Total tackles made:

Adeniran - 8 (5 appearances)

Luongo - 7 (1 appearance)

Wing - 4 (5 appearances)

Bannan - 3 (5 appearances)

Byers - 1 (3 appearances)

If only we can keep him fit.

This sums up his entire time here.

Clearly on if the best players in the squad when fit and firing but that's been an all too rare occurrence.

I'm not sure we'd need to find a replacement if he goes anyway. FDB should be able to step up if required now imo.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl

Cracking player at this level and would be a stand out performer. Has had a bad knee injury and after a long rehab, pulled muscles are common and can happen to anyone ( Windass, Shodipo ) for example.

Would give him while the new year to prove himself. 

Even when fit in the Championship, he was very average and only had a handful of really good performances IMO. Looked good at Rotherham and likely to be good at this level, so it would make sense to keep him but he may be on high wages and his availability has been poor, so wouldn’t be a shock if allowed to go, particularly IF he’s homesick.

Where did this story come from? I've not seen anything.

Assuming it is true ....Show me the money. What are they offering?

He's probably on high wages for this league but he's a great player when fit. If a team comes along with an offer that is too good to refuse I'll drive him to the airport. If they want him for peanuts he stays here until we get a good offer.

I'm not fussed about his injury record,  I don't rate him as a crock. He was fine before he came here and probably will be again when he's played a few games.

If he knows his career may be cut short due to consistent injuries, it wouldn’t make sense for him to jump ship now as he won’t get a better contract than this. Dropping to the Australian league will probably half his salary so he’s better off seeing out his contract here and stacking up the pennies before he leaves 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

If he knows his career may be cut short due to consistent injuries, it wouldn’t make sense for him to jump ship now as he won’t get a better contract than this. Dropping to the Australian league will probably half his salary so he’s better off seeing out his contract here and stacking up the pennies before he leaves 

Beat me to it. The concept of taking a wage reduction doesn’t make much sense. There is only one year left on his deal anyway so why not rinse it and then return home? If he gets fit over that year he’ll get a nice contract at the end of it. He’s 29 this month so could even take a year off at the end of this contract to rehabilitate and still have chance to go to Australia and play for three years or so anyway. 
Moore’s last interview on the matter said his injury was muscular and didn’t need surgery. I think he will stay here and get fit and then be a useful squad player till the end of the season. Just don’t play him for 90 mins. Use him as a sub or for 60 mins at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Wall said:

I'm sure you have the stats to back that up, but interestingly when we first signed him, my QPR mate said "he's a decent player, but he's never fit"

Said he'd go off and play for Australia, then he'd take 4 or 5 games to get back up to speed. I wonder if QPR played him a lot when he was carrying injuries. Bit like us with Kieren Lee.

Maybe we're seeing the effects of that now

In his 4 years at QPR, other than the 4 games he missed to play in the Asia Cup, Luongo never missed more than two games in a row either through injury or not being selected and played 75% of the minutes he could possibly have played for them - perhaps as you say, he might have been playing with an injury, though.