Alarming post-match interview

On 11/10/2021 at 00:56, Robdylan said:

I understand that we’re in a tough league.

This is League One. We're 11/12 games in, have yet to put in a single good performance all season, and if we win the game in hand we could be 2 points from top.

I don't think it's that tough a league. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Robdylan said:

You can’t be serious. 

How do I know?

I’ve been to almost every match. 

We have skilful players. 

Proven players at this level and above. 

Players with pace.

Creative players. 

Yet we’ve only scored 11 goals all season. 

Play too up front and play direct football, and we can go away and beat Wigan. 

Play negative football with players playing out of position, and we struggle at home against Shrewsbury.

We have proven strikers who can score with quality service. 

They just need the service. 

You shoot yourself in the foot mate. You describe the players as Skilful, Proven,Pacey, and Creative. (your words). Then you bemoan the lack of quality service. If the players were as good as you describe they would be providing the level of service needed. 

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Because if he’s still doing the same after 23 games the season will be gone.

We can go up this year with these players we just need a style and consistency in selection.

Wouldn’t that point assume no positive progression in the next 12 games, which may be the case but you would hope the work he’s doing will bring some dividend. If we carried on the same we would continue at 1.64 points per game which would have us in 6th. Given that 2 points per game essentially guarantees automatic and often less than 2 I think, then a marginal improvement should guarantee playoffs or better, so I don’t think the season would be gone and DM deserves the support to achieve that positive progression.

4 hours ago, NIOwl said:

This is League One. We're 11/12 games in, have yet to put in a single good performance all season, and if we win the game in hand we could be 2 points from top.

We've only got a game in hand on Plymouth and Bolton. Wigan and Sunderland have got a game in hand on us, they win those and they're 7 points ahead of us.

12 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

7.8 month's is the average time we give a manager.

Fan's complain when they say the menager play's the wrong Tictac'sm or formation, well Moore is changing the Tictac's and formation so who's to say which is the right one.😉

We can clearly see that the team hasn’t gelled and isn’t a cohesive unit, due to his constant swapping and changing. 

We’re the 4th lowest scorers in the league. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NIOwl said:

Tough, as in: It’s a competitive league that we were never going to easily walk through. 

I never had expectations of us running away with the league. But with the squad that we have, I’m certain that we should be doing a lot better than what we’re currently doing. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

You shoot yourself in the foot mate. You describe the players as Skilful, Proven,Pacey, and Creative. (your words). Then you bemoan the lack of quality service. If the players were as good as you describe they would be providing the level of service needed. 

Not at all. 

Moore’s baffling decisions are stifling the team. 

Objectively analyse the squad. 

We’ve got some decent players. 

Now review some of our performances and take into account that out of 24 teams, we’re the 4th lowest scorers. 

We try to play out from the back, we play players out of position and we never really push forward and really press teams. Even at home. 

For the majority of the time, we’re one paced, boring and negative. 

We’ve only scored 11 goals. 

Some teams have scored more than 20. 

We are not playing to our full capabilities. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Robdylan said:

Not at all. 

Moore’s baffling decisions are stifling the team. 

Objectively analyse the squad. 

We’ve got some decent players. 

Now review some of our performances and take into account that out of 24 teams, we’re the 4th lowest scorers. 

We try to play out from the back, we play players out of position and we never really push forward and really press teams. Even at home. 

For the majority of the time, we’re one paced, boring and negative. 

We’ve only scored 11 goals. 

Some teams have scored more than 20. 

We are not playing to our full capabilities. 

We’re achieving points per game that would see us finish 6th and all acknowledging that we are not playing well or to our potential. Given that we could have nicked a few more points (and yes could have lost some as well because that’s football), should we not be giving DM the time to do what he’s paid to do and try to get us in the playoff or maybe automatic spots by bringing an improvement, instead of deciding that he can’t when most of us are not really qualified to make that judgement beyond not particularly enjoying what we’ve watched recently.

7 minutes ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

We’re achieving points per game that would see us finish 6th and all acknowledging that we are not playing well or to our potential. Given that we could have nicked a few more points (and yes could have lost some as well because that’s football), should we not be giving DM the time to do what he’s paid to do and try to get us in the playoff or maybe automatic spots by bringing an improvement, instead of deciding that he can’t when most of us are not really qualified to make that judgement beyond not particularly enjoying what we’ve watched recently.

I want him to succeed. But again, his comments after the match were very concerning. 

I think that anyone who understands the game is qualified to note that he’s not getting the best out of the squad. 

We looked awful in the first half on Saturday. And that was due to Moore deciding to play a formation on 48 hours notice which doesn’t suit the players that we have. 

Just a bizarre decision from a long list of them. 

I don’t want him immediately sacked, and I hope that he can turn it around. But when he’s making decisions like that, before then telling the media that he’ll continue to change the side at will, dependent upon the opposition, then that doesn’t fill me with any confidence at all. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

I want him to succeed. But again, his comments after the match were very concerning. 

I think that anyone who understands the game is qualified to note that he’s not getting the best out of the squad. 

We looked awful in the first half on Saturday. And that was due to Moore deciding to play a formation on 48 hours notice which doesn’t suit the players that we have. 

Just a bizarre decision from a long list of them. 

I don’t want him immediately sacked, and I hope that he can turn it around. But when he’s making decisions like that, before then telling the media that he’ll continue to change the side at will, dependent upon the opposition, then that doesn’t fill me with any confidence at all. 

Agree with you, but don’t think DM is suggesting the team are playing to their potential and he’s probably trying to shield them to some extent.

I also think when trying to get an essentially new team going with 15? new players, that we should think the position we are in is bad just because we’re Sheffield Wednesday and feel an entitlement to smash league one.

• Like 1

With almost a quarter of the season gone, it’s a travesty that he still has no idea of his best team or the style we are best suited to. We are so slow and predictable moving the ball from the back to the front that even a bunch of tortoises could get organized behind the ball against us. Then as we are so negative, we are easily outnumbered and lose the ball as we never get enough men in the box.

We have no devine right to walk this league, but there is no reason why we shouldn’t expect a lot more action up front by taking the game to the opposition. His dull tactics and constant changes means we are being short changed in a big way. The players are better than this but DM consistently plays into the opposition’s hands and that evens out the odds. It’s like having a decent poker hand but folding every time.

i sincerely hope he has an epiphany very quickly, but I fear he is a one trick pony, just as Doncaster fans warned us about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robdylan said:

We’re the 4th lowest scorers in the league. 

We have the joint 2nd best defence in the league..and would have the best bar crazy goalie errors.

So you could say he is doing fine as a defensively minded manager.

We need 2 managers..one for defence and one for attack. 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 21:58, Daniele Giovanni said:

Each letter corresponds to one of our players ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, this is Darren MOORE when he picks his 11 one game QGYJSONDTRS next game HIRNKODREBH last but not least IHAVENOCLUE

He can't field player E twice... that's just not possible :duntmatter:

12 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We've only got a game in hand on Plymouth and Bolton. Wigan and Sunderland have got a game in hand on us, they win those and they're 7 points ahead of us.

My point sounded better leaving that out. 

• Like 1