Alternatives.

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Why would Keane have any interest in leaving his comfortable punditry gig for managing a rudderless League One club?

Also, any thoughts on Keane not managed a club for a decade following his sacking by Ipswich in 2011?  Ipswich lost 7 of their last 9 games.

I agree, highly unlikely he would join our rudderless club.  On the off chance he fancied a challenge then I wouldn’t hold his time out of management against him, it’s not like he’s totally out of touch with the game.  I think we both know this won’t happen, but it would be interesting be while it lasted.  Keane is an intelligent man who I believe still has something to offer and always set the highest standards for himself and his team-mates.

I haven’t totally given up hope that Moore can get the team moving in the right direction, but the signs are not promising. Maybe the suggestion of Keane is an over-reaction to some disappointing results, but he just might be the sort of character to sort this club out.  In reality, I fear we are doomed to more seasons of League One mediocrity under Chansiri.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Why would Keane have any interest in leaving his comfortable punditry gig for managing a rudderless League One club?

Also, any thoughts on Keane not managed a club for a decade following his sacking by Ipswich in 2011?  Ipswich lost 7 of their last 9 games.

You watched the interview with Gary Neville. He seems keen to manage and thinks he has a point to prove. He pretty much spells it out he’s looking for a route into management as he thinks he has something to offer. 

• Like 1

Sorry but in my opinion the players that have been brought in aren't up to it, Yes thats Moores team now but they're simply not good enough even for league 1. I haven't seen one that make me feel he's got something about him, Urgo did and we got rid! 

It's poor signings and a manager thats struggling and maybe realised he's brought in some tosh.

Need someone to inspire the team and the fans, lots of names mentioned but none inspire me.

Keane is what we need, a winner. Someone who wouldn't accept mediocrity or be pleased with a good 45 or 70 minutes.

Trouble is he couldn't work with Chansiri and his advisors. The players would probably find it too tough and down tools. He wouldn't come.

Apart from that he would be ideal.

• Like 2

Holloway is a stand off kind of manager, never gets involved in training, he delegates everything just tells the coaches what he wants to be achieved.

Then he rocks up on match day and does the stuff in front of the cameras which he loves, and picks the team, does the talk etc.

I'm not saying it won't work, but when I worked for a company that had a branch in Preston this was the feedback, a lot of the lads travelled to work from Blackpool.

He has had a few gigs since, he may have changed but that was what I was told.

22 hours ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Sorry but in my opinion the players that have been brought in aren't

It's not easy bringing players in for big bucks..never mind for next to nothing.

Even the big name managers have all made big mistakes in the transfer market.

The difference is they can just go and buy someone else...or have one of their 500 fringe / academy players making a breakthrough.

Moore wouldn't really have known what would work and what wouldn't when he brought in 14 players overnight...no one could. But he had to get players in and obviously had to make an educated punt.

I would think now he will know what's needed to improve.

Will he be allowed to bring more players in, in January and maybe shift some out?

Will he be given the time / funds...are we still under embargo..or will be in Jan.

I was firmly in the Moore out a few weeks ago. I've changed my mind, he needs until mid January.

And needs to be within 2-3 pts of play offs max.

Assuming we don't spiral out of control before then.

The same dilemma could arise again in Jan...for instance if we are 3-4pts out of the play offs..

I would think that's a realistic guess.

Then what?

Cross that bridge when and if it happens would be my answer.

Imo it would be a massive needless gamble to get rid now.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Holloway would be an absolute disaster. Also not quite sure what the obsession with Lowe is. Imo he would just be another manager the players would take the pi$$ out off. We need someone with a bit of authority. 

Doesn’t look like the players at Plymouth are taking the pizz does it 

On 17/10/2021 at 19:21, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

And 2 relegations when he steps up a level. Overall win percentage of 34.7%. Nothing like planning for the future …

Maybe Rotherham struggle when they get promoted because their budget and resource is way smaller than most teams at Championship level. Their budget is standard League One so really Warne has them punching above their weight at that level.

What type of manager do you suggest Rotherham should look at in terms of planning for the future, or us for that matter? 

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Holloway would be an absolute disaster. Also not quite sure what the obsession with Lowe is. Imo he would just be another manager the players would take the pi$$ out off. We need someone with a bit of authority. 

Pulis had a reputation for authority........

The attention Lowe gets is probably based on his successful record in the lower leagues.