Sack him now

17 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Not good enough. Players need to look at themselves as well as our pee poor manager.

Im not one for defending players to the hilt, but it's impossible to get any connection with team mates when your manager is making 7/8 changes every match day 11. As a player I always needed to work up a rhythm, get into the groove so to speak to hit top form. When your in and out all the time its impossible. 

I'll always remember working away for a few weeks and getting picked on the Saturday, we'd been going over new moves and set pieces. I had no idea what was going on and found myself getting in the way or making the wrong run for the move. DM Is making the players look worse as 80% of the time they don't look like they've a clue where they're supposed to be or what runs to make. Forme it's all down to DMs bad team management. 

I would imagine that there’s a chance he has lost, or is losing the dressing room by now. Not in that the players dislike him or anything like that, but that they must have lost a lot of confidence and respect in his ability as a manager and coach. 

I'm not for one minute suggesting that us fans are a reflection of the way the players are thinking, but certainly if it looks a shambles on the pitch to us, then those players probably feel they are part of that shambles. People playing out of position, strange substitutions, negative tactics even at home etc. 

The players also see his terrible efforts in front of the camera when addressing the media pre and post match and compare that to other managers such as Warne and Lowe who are not only good at the technical and practical side of management/coaching, but also show the club in a positive light in said media. 

I feel sure that DC at least either watches all of this or is briefed in detail as to what’s going on and his trigger finger must be getting itchy as a result. If it doesn’t happen this week, there is a real risk that it will if we are defeated at Cheltenham, who can be confident that if they score first, they won’t lose. 

All Wednesday supporters, including those who turned out in big numbers again yesterday,  deserve better, much better than this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, parajack said:

GM didnt live off one season at Swansea,he did well at Leeds and was offered a further contract which he declined.

He than kept Birmingham in the Championship,after a hefty EFL points deduction,and continued here with the Job that Jos started,in tackling the alleged problem culture within the Club.

He had injuriys to cope with(Fletcher) a Covid 19 lay off,contracts ending,players refusing to sign extensions....

Yet there is not a single doubt in my mind that had he remained and been backed,rather than having to manage knowing the sack was imminent,he would have kept us up......

He had Leeds in the play offs then fell apart and finished 7th. Sounds quite familiar but it was even worse here

Birmingham were mid table pre deduction and in no danger of going down after the deduction.. which is just as well because in true Monk fashion their end to the season was poor

Those things he had to cope with affected pretty much every club not just us. He was a very poor manager which is why he’ll never work at that level again 

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He had Leeds in the play offs then fell apart and finished 7th. Sounds quite familiar but it was even worse here

Birmingham were mid table pre deduction and in no danger of going down after the deduction.. which is just as well because in true Monk fashion their end to the season was poor

Those things he had to cope with affected pretty much every club not just us. He was a very poor manager which is why he’ll never work at that level again 

Being mid table is neither here nor there they still had to battle,win games and harvest enough points to stay up on merit,you are entitled to your view,but so are the Leeds Board who offered GM a further contract which he turned down..

Gm is a Millionaire and doesnt have to work at this,or any other level again,however it wouldnt surprise me to see him turn up in the Championship again

23 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Just like form is temporary and class is permanent, a ‘team’ is temporary and a ‘club’ is permanent (including the size).

completely correct, sadly don’t think any manager would want to manage us with chansiri is chairman

• Like 2