Alternatives.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe Rotherham struggle when they get promoted because their budget and resource is way smaller than most teams at Championship level. Their budget is standard League One so really Warne has them punching above their weight at that level.

What type of manager do you suggest Rotherham should look at in terms of planning for the future, or us for that matter? 

Who cares who manages Rovrum? Darren Moore manages us. Let’s see what future he can build

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Who cares who manages Rovrum? Darren Moore manages us. Let’s see what future he can build

I was replying to your comments about the Rotherham manager.

My apologies! 

18 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

It's not easy bringing players in for big bucks..never mind for next to nothing.

Even the big name managers have all made big mistakes in the transfer market.

The difference is they can just go and buy someone else...or have one of their 500 fringe / academy players making a breakthrough.

Moore wouldn't really have known what would work and what wouldn't when he brought in 14 players overnight...no one could. But he had to get players in and obviously had to make an educated punt.

I would think now he will know what's needed to improve.

Will he be allowed to bring more players in, in January and maybe shift some out?

Will he be given the time / funds...are we still under embargo..or will be in Jan.

I was firmly in the Moore out a few weeks ago. I've changed my mind, he needs until mid January.

And needs to be within 2-3 pts of play offs max.

Assuming we don't spiral out of control before then.

The same dilemma could arise again in Jan...for instance if we are 3-4pts out of the play offs..

I would think that's a realistic guess.

Then what?

Cross that bridge when and if it happens would be my answer.

Imo it would be a massive needless gamble to get rid now.

Don't disagree one bit but would have expected maybe one or two players for me have said 'he's got promise', 'like the look of him' Wigan turned their team around in the summer I think and look where they are, and I know there's along way to go, so like you we'll wait and see. Happy to give Moore time but how long that depends.

On 17/10/2021 at 19:51, Westfield Owl said:

Why would Keane have any interest in leaving his comfortable punditry gig for managing a rudderless League One club?

Also, any thoughts on Keane not managed a club for a decade following his sacking by Ipswich in 2011?  Ipswich lost 7 of their last 9 games.

Hi, Keane has said on numerous occasions he is very keen to get back in to management & that he understands due to his time away from being head coach he would be looking at L1/lower championship club.

As for his 10 years from being a head coach, it doesn’t bother me too much, he was a very good assistant with Eire & in my opinion comes across well as a pundit.

Most importantly (for me) he seems to be honest & hardworking. I think that’s what Wednesday have missed for a while.

I could be totally wrong but I think he’s worth a crack.