Perth Glory looking to sign Massimo Luongo

8 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why would anyone want to go to australia? 95% would probably get out if they were allowed , your only allowed out within 1 mile of home for a food shop and exercise and cant go to work either unless your on the critical list of workers been in the harshest lockdowns in the world and it makes north korea look like heaven compared to aus , i know people over there its horrific and been like this for over 18 months in melbourne and all the big cities this past 2-3 months . sheffield will seem like heaven compared to been sent there. 

Probably because it’s his home.

Crazy thought, I know

25 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why would anyone want to go to australia? 95% would probably get out if they were allowed , your only allowed out within 1 mile of home for a food shop and exercise and cant go to work either unless your on the critical list of workers been in the harshest lockdowns in the world and it makes north korea look like heaven compared to aus , i know people over there its horrific and been like this for over 18 months in melbourne and all the big cities this past 2-3 months . sheffield will seem like heaven compared to been sent there. 

You’re talking like they’ll be in lockdown for life or something 😂, He couldn’t even move until January at the earliest 

3 hours ago, morganowl said:

A pessimistic view though reasonably correct. Perth, in WA, is faring differently from those of us in the East, and Melbourne has those restrictions you mention, lifting ever so slowly, but regional Victoria lifts tonight iirc. Sydneysiders don't seem to give a stuff either way - my Melbourne perspective - and there are plenty of looneys not caring anyway - my vaccinated perspective. I reckon he may well be drawn home. I guess we'll see soon enough. I don't think he'll be ready to call time and come home just yet though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, morganowl said:

You’re cherry picking and exaggerating the harshest restrictions and applying them to the whole country. Most Australians are accepting of these lockdown, I guess Australia care a little more about people’s health and them living than some other countries.

If he goes to Perth, other than Western Australia having closed borders he would have no restrictions.

Large parts of Australia may be in lockdown now (I am, in Canberra) but overall we’ve had so much more freedom during the pandemic than back home over the last 18 months.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Ahh, I thought both leagues would need to have their windows open for it to go through. Not sure why lol 

I mean a transfer in the A-League is basically one club announces they’ve released a player and then another club immediately announces they’ve signed said unattached player.

Massimo's contract expires in June I believe. If we can get a good fee we should let him go, a good player is no good if they don't play. 

With all the celebrated contracts being signed at the club recently this is probably his agent applying a bit of pressure. 

1 hour ago, SouthsideOwl3940 said:

A pessimistic view though reasonably correct. Perth, in WA, is faring differently from those of us in the East, and Melbourne has those restrictions you mention, lifting ever so slowly, but regional Victoria lifts tonight iirc. Sydneysiders don't seem to give a stuff either way - my Melbourne perspective - and there are plenty of looneys not caring anyway - my vaccinated perspective. I reckon he may well be drawn home. I guess we'll see soon enough. I don't think he'll be ready to call time and come home just yet though.

Correct, as usual most news about Australia centres around Melbourne and Sydney. Fair enough as they are the most populated major cities, but here in Perth we have been very lucky with Covid due to instant short lock downs for everyone.......we have approx 2 million people in the metro area,...😉

• Like 1

As a devout Wednesdayite living in Perth and to those who “think” Perth is in lockdown please think again as Western Australia has no problems with lockdowns (we’ve only had 3 and 2 of those were for only 1 week). 

We just don’t allow other countries or states into WA who have Covid cases.

It’s getting out of hand ie NSW daily 1,403 cases,  Victoria 183 daily cases. WA Zero 

We live a very normal life going to pubs, restaurants etc with little to no chance at this moment of worrying over Covid. 

The only restriction is we are not allowed to travel overseas, having said that why would you as you would have rocks in your head travelling overseas as that just spreads it.

But over east ie 5,000kms away they are having it bad but nowhere as bad as the UK. 

Getting back to football, as for my local club Perth Glory, it would be an eye opener if Luongo was to sign for us.

He is way too good to play in the A League and would be mad to leave SWFC just because of an injury plus I doubt if Glory could afford him. 

I along with my English mates ie Sunderland, Liverpool, QPR supporters go to all the home games at Perth Oval (NIB Stadium) along with our beloved English shirts (SWFC etc) having a pint or three at the local pubs or in the stadium and having good English banter.

It’s a fabulous life and we get football on TV all the time or ifollow etc and at the present we live a normal life thank heavens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, owlsruleok said:

As a devout Wednesdayite living in Perth and to those who “think” Perth is in lockdown please think again as Western Australia has no problems with lockdowns (we’ve only had 3 and 2 of those were for only 1 week). 

We just don’t allow other countries or states into WA who have Covid cases.

It’s getting out of hand ie NSW daily 1,403 cases,  Victoria 183 daily cases. WA Zero 

We live a very normal life going to pubs, restaurants etc with little to no chance at this moment of worrying over Covid. 

The only restriction is we are not allowed to travel overseas, having said that why would you as you would have rocks in your head travelling overseas as that just spreads it.

But over east ie 5,000kms away they are having it bad but nowhere as bad as the UK. 

Getting back to football, as for my local club Perth Glory, it would be an eye opener if Luongo was to sign for us.

He is way too good to play in the A League and would be mad to leave SWFC just because of an injury plus I doubt if Glory could afford him. 

I along with my English mates ie Sunderland, Liverpool, QPR supporters go to all the home games at Perth Oval (NIB Stadium) along with our beloved English shirts (SWFC etc) having a pint or three at the local pubs or in the stadium and having good English banter.

It’s a fabulous life and we get football on TV all the time or ifollow etc and at the present we live a normal life thank heavens.

Well said 😉😉 puts everything into perspective, and yes we are fortunate to have a Premier with the balls to say it, and do it as it is!...👍👍

• Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 07:35, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's a cut above at this level and was easily man of the match against Rotherham.

He was hardly ever injured at QPR, and yet he just can't seem to get back to full fitness at Wednesday, probably not helped by us rushing him back during Pulis' tenure.

If the club are confident they can help him get back playing on a regular basis this season, I'd be loath to lose him.

The curse takes another victim - we’ll let him go, he’ll recover and then feature regularly.

It’s the ex Wednesday player way.

11 hours ago, Billy Hunt said:

I mean a transfer in the A-League is basically one club announces they’ve released a player and then another club immediately announces they’ve signed said unattached player.

So how would this work if we haven’t released him? Could they buy him off us even though our window is shut, or would they have to wait till jan

16 hours ago, morganowl said:

Hahaha. Comparing Australia to North Korea. 

Luongo might want to go back cos he’s Australian. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

So how would this work if we haven’t released him? Could they buy him off us even though our window is shut, or would they have to wait till jan

My understanding is transfer windows are basically for buying clubs, not selling clubs.

A-League clubs paying transfer fees is rare though (Transfers between A-League clubs is banned, hence my comment as under contracts players are released so they can move) and I would say any move to the A-League would most likely not have a fee, we would benefit financially by getting him off the books anyway.

• Thanks 2