Alternatives.

2 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I think Roy Keane.

We need a bit of an edge & he might provide it.

He played against us enough times in the top flight to know there is no way Wednesday should settle for being a middling second division club.

Also as an ex Man Utd Captain DC has probably heard of him & might even listen to him.

He'd be my choice but he will end up at somewhere like derby

• Thanks 1

I’m not convinced by Moore, but we are 7th and I think this team will improve, and we do have more depth than most in this league, which may well tell as the season goes on.

OK, I know I’m looking for positives, but unless there is a credible replacement then we have to stick with the current manager.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

We're such a graveyard for managerial careers that any up and coming young manager with an ounce of common sense will give us a wide berth.

Is that just because we mostly hire crap managers though? Carlos and Bruce have done alright since leaving us… can’t see Monk, Pulis, Jos, etc getting a decent job any time soon though

Another vote (in slight desperation) for Roy Keane from me.  We seem to be the epitome of unprofessional and spineless.  Can’t ever accuse Keane of being either of those things so might as well go for broke and give him a go, assuming he’d be in the slightest bit interested.  As things stand, we’ve found our level and nothing will really improve whilst ever Chansiri runs the show.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

OK, I know I’m looking for positives, but unless there is a credible replacement then we have to stick with the current manager.

^^^^^ This.

We're not in a bad position considering what happened last season. There's room for improvement. And there are no experienced or credible replacements either currently available or who are likely to want the job. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I’m sure Robins would be delighted to leave Coventry 4th place in the Championship to come here… the rest of them are very average managers, just like the one we’ve got

I can categorically tell you that Mark Robins is a none starter so its a waste of time even mentioning him. How do I know, I just do. Trust me on Mark.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I can categorically tell you that Mark Robins is a none starter so its a waste of time even mentioning him. How do I know, I just do. Trust me on Mark.

If he became available I would take him in a heartbeat. But he isn't, and he's certainly not going to jump ship.

The irony is that his name used to be one of those regularly touted in the many 'Next Manager' threads over the years on Owlstalk, only to be dismissed as "not good enough for us".

14 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Steve Bruce will be available next week though! :ph34r:

If anyone entertains him seriously, I will question their sanity.

If he can do a job or not, you don't entertain someone who shat on your club, and he didn't just have a dump, he also had a wee wee then did a tommy tank too.   Probably danced a wee jig as well afterwards.   That after the club had bent over backwards to wait for him.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If he became available I would take him in a heartbeat. But he isn't, and he's certainly not going to jump ship.

The irony is that his name used to be one of those regularly touted in the many 'Next Manager' threads over the years on Owlstalk, only to be dismissed as "not good enough for us".

Yes I know and so would I. Mark doesn't suffer fools and him and our owner just wouldn't fit in a million years. But even so I can tell you it wont happen.

• Thanks 1

I'm not on the bandwagon to call for a change. There are credible alternatives, but the Likes of Robins, Lowe, Warne, for example, all needed time to get their teams playing in the way they do. 

Moore has faults and deserves criticism at times, but despite the result today, performance wise was better and much more attacking. 

We like these other managers because their teams go and try to score goals and win games. That's what we tried to do today, we went looking for the 3rd goal and ultimately should have scored 3 or,4. 

Every team with a high turnover of players needs time, today for the first time saw glimpses of what we're trying to do. We should have been at this point a few games ago IMO, but better later than never.

Most teams currently at the top like Rotherham, Wycombe, Sunderland, Plymouth are all working with a fairly settled squad, management and ethos. 

I've been critical of setting up to counter the opposition and being too pragmatic, that's not what we did today. We set up to attack and win the game. In hindsight a bit of pragmatism could have won the game, but I can't criticise that as I was enjoying us attacking and urging us forward to score more 

If we are brave and persevere with that type of performance, for the first 75 minutes or so in particular, we will win plenty of games.

If however, Moore reverts to tinkering with the team and being negative, I'll be chasing behind the bandwagon, pitchfork in hand wanting to join in. But, from what o saw today, not disheartened, despite the result. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, TheSlicer said:

Roy Keane. 

wouldn’t stand for the half arsd performances these cowards put in. 

21 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I think Roy Keane.

We need a bit of an edge & he might provide it.

He played against us enough times in the top flight to know there is no way Wednesday should settle for being a middling second division club.

Also as an ex Man Utd Captain DC has probably heard of him & might even listen to him.

21 hours ago, matt68owls said:

He'd be my choice but he will end up at somewhere like derby

21 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Another vote (in slight desperation) for Roy Keane from me.  We seem to be the epitome of unprofessional and spineless.  Can’t ever accuse Keane of being either of those things so might as well go for broke and give him a go, assuming he’d be in the slightest bit interested.  As things stand, we’ve found our level and nothing will really improve whilst ever Chansiri runs the show.

Why would Keane have any interest in leaving his comfortable punditry gig for managing a rudderless League One club?

Also, any thoughts on Keane not managed a club for a decade following his sacking by Ipswich in 2011?  Ipswich lost 7 of their last 9 games.

17 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Why would Keane have any interest in leaving his comfortable punditry gig for managing a rudderless League One club?

Also, any thoughts on Keane not managed a club for a decade following his sacking by Ipswich in 2011?  Ipswich lost 7 of their last 9 games.

“I’ve had interviews, I had an interview recently,” Keane told former United teammate, Gary Neville, on a new episode of The Overlap series.

“I spoke to a Championship club about three months ago. It was very casual, it was at my house, a chat with the chairman. And to be fair, he was straight up, he went, ‘Listen, we just want somebody who can come in and win football matches.’

• Like 1