Alarming post-match interview

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I don't think we've been sucked into some kind of negativity vortex. I'll take the 3 points but to say a wins a win and ignore whats actually happening on the pitch isn't a sustainable position for either fans, the manager or the club. In my case, I can't actually ever recall having this feeling of winning but being unable to extract any enjoyment from that fact.

I'm completely able to set the results aside in the knowledge that we really do need to build something meaningful and sustainable, the manager ticks so many boxes to that end. However he's shown us nothing so far in the one area that really can't be ignored, he's essentially a tactical blackhole...... At the moment I'd be happy with any result so long as I could see some tactical progression, partnerships developing, patterns of play emerging. I don't need us to be entertainers, I just need us to look like we know what we are doing. 

Totally agree it’s confusing at the minute and difficult to understand what we’re trying to do but let’s ride with it for a bit and get behind, anything else is self defeating.

12 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

I think you’re overthinking it too much - we’re doing ok - give it time & enjoy the ride, it isn’t too bad 👍

I think it’s Moore that’s the over thinker. 

I was happy to give him time, as I thought that he was still trying to find a settled side. But after hearing that he’s purposely being doing what he’s doing and will continue to do, extra time isn’t going to change our fortunes. 

He’s underachieving with his squad. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I think everyone watching his post-match interviews can see what the players are dealing with here. 

I expect we'll see more on-pitch issues between players over the coming weeks. 

You might be right, some media training might help. I don’t think the club are helping themselves with their current output, but I think Darren Moore could be a successful manager at S6. Let’s give the guy all the positives to make it so instead of speculative sniping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

We won 1-0

So you was happy with us winning 1-0 (I am) and happy with the quality of football we played? ( I'm not.) If you do we are in trouble for the remainder of the season. Playing this poorly well not end well if Moore does not figure out his best eleven and team tactics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

If Gregory can’t play in this formation then why the f*** did we sign him. We appear to be unbelievably ill suited to 4321 so if that is what DM wants then we will get nowhere fast

We panic signed him at the last minute. Windass injured preseason. Everyone was doing their nuts over not having a recognised striker, so he was what was left.

We signed the players for it, thats what all the wingers were for, but we can't play them, due to Gregory needing a carer and DM injury issues needing cover at the back.

To be fair I think you've pretty much nailed it for me. 

The only thing I'd probably add is you can tinker and rotate players and be successful, look at the likes of Ranieri, who was nicknamed the tinker man. 

The thing is you need to get a formation, a style, pick your best 11 out and give them a solid run injuries permitted for 10+ games to get a settled cohesive unit to start with. 

This then allows you to rest /rotate or tinker with  less impact on the pitch. 

• Like 1

He has a split second to answer a question during an interview. 

I do think it's time we stopped micro analysing his responses to find fault though. 

I just don't think he interviews very well nor does he seem overly prepared for the post match interviews. Compare this to the pre match ones where he's far more considered with his answers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robdylan said:

I think that Darren’s post-match interview yesterday was very worrying.

Like many others, I’ve been patient with him. I’ve even defended him to work colleagues and friends etc who have criticised him. I thought that we still had teething problems, and that eventually his side would click/gel into place.

Well not anymore. 

His comments yesterday have told me that this side won’t click into gear to reach their true potential.

How can it?

How on earth can the team find any consistency and click into place, when he’s changing the line up, formation and tactics for every game?

We’ve had 3 different formations in less than 2 weeks. 

We see players play who then suddenly disappear from the squad. 

He said yesterday that he only had 48 hours to try and set up Saturday’s tactics. And he said it in a way where we were supposed to be impressed. 

My questions to him would be:

1. Why did you only give yourself 48 hours? 

2. Why hasn’t it been put into practice before?

3. Why on earth would you have played that formation anyway, considering that we don’t have the players to play it?

Yesterday was like going back to 2010-2011 and watching Alan Irvine’s team. 

There’s no shape to the team, the players look confused and frustrated. I’ve seen them criticising each other over the past 4/5 matches. 

This doesn’t bode well for the future. 

Nobody on here has a clue what team he’s going to play and what formation he’s going to use for the next match. 

The 3 points were obviously a great plus yesterday, but we’re still not creating enough chances and scoring enough goals. 

I understand that we have a big squad and that teams rotate players. But constantly changing the line ups and the formation to try and nullify the opposition isn’t going to help us in the long run. 

Any sympathy that I had for Moore is now truly gone. 

Again, this is not a knee jerk reaction. I understand that we’re in a tough league. But if he thinks that a back 5 is the way to go on 48 hours notice, then I don’t want him as our manager. 

He’s assembled a good squad and he deserves credit for that. He also seems genuine and a decent guy. But he simply cannot manage this team in a way that will see them playing to their full capabilities. 

For me, he can definitely go now. And yes, I’m sick of the manager merry go round at the club. We all are. But this guy isn’t going to work out for us long term.

I just don’t see the point in keeping him when he’s happy with how we’ve been playing. It’s okay trying to be optimistic,  but he’s just told all of us that he thinks that his actions are justified and that he’s going to continue to manage in the same vain. 

I thought that these bizarre tactics where he plays players out of position etc, were him finding his feet. But to hear that he’s purposely been doing this because he thinks it’s a good idea, is alarming. And I don’t think that using the word ‘alarming’ is an exaggeration.

I think that we’ve got a long and frustrating season ahead of us. 

I agree with every word however, I can squeeze that entire post into 2 words…..he’s clueless 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, 0742 said:

He has a split second to answer a question during an interview. 

I do think it's time we stopped micro analysing his responses to find fault though. 

I just don't think he interviews very well nor does he seem overly prepared for the post match interviews. Compare this to the pre match ones where he's far more considered with his answers.

I listened to his pre match interview 

that was equally puzzling