well in the summer. I don’t like this constant sacking of managers, it’s got us nowhere last season and for once I think the club just needs stability. But the argument for Moore to be that man to bring stability is getting weaker and weaker the more he makes these mind boggling tactical decisions. 

Just wondering why you think he should get the whole season Sal? There are no signs of improvement at all, so what’s the point. Quite a few on here were pointing out Cook's bad start at Ipswich, but having brought in a complete new squad same as Moore has, there are now very obvious signs of progress and they are climbing the table. I will be at their game at Argyle next Saturday and expect it to be close. 

If we give DM the rest of the season, that’s us saying we accept that we won’t be getting out of this league this season, whether by automatic promotion or via the play offs. If DC pulls the trigger now, or next weekend if we lose to Cheltenham, then we would still have an excellent chance if someone comes in who actually knows what they’re doing, which clearly Moore doesn't. 

Who knows if Lowe would take the job? He has however gone on record as saying he has unfinished business here. He probably knows that Argyle will do well to finish up in the play offs with their small squad. He still lives in the north and would obviously get a huge pay rise to come here. Let’s hope some feelers are already being put out to him or someone else like Warne, who would clearly do a better job than the (sad to say) hapless Darren Moore. 

• Like 3

There are many different ways of playing in many different sports, but successful teams who're likely to gain promotion tend to have common features.

A tactically-aware manager who's able to outwit his opposite number.

Organization and structure, a whole greater than its constituent parts.

Fighting spirit.

Pomp.

They get the basics right.

They eradicate as many errors from their game as possible (especially in rugby).

Sound defensively.

And in football they don't have goalies who drop clangers on a match-to-match basis.

Analysing that list, it's difficult to make a case for our being promoted this season.

• Like 1

DM cocking around bringing Corbeanu on, or not, depending on Lincoln’s substitution…smacks of s.hitting himself…against Lincoln City…bottom half of the division.

Corbeanu should be on from the start.

Just unbelievably poor.

Decent player but he is not a manager - no way.

I have absolutely no faith that the next stooge Chansiri picks will be any better because he does know what the f.ook he is doing either…

• Like 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
8 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

And save our season. This squad is going to be our best opportunity to get out of this league but it needs the right manager.

Moore is truly awful and has lost the fans many games ago.

I’m alright mate, speak for yourself 

Darren Moore’s Barmy Army 

So it looks like DM will fail to reach any specified target as set out by our owner. For whatever reasons there may have been, at my last count, DM would likely be the sixth manager brought in by DC who doesn't reach the set target. All six after Stuart Gray was relieved of his duties. Don't know if I am wrong but there seems to be a trend forming....

Guest LondonOwl313
19 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

So it looks like DM will fail to reach any specified target as set out by our owner. For whatever reasons there may have been, at my last count, DM would likely be the sixth manager brought in by DC who doesn't reach the set target. All six after Stuart Gray was relieved of his duties. Don't know if I am wrong but there seems to be a trend forming....

2/6 did ok.. Carlos didn’t win the play offs but he got us there and we were one of the best sides in the league under him. We just didn’t quite have the resources to go for automatics.. and then we lost in the play off lottery. That should be a lesson for this season because we should be targeting automatics with play offs as the fallback but it seems some are happy for us to just get top 6 even though it’s a lottery.

Bruce lost only 4 out of 20 games here and we looked fairly effective under him.. then he left. Pretty sure we’d have got close to the play offs in 2019/20 under him.

Jos had a rough ride with injuries then made bizarre decisions and was out of his depth culturally and tactically. Monk showed he’s rubbish living off 1 season at Swansea.

Pulis didn’t have long enough but was awful. Moore was a left field appointment that’s not worked.

7 hours ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

I don't need to read it twice ... you can't justify why you want one manager sacked and want to keep the other when their records are both as sh*te as each other. I agreed with you on Monk because he was garbage & needed removing.

So you're willing to give Moore god knows how many seasons because he may/may not develop a few youngsters?

In the meantime we'll just flounder in Lg1 against the likes of Morecambe & Shrewsbury ... I'll bet DC is delighted with that prospect.

And BTW, the recent youngsters we developed have been moved on for a pittance so what makes you think DC will not do it again?

We don't have time on our hands to wait around for youth development ... we need to get outta this league in one hit.

I'd have more respect for your view @Jimif you were consistent.

Consistent?

Right everyone and their auntie knows my views on Monk.

So because Moore’s record is supposedly as sh!te as Monk’s I should be in the Moore Out camp. It doesn’t always work out like that.

We’ve floundered as club for far too long never mind floundering this season. There is a culture at this club that needs sorting and it won’t be sorted overnight.

Our Academy needs sorting. We’ve been the poor relations in this area for too long. We’ve got a manager who has a good solid background in youth football and given time he will sort it out but because DC might continue to make the same mistakes of the past, we shouldn’t bother addressing this? If you have that attitude then you’ll never change things

But you’ll come back at me with the first teams the be and end all and he deserves the sack on the current situation alone. Your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

History tells you the first season at this level is invariably up and down because the players we have and recruit don’t have the experience of it. History’s repeating itself yet again. Should we have recruited differently with players who already knew the level? Maybe. Is this Moore’s fault? Maybe. But a lot on here were to$$ing themselves off at the start of the season with the recruitment.

My opinion is if we sack Moore, he’ll go somewhere else and build a successful club and the experts on here who currently want him out will be ‘oh we should’ve given him more time’

I don’t think any Manager is going to get us promoted this season so I think we may as well stick with Moore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5