Is Pep Guardiola right here?

Yes he is right

2 reasons - firstly because they are forced to pay a large squad of players so should be able to use them all as they see fit - otherwise what on earth is the point of player development 

Secondly, if covid had ripped through their first team and they were unable to field a team they would be forced to use any available players - as has happened at other clubs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, scram said:

Yes he is right

2 reasons - firstly because they are forced to pay a large squad of players so should be able to use them all as they see fit - otherwise what on earth is the point of player development 

Secondly, if covid had ripped through their first team and they were unable to field a team they would be forced to use any available players - as has happened at other clubs

Apologies

Totally misread the OP

I thought it was saying that City should be allowed to play their 23's in the cup games - not enter the league system

I obviously disagree strongly against that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

This is when he annoys me. How does that even work on a logical sense. Imagine Man City U23s in the Championship. What if they got promoted, they’d compete in the Premier League alongside City? 

He thinks English football revolves around his club 

Loads of other countries have reserve teams in the league pyramids. The rules are that they can’t get promoted past a certain league.

He's right that kids don't gain much playing other kids every week. 

Why I'm glad we've started getting loads of ours out on loan in men's football. 

Eventually. 

As for their kids playing in the EFL Champ, league 1 as a whole club...

Bertie Big B'llocks cobblers 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.