Moore Out

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Do Ipswich want Paul Cook sacked ??  Also thrown a 2 goal lead away today  haven’t they ? 

A manager many on here said was the only sensible option for us last time 

Not the only sensible option , but yeah , he would have been my choice but hey ho...........................but then again huge swathes on here wanted Chris Hughton.

Chansiri wont pay compo so it would have to be someone out of work and the pickings are slim.......................Alex Neil maybe , has promotions on his CV albeit i have never particularly liked watching his teams play.

Chansiri would probably give it to someone unproven like Sol Campbell

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

7th in the league deserves more time IMO

That, for me, is the key thing.

Of course we're frustrated, of course today felt like a defeat, of course we've dropped points we shouldn't have.

But for all that, with a quarter of the season gone we're 7th, and only outside the play-offs on goal difference.

The trouble with sacking the manager is that there's no guarantee the replacement will be any better. So as long as we're competitive and at the right end of the table we might as well give DM more time.

3 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

You cannot play Bannan and Wing in central midfield at this level. It’s on par with fighting a pack of lions with a baguette.

He hasn’t worked out that you win the battle and then the quality we possess should help win the game. You will rarely lose the battle and win the game in league 1.

Yep, it was a strange call to sub Dele-Bashiru and leave both Wing and Bannan on.

We need a bit of bite and muscle in there, which would ideally be provided by Luongo, but since he seems to be having another injury-blighted season, we at least need one of Hutchinson, Adeniran or Dele-Bashiru in there every game until January, in my opinion.

And then recruit a reliable replacement for Luongo at the earliest opportunity.

The Saints sacked Pardew at the end of august in league 1 when they felt he wasn’t the right man for the job and they felt that Adkins was.  I feel we’ve got to that point too with our manager.  He’s not the man to get us promoted and progress us in my opinion, so every week he’s in charge is just a bit of a waste of time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Do Ipswich want Paul Cook sacked ??  Also thrown a 2 goal lead away today  haven’t they ? 

A manager many on here said was the only sensible option for us last time 

Loads of Ipswich fans want Cook sacked. He was getting pelters from them recently. 

Guest Derby owl
1 hour ago, flash said:

Post Match Interview

* Don’t care about performance 

* We need more time on the training ground 

* Lads were tired from the travel

* We go again

They also need another 6 months to get to know eachother!

7 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That, for me, is the key thing.

Of course we're frustrated, of course today felt like a defeat, of course we've dropped points we shouldn't have.

But for all that, with a quarter of the season gone we're 7th, and only outside the play-offs on goal difference.

The trouble with sacking the manager is that there's no guarantee the replacement will be any better. So as long as we're competitive and at the right end of the table we might as well give DM more time.

Posted something very similar to this last week… but I’m starting to waver a bit

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Loads of Ipswich fans want Cook sacked. He was getting pelters from them recently. 

I think, like us, they feel they should be playing at a higher level and are frustrated that whoever the manager is they're punching below their weight.

Give him time, I think he'll do a good job.

Out from me! but this won't happen any time soon, chansiri hasent even been in England in ages..... and I dout he's  even bothered in the club anymore! He just letting things tick along. Its a shame cos I think 99% of us wanted Darren Moore to do well he's changed the club around and in training it looks like he's brought the squad together but....... on the pitch its clueless, out fought every game, constantly playing out from the back (suicide football) 100 wingers but play midfielders or strikers on the wing, one up front.....no in game tactical changes to match other team... we are just clueless with no identity. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'd have Cook in the dugout in preference to Moore.

Cook at least has some pedigree.

That’s the thing. Cook has a tremendous pedigree. Moore doesn’t. And therein lies the difference - and it’s a bloody big difference. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

As each game goes on and the apathy of the team fails to improve there will be a swing for him to go. 

We need a swingometer. 

Screenshot_20211016_172847.jpg

We are sat in 7th with a game in hand looking quite healthy despite some performances, of course it will but not today let’s see how many points we can get upto the Sunderland game 

2 hours ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Out from me! but this won't happen any time soon, chansiri hasent even been in England in ages..... and I dout he's  even bothered in the club anymore! He just letting things tick along. Its a shame cos I think 99% of us wanted Darren Moore to do well he's changed the club around and in training it looks like he's brought the squad together but....... on the pitch its clueless, out fought every game, constantly playing out from the back (suicide football) 100 wingers but play midfielders or strikers on the wing, one up front.....no in game tactical changes to match other team... we are just clueless with no identity. 

TBF to chansiri he hasn't been allowed to without spending weeks in an Ibis budget quarantining.

Agree with the rest however