Perth Glory looking to sign Massimo Luongo

Wouldn't surprise me, a good player, a very good player in fact but hardly kicked a ball in two years. Showed at Rotherham how good he still is. 

But, if he's hardly every fit and  available, doesn't matter how good he is. Given his fitness issues, difficult to see him getting another contract without a good run of games unscathed between now and the end of the season and that's looking unlikely.

• Like 4

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

15-20k off the wage bill a week. 

I think he's got loads to offer and is class - but that's a big sum of money we could use in January to strengthen across 2 maybe 3 loans?

We already have 6 loans when we can only name 5 in a matchday squad, how many ineligible players do you want us to have? lol

I like Luongo. I think most of us do? That said despite his ability, his fitness issues will probably mean that we’ll let him go one way or another within the next year?

I still think which ever division we’re in come next summer there will be more changes in the squad going forward. The Moore revolution has only just begun.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I like Luongo. I think most of us do? That said despite his ability, his fitness issues will probably mean that we’ll let him go one way or another within the next year?

I still think which ever division we’re in come next summer there will be more changes in the squad going forward. The Moore revolution has only just begun.

Definitely Jim 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

15-20k off the wage bill a week. 

I think he's got loads to offer and is class - but that's a big sum of money we could use in January to strengthen across 2 maybe 3 loans?

With the quality of our squad and depth why would we even need 2 or three loans 

surely wed just be looking to replace him with a similar player 

even though we’ve got 

Bannan 

byers

adrienan 

wing 

dele 

who can still play cm 

Just to put into context what Luongo could offer to our midfield:

Total tackles made:

Adeniran - 8 (5 appearances)

Luongo - 7 (1 appearance)

Wing - 4 (5 appearances)

Bannan - 3 (5 appearances)

Byers - 1 (3 appearances)

If only we can keep him fit.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The days of spending fortunes on the rehabilitation of players only to move them on have also got to be over!

He’s our player, he’s an asset, he’s an automatic starter & unlike others in our recent past, he desperately wants to play!

We as a club may share some responsibility for his current predicament by mismanaging his comeback under the dark days of Pulis.

Wonder if Liverpool forums have been full of “experts” wanting to get rid of Virgil Van Dijk for draining their resources whilst not kicking a ball for nearly a season?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2