Alarming post-match interview

None of us know what the best formation is do we - thats Moore’s job and he’s a lifetime of professional football experience.   This thread all seems to be a result of having got past 10 games and pretty poor performances and a pile on Moore , but we’re still in a good place - why not let’s agree to see where we after 23 games at half way. WAWAW

I am starting to agree with the general comments on here. Frequently changing manager is generally not good and a lot of the responsibility is with the players. 
but our team has a huge gap between defence and midfield, an almost addiction to passing back in preference to forward and too many choosing to pass to Bannan even when he is in a bad position,( resulting in an immediate back-pass and there we go again), rather than having the confidence to move forward. 

It has to be based on the system they have been told to follow although it is difficult to fathom what the system is or whether the manager understands what his best team is. 

So, against my better judgement, afraid it is pointing to our manager. And yes, I would be prepared to consider a Bruce return. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Gregory has scored 3 in 10 with a team that has created no more chances than the bottom clubs he has also has at least 2 assists  doesn’t he ? what other of our players have better stats ? 

52 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It seems he is somehow trying to make out that we don't create chances because Gregory is an attack, completely ignoring the fact we play a wing system but leave the wingers on the bench, play a holding midfield system without a defensive midfielder and don;t play to anyone's strength.

If Gregory can manage 3 in 10 games with this then he might manage more if we put round pegs in round holes and trying to attack with pace in wide areas. 

Nobody is looking particularly good at the moment because the system, or more how the players are being deployed in that system, does not suit any of them.  

Hasn't this been the same with the previous 2 or 3  managers.

Round pegs in square holes seems to be the trait of a Wednesday manager. 

1 minute ago, A47Owl said:

Hasn't this been the same with the previous 2 or 3  managers.

Round pegs in square holes seems to be the trait of a Wednesday manager. 

Yes, and it is infuriating. It's not worked for any of them.

20 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Almost as though they don’t have total control of transfers

I’m not buying that at all, Moore can’t be credited with assembling a half decent squad and not picking up the results to match for people to trot out the line it’s because someone else is pulling the strings behind the scenes and all of a sudden it’s not his squad but DC / Paxo etc. Rubbish.

I think that’s why people are turning on Moore quicker than expected, we’ve had an average start but he without doubt has contributed to that with his management decisions. 

He’s asked for the tools, been given the tools and is making a right pigs ear out of it so far.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

I’m not buying that at all, Moore can’t be credited with assembling a half decent squad and not picking up the results to match for people to trot out the line it’s because someone else is pulling the strings behind the scenes and all of a sudden it’s not his squad but DC / Paxo etc. Rubbish.

I think that’s why people are turning on Moore quicker than expected, we’ve had an average start but he without doubt has contributed to that with his management decisions. 

He’s asked for the tools, been given the tools and is making a right pigs ear out of it so far.

I doubt it’s as daft as you’ve made it out to be in fairness 

1 minute ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

I doubt it’s as daft as you’ve made it out to be in fairness 

The general consensus was we had a good summer transfer window for where we are at financially and the level we are playing at.

We have enough first team players for every position for a variety of formations. Nobody told the management team to play Barry Bannan right-wing for the first time in his Wednesday career a couple of weeks ago. 

On 10/10/2021 at 18:56, Robdylan said:

I think that Darren’s post-match interview yesterday was very worrying.

Like many others, I’ve been patient with him. I’ve even defended him to work colleagues and friends etc who have criticised him. I thought that we still had teething problems, and that eventually his side would click/gel into place.

Well not anymore. 

His comments yesterday have told me that this side won’t click into gear to reach their true potential.

How can it?

How on earth can the team find any consistency and click into place, when he’s changing the line up, formation and tactics for every game?

We’ve had 3 different formations in less than 2 weeks. 

We see players play who then suddenly disappear from the squad. 

He said yesterday that he only had 48 hours to try and set up Saturday’s tactics. And he said it in a way where we were supposed to be impressed. 

My questions to him would be:

1. Why did you only give yourself 48 hours? 

2. Why hasn’t it been put into practice before?

3. Why on earth would you have played that formation anyway, considering that we don’t have the players to play it?

Yesterday was like going back to 2010-2011 and watching Alan Irvine’s team. 

There’s no shape to the team, the players look confused and frustrated. I’ve seen them criticising each other over the past 4/5 matches. 

This doesn’t bode well for the future. 

Nobody on here has a clue what team he’s going to play and what formation he’s going to use for the next match. 

The 3 points were obviously a great plus yesterday, but we’re still not creating enough chances and scoring enough goals. 

I understand that we have a big squad and that teams rotate players. But constantly changing the line ups and the formation to try and nullify the opposition isn’t going to help us in the long run. 

Any sympathy that I had for Moore is now truly gone. 

Again, this is not a knee jerk reaction. I understand that we’re in a tough league. But if he thinks that a back 5 is the way to go on 48 hours notice, then I don’t want him as our manager. 

He’s assembled a good squad and he deserves credit for that. He also seems genuine and a decent guy. But he simply cannot manage this team in a way that will see them playing to their full capabilities. 

For me, he can definitely go now. And yes, I’m sick of the manager merry go round at the club. We all are. But this guy isn’t going to work out for us long term.

I just don’t see the point in keeping him when he’s happy with how we’ve been playing. It’s okay trying to be optimistic,  but he’s just told all of us that he thinks that his actions are justified and that he’s going to continue to manage in the same vain. 

I thought that these bizarre tactics where he plays players out of position etc, were him finding his feet. But to hear that he’s purposely been doing this because he thinks it’s a good idea, is alarming. And I don’t think that using the word ‘alarming’ is an exaggeration.

I think that we’ve got a long and frustrating season ahead of us. 

7.8 month's is the average time we give a manager.

Fan's complain when they say the menager play's the wrong Tictac'sm or formation, well Moore is changing the Tictac's and formation so who's to say which is the right one.😉

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

7.8 month's is the average time we give a manager.

Fan's complain when they say the menager play's the wrong Tictac'sm or formation, well Moore is changing the Tictac's and formation so who's to say which is the right one.😉

That's a crazy stat!

Over what period is that the average?

Moore's will be seen as a lengthy tenure soon, then. 

Seven months and counting...

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's a crazy stat!

Over what period is that the average?

Moore's will be seen as a lengthy tenure soon, then. 

Seven months and counting...

12 changes of manager since 2016.

The longest serving being Carlos, who inherited a good squad of players, fit and organised.

Left a  group of unfit, disorganised, Rabble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

12 changes of manager since 2016.

The longest serving being Carlos, who inherited a good squad of players, fit and organised.

Left a  group of unfit, disorganised, Rabble. 

Where would we be today if we'd allowed Stuart Gray to keep building, eh? 

A Championship team at the very least, I reckon.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Hasn't this been the same with the previous 2 or 3  managers.

Round pegs in square holes seems to be the trait of a Wednesday manager. 

Round pegs etc. could equally apply to the managerial appointments.

DC sacked Gray because he wanted a more entertaining team, yet he has continued to employ defensively minded managers over the last four years. Moore has signed a number of attacking players but seemingly doesn't know how to use them.

On 10/10/2021 at 22:01, wakefieldowl said:

Interesting point about hunt. I wonder if it would work with palmer as rb and hunt r mid. Hunt has a proven high energy level and can deliver a good cross. Hed also add some bite to our midfield

Good idea, stick another round peg in a square hole.

We do it regularly so one more won't make much difference.

Alternatively we could play every player in their strongest position and maybe we will start to get somewhere.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

None of us know what the best formation is do we - thats Moore’s job and he’s a lifetime of professional football experience.   This thread all seems to be a result of having got past 10 games and pretty poor performances and a pile on Moore , but we’re still in a good place - why not let’s agree to see where we after 23 games at half way. WAWAW

Because if he’s still doing the same after 23 games the season will be gone.

We can go up this year with these players we just need a style and consistency in selection.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Good idea, stick another round peg in a square hole.

We do it regularly so one more won't make much difference.

Alternatively we could play every player in their strongest position and maybe we will start to get somewhere.

Does DM know how to play the round peg in round hole game? 

• Like 1