Perth Glory looking to sign Massimo Luongo

8 hours ago, owlinaus said:

Well said 😉😉 puts everything into perspective, and yes we are fortunate to have a Premier with the balls to say it, and do it as it is!...👍👍

The guy you show is the Prime Minister of Oz not the Premier as the Premier of Wa is Mark McGowan

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Billy Hunt said:

You’re cherry picking and exaggerating the harshest restrictions and applying them to the whole country. Most Australians are accepting of these lockdown, I guess Australia care a little more about people’s health and them living than some other countries.

If he goes to Perth, other than Western Australia having closed borders he would have no restrictions.

Large parts of Australia may be in lockdown now (I am, in Canberra) but overall we’ve had so much more freedom during the pandemic than back home over the last 18 months.

we had strict lockdown april 2020 but nowhere near as strict as yours and over 18 months on your still at it . your living in a totalitarian state maybe most of you think this is now the normal to be locked away ,i personally would crack up under your draconian almost permanent lockdown , you have far more police than we do and ive seen how brutal they are shooting people with rubber bullets and tear gas and not for some weapon wielding mob. and this aint just come from reading about it or youtube its from a retired health worker i know who has only got out as he described hell hole due to having dual nationality he has a home in melbourne as well as in sheffield .. he says he never though he would ever say he is glad to be back but isnt in any rush to go back to the strictest lockdown in the world.  any way best of luck up the owls at least you now have some positiveness watching us again. 

• Haha 1

I'd be frustrated if this came to pass, albeit not devastated.

One of those where sod's law dictates he'll be back to consistent full fitness the moment he leaves us, we really are a kiss of death for players like him. The Rotherham game showed what he can do when he's fully in the swing of things. 

7 hours ago, morganowl said:

we had strict lockdown april 2020 but nowhere near as strict as yours and over 18 months on your still at it . your living in a totalitarian state maybe most of you think this is now the normal to be locked away ,i personally would crack up under your draconian almost permanent lockdown , you have far more police than we do and ive seen how brutal they are shooting people with rubber bullets and tear gas and not for some weapon wielding mob. and this aint just come from reading about it or youtube its from a retired health worker i know who has only got out as he described hell hole due to having dual nationality he has a home in melbourne as well as in sheffield .. he says he never though he would ever say he is glad to be back but isnt in any rush to go back to the strictest lockdown in the world.  any way best of luck up the owls at least you now have some positiveness watching us again. 

When does this fishing trip end, I feel sick and haven’t brought my ginger tablets. 

7 hours ago, morganowl said:

You’re again cherry picking. We clearly sit on the opposite sides of what should be done. I think Australia has and is handling this better than the UK. The vaccine rollout here has been a disaster though. 

Trust me on this one though, watching League One after midnight is hardly a positive experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, morganowl said:

Rubber bullets and tear gas, hahahaha, any wonder he's retired, he's lost his marbles. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, morganowl said:

Strict? Totalitarian state?

The bloke who lives in Perth said it was 2 x 1 week lockdown and one slightly longer lockdown.

Plus, Western Australia has a population of 2.67 million and so far 9 people have died of Covid. Sheffield has a population of 584,000 and up to April 2021, over 1,000 people had already died of Covid (couldn't find up-to-date figures). And Sheffield has had a combined lockdown of several months.

So Perth isn't exactly North Korea is it?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, morganowl said:

Errr excuse me but this was about Perth WA not Melbourne which is thousands of Kms over East duuh 

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Strict? Totalitarian state?

The bloke who lives in Perth said it was 2 x 1 week lockdown and one slightly longer lockdown.

Plus, Western Australia has a population of 2.67 million and so far 9 people have died of Covid. Sheffield has a population of 584,000 and up to April 2021, over 1,000 people had already died of Covid (couldn't find up-to-date figures). And Sheffield has had a combined lockdown of several months.

So Perth isn't exactly North Korea is it?

Well said young man, come to Perth you will love it..😉😉

1 hour ago, owlinaus said:

Well said young man, come to Perth you will love it..😉😉

Too many flies in Perth for me, lost my s**t near the bell tower when I simultaneously got one fly stuck behind my sunglasses and another attempting to enter my brain via my nostril.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Too many flies in Perth for me, lost my s**t near the bell tower when I simultaneously got one fly stuck behind my sunglasses and another attempting to enter my brain via my nostril.

Ha!hah! But they do taste nice😂😂😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Billy Hunt said:

You’re again cherry picking. We clearly sit on the opposite sides of what should be done. I think Australia has and is handling this better than the UK. The vaccine rollout here has been a disaster though. 

Trust me on this one though, watching League One after midnight is hardly a positive experience.

FWIW the vaccination programme in Australia is really kicking into gear now, and 80% take-up, which will unlock most of the restrictions, is very much in sight.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Stayed with friends in Karrinyup a few times. Beautiful part of the world. Miles of beaches with nobody on them. 😎 & an excellent coastal walking/cycling path. 👍

Glad you enjoyed it, Could be worse places to live!😉😉

• Like 1