Perth Glory looking to sign Massimo Luongo

5 hours ago, WC1Owl said:

FWIW the vaccination programme in Australia is really kicking into gear now, and 80% take-up, which will unlock most of the restrictions, is very much in sight.

Didn't they have to admit this week that their handling of the pandemic had been a complete and utter disaster, Sidney has spent 200 days in lockdown this year. There economy is on its arse and the affect on its people of locking everywhere down is massive.

They have now decided to follow the British approach, ramp up vaccinations and learn to live with Covid.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Didn't they have to admit this week that their handling of the pandemic had been a complete and utter disaster, Sidney has spent 200 days in lockdown this year. There economy is on its arse and the affect on its people of locking everywhere down is massive.

They have now decided to follow the British approach, ramp up vaccinations and learn to live with Covid.

Australia's economy:

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 13.32.04.png

UK's economy:

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 13.32.26.png

Australia:

1,044 deaths from COVID from population of 26 million

UK: 

133,274 deaths from COVID from population of 68 million

Edited by Emerson Thome
graphs in wrong place
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

Some of Australia...the East coast, is struggling yes, mainly Sydney and Melbourne, repeating myself again here in the West with over 2 million people in Perth we have been very fortunate with a stronger approach to tackling Covid, economy on its arse....again no not all,, there is talk of living with it, but to follow the British approach I very much doubt it.....the UK was way too slow to do anything to start with 18 months ago.......but we will all get through this, one way or another....😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

Melbourne mate, Sydney is relatively new to the lockdown phenomena. Ego would get in the way of admitting such a disaster, though tack has changed from the Victorian Government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

FYI or unless you don’t read the responses we in Western Australia do not have any Covid so the only thing we cannot do is travel overseas and over East which is a few thousand kms away. So we are living a fabulous normal life ie going to sports games with no restrictions, pubs, restaurants etc so please don’t get mixed up with Sydney or Melbourne.
Plus this last weekend had the Bledisloe Cup (60,000) and are having the semifinals and Grand Final of the AFL at Perth’s Optus Stadium all because we are a Covid free state.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, owlsruleok said:

FYI or unless you don’t read the responses we in Western Australia do not have any Covid so the only thing we cannot do is travel overseas and over East which is a few thousand kms away. So we are living a fabulous normal life ie going to sports games with no restrictions, pubs, restaurants etc so please don’t get mixed up with Sydney or Melbourne.
Plus this last weekend had the Bledisloe Cup (60,000) and are having the semifinals and Grand Final of the AFL at Perth’s Optus Stadium all because we are a Covid free state.

Thanks for letting me know.

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

BBC 🤣🤣🤣 as I stated we are so happy here in WA but the eastern states are having it bad.

What I can’t get my head around is people in the UK are going overseas on holiday when people are dying thru Covid WTF 😳 

So as far as I am concerned I would rather be healthy and safe.

• Thanks 1