Sack him now

5 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Darren Moore is a poor manager, basically useless in every department of managership. Get rid .

This may be true, but it depends on the replacement and I wouldn't trust Chansiri to be able to replace a lightbulb correctly.

We are literally going backwards and every sacking seemingly takes us back another step because we never get the best manager available, we get the 8th best available.

One day us fans are going to have to either a) suck it up and accept a rebuild of a season or two, or b) accept with constant replacements we have a tendency to do exactly what we are trying to avoid, oh and he also needs a new squad and time to gel etc.  Take your pick, neither guaranteed to bring us success,.

I never rated Moore, I still don't understand his hiring, and I'm seeing right through this "knows the league" and "players want to play for him" cliché driven nonsense.  But we are where we are.

We won't get Lowe, we won't get Wilder.   We will get a 3rd or 4th division manager with several years experience of being a 3rd or 4th division manager.

• Like 1

I believe in positive football.  Going out onto the pitch with the mindset of attacking and winning games.  

It is getting hard to take when we play so negatively trying to defend a lead etc and seem to worry about what the opposition may do to us. DM or whoever need to find their balls and stop paying other teams so much respect.  I’m getting angry now!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

And save our season. This squad is going to be our best opportunity to get out of this league but it needs the right manager.

Moore is truly awful and has lost the fans many games ago.

Not read the whole thread but 93 positive reactions for your post versus 3 laughing smilies (are they down votes?) says it all really and I wholeheartedly agree he should go. 

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

This may be true, but it depends on the replacement and I wouldn't trust Chansiri to be able to replace a lightbulb correctly.

We are literally going backwards and every sacking seemingly takes us back another step because we never get the best manager available, we get the 8th best available.

One day us fans are going to have to either a) suck it up and accept a rebuild of a season or two, or b) accept with constant replacements we have a tendency to do exactly what we are trying to avoid, oh and he also needs a new squad and time to gel etc.  Take your pick, neither guaranteed to bring us success,.

I never rated Moore, I still don't understand his hiring, and I'm seeing right through this "knows the league" and "players want to play for him" cliché driven nonsense.  But we are where we are.

We won't get Lowe, we won't get Wilder.   We will get a 3rd or 4th division manager with several years experience of being a 3rd or 4th division manager.

Well, that’s what Lowe has that’s all. Several years experience of being a 3rd or 4th division manager. He is a confident individual. He will think he can get this squad of players firing on all cylinders and it’s a job he has coveted.

He also knows that it’s likely that Argyle will fall  back when injuries take their toll and form inevitably drops. There’s a good chance he would come if offered the chance, there’s only one way to find out DC. Just depends if the latter wants to pay out comp. so soon after paying for Moore and his crew. 

Early days still so not in favour of firing the manager.  We are not playing with confidence out on the pitch again which is the same as the last few seasons.  The legacy of what was probably the worst season in our history last season is still there in the boots of the players.  It will take a while to shake out.

We clearly miss 3 of the better players we have - Luongo, Hutchinson and Windass- hugely. The latter is a fast and hard working attacker in a different league to the average Gregory and , by the looks of it sadly, the busted Berahino. I am no fan of Hutchinson but I will certainly admit that at centre half in this league he is excellent.

I do think with Windass back this team really improves. If one of the goalies finds form on top of that i see us turning these draws Into wins and making progress up the table.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Early days still so not in favour of firing the manager.  We are not playing with confidence out on the pitch again which is the same as the last few seasons.  The legacy of what was probably the worst season in our history last season is still there in the boots of the players.  It will take a while to shake out.

We clearly miss 3 of the better players we have - Luongo, Hutchinson and Windass- hugely. The latter is a fast and hard working attacker in a different league to the average Gregory and , by the looks of it sadly, the busted Berahino. I am no fan of Hutchinson but I will certainly admit that at centre half in this league he is excellent.

I do think with Windass back this team really improves. If one of the goalies finds form on top of that i see us turning these draws Into wins and making progress up the table.

Those are all good points and I hope you are right. I agree (if motivated) Windass will be a huge lift upfront and Hutch at CB strengthens us.

Fingers crossed this is growing pains but DM is making it difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment 

I don’t believe in this give him time and needing an extended period to “gel” “settle in” what ever you want to call it.

Different managers click with different clubs, some will progress, some will stagnate and some will take you backwards, looking highly likely DM is taking us backwards to the level of a mid table team in league one.

If and when the next manager comes in, it might be the same, and then the same after that, truth is you have to find the manager that fits the club…. And when you do that and do well, a bigger club usually swoops in and takes him off your hands. 

DM is taking/has took us to a level he is capable of, he’s a top end league 2 or mid table league 1 manager at best. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

2/6 did ok.. Carlos didn’t win the play offs but he got us there and we were one of the best sides in the league under him. We just didn’t quite have the resources to go for automatics.. and then we lost in the play off lottery. That should be a lesson for this season because we should be targeting automatics with play offs as the fallback but it seems some are happy for us to just get top 6 even though it’s a lottery.

Bruce lost only 4 out of 20 games here and we looked fairly effective under him.. then he left. Pretty sure we’d have got close to the play offs in 2019/20 under him.

Jos had a rough ride with injuries then made bizarre decisions and was out of his depth culturally and tactically. Monk showed he’s rubbish living off 1 season at Swansea.

Pulis didn’t have long enough but was awful. Moore was a left field appointment that’s not worked.

GM didnt live off one season at Swansea,he did well at Leeds and was offered a further contract which he declined.

He than kept Birmingham in the Championship,after a hefty EFL points deduction,and continued here with the Job that Jos started,in tackling the alleged problem culture within the Club.

He had injuriys to cope with(Fletcher) a Covid 19 lay off,contracts ending,players refusing to sign extensions....

Yet there is not a single doubt in my mind that had he remained and been backed,rather than having to manage knowing the sack was imminent,he would have kept us up......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I don’t think any Manager is going to get us promoted this season so I think we may as well stick with Moore

Well with 32 matches to go you're saying our players are not up to it no matter who was in charge, I disagree.

That you think this is a reason to keep Moore for the season, given the dire football on offer, defies belief. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Early days? A third of the season has gone, can you honestly say you have seen progress on the pitch?

The other points in the paragraph could equally be applied to Wigan, yet they have done much better, you have to question why?

I accept the point about Windass, but Moore had virtually a clean slate to put together a squad, to date he hasn't delivered. 

IMO he isn't the man for the job.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well with 32 matches to go you're saying our players are not up to it no matter who was in charge, I disagree.

That you think this is a reason to keep Moore for the season, given the dire football on offer, defies belief. 

Indeed,  I find it hard to agree with those who think there’s 6 clubs in this league with a better squad of players than ours, who would therefore deny us the chance of promotion this season as they are saying.  

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Consistent?

Right everyone and their auntie knows my views on Monk.

So because Moore’s record is supposedly as sh!te as Monk’s I should be in the Moore Out camp. It doesn’t always work out like that.

We’ve floundered as club for far too long never mind floundering this season. There is a culture at this club that needs sorting and it won’t be sorted overnight.

Our Academy needs sorting. We’ve been the poor relations in this area for too long. We’ve got a manager who has a good solid background in youth football and given time he will sort it out but because DC might continue to make the same mistakes of the past, we shouldn’t bother addressing this? If you have that attitude then you’ll never change things

But you’ll come back at me with the first teams the be and end all and he deserves the sack on the current situation alone. Your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

History tells you the first season at this level is invariably up and down because the players we have and recruit don’t have the experience of it. History’s repeating itself yet again. Should we have recruited differently with players who already knew the level? Maybe. Is this Moore’s fault? Maybe. But a lot on here were to$$ing themselves off at the start of the season with the recruitment.

My opinion is if we sack Moore, he’ll go somewhere else and build a successful club and the experts on here who currently want him out will be ‘oh we should’ve given him more time’

I don’t think any Manager is going to get us promoted this season so I think we may as well stick with Moore. 

Problem is I think we have signed players on the basis of promotion this time ?,  Having seen two contracts there is a huge step up in salaries next year. If we dont go up this year our so called better players will have to be sold otherwise the budget will be well and truly screwed.

I agree with you people need time, but Moore who has experience of this division seems to me to think we can simply outclass side with the so called quality of our players and outplay them by possession football.  That is grossly misplaced. There isnt enough tempo, or aggression, in our play, we are too laid back.  

IF we play at a higher tempo with more energy and aggression , I think we have enough to mount a promotion push, Moore needs a left back , pick a settled side with a back four. play two up front , figure out his best 11 and stop chopping and changing.

Been for a walk and listened to Praise or Grumble. I think all the callers (bar the last one who was a pissed United fan who’d been fishing and was in a philosophical mood) were Wednesday fans who been to the game.  They were totally unanimous in the opinion that he has to go. His interview was the usual gibberish where he repeats the same word or phrase for a minute or so. Even Giddings stopped him waffling at one point and said ‘Darren, it’s October’. In the end he seemed to think we were up against it and at least we got a point. He actually said as well that we went for a second goal instead of sitting back. 

lol

Edited by BIG D
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Broadly agree, but shouldn't be forgotten that Moore was part of last year's relegation. By no means the cause, but involved to some degree under difficult personal circumstances.

There were legitimate questions about urgency, in the heat of a relegation scrap, still pragmatic in approach and very few 'must win' games, until the last one, was the message from the club. 

That approach has carried forward into this season, overly fearful of average opposition, trying to be too clever tactically for the sake of it, asking players to adapt to unfamiliar roles. All contributes to players being less confident on the pitch, not able to express themselves and easy to retreat into their shells, playing pedestrian backwards football, which then creates panic when there is no further backwards to go, before turning over possession 

Players missing is an issue, but comparative team sheets against every opposition so far this season demonstrates the strength of our squad, so don't buy that excuse.

Off the pitch, Moore has done and  excellent job, but on it poor. No identity, boring inconsistent football and below expectation points return. 

It's not really that early in the season, almost a third of the way in, the gap although not insurmountable to the top 6 increase after every game. The trend is downwards and the team regressing under crumbling confidence. 

Moore needs to change his approach, fundamentally disagree with the adapting to the opposition approach, especially in  this league. Stop being pragmatic, stop trying to be too clever....players in their natural positions, go and try to score goals from minute 1 

Don't forget, most weeks we have a full week on the training ground between games. Stop ******** about trying to make a LB into a striker or a RB into a CB, let's concentrate on making our players better in their own positions, rather than trying to make them adaptible by moving them round the pitch. 

I'd rather see Moore succeed than change manager, but this isn't good enough and can't see what the bigger picture is he is trying to achieve, there is no clear pathway to an identity on the pitch, just a mix and match approach which is failing and not sustainable long term. 

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I’m basing my opinion on recent history but if you think a new manager will get us promoted this season then bully for you?

You better get Chansiri’s private number and tell him who because it’s a racing cert he won’t appoint a manager who’ll do this? 😛

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Consistent?

Right everyone and their auntie knows my views on Monk.

So because Moore’s record is supposedly as sh!te as Monk’s I should be in the Moore Out camp. It doesn’t always work out like that.

We’ve floundered as club for far too long never mind floundering this season. There is a culture at this club that needs sorting and it won’t be sorted overnight.

Our Academy needs sorting. We’ve been the poor relations in this area for too long. We’ve got a manager who has a good solid background in youth football and given time he will sort it out but because DC might continue to make the same mistakes of the past, we shouldn’t bother addressing this? If you have that attitude then you’ll never change things

But you’ll come back at me with the first teams the be and end all and he deserves the sack on the current situation alone. Your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

History tells you the first season at this level is invariably up and down because the players we have and recruit don’t have the experience of it. History’s repeating itself yet again. Should we have recruited differently with players who already knew the level? Maybe. Is this Moore’s fault? Maybe. But a lot on here were to$$ing themselves off at the start of the season with the recruitment.

My opinion is if we sack Moore, he’ll go somewhere else and build a successful club and the experts on here who currently want him out will be ‘oh we should’ve given him more time’

I don’t think any Manager is going to get us promoted this season so I think we may as well stick with Moore. 

Thats not an argument for keeping DM in post Jim,its an argument to move him into our Youth set up and U23s mate,whilst looking for a manager that can get us back into the Championship in one bounce.

This squad in my view,in this division,is capable of that....and that and  nothing less should be our aim....Yes the other things you talk about all need sorting as well,but that can be done as a 'work in progress'...

Once back in the Championship....

• Like 2