Shaw & Urhogide

seems like quite few think they arnt much cop and would at best  be languishing on the bench here  so how well have they done to get themselves 3 year contracts on probably a lot more  money at a club like celtic.......

56 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Hirst had been crocked and had put on weight. By 1993 he was well past his best and Bright was already 30 when he signed.

In 1993 Sir Alex Ferguson (the most successful manager in Premier League history) tried to make David Hirst the most expensive player in the history of the British game.

In his book he said his top 2 targets were David Hirst and Alan Shearer but our of the 2 he had a slight preference for David Hirst.

But then what did Alex Ferguson know.lol

Just been reading an article on Celtic. It said the back four they put out was ‘probably the worst to ever be selected’ and that the overall team is really poor. Loads of off field problems, manager has no coaches, no DoF, no head of recruitment, the manager publically calling the directors at game two. Let’s see where that gets him. Sounds a barrel of fun 🤣 

• Thanks 1

On 21/07/2021 at 08:36, marshy said:

Just wondering if mods could create a thread called “keeping up with ex players” in match day section and all posts about players who have recently left could be put in one place. Just so there’s not 20 threads when Rhodes hammers in his weekly hatricks. 

Lenny is a coach at Crewe. 

ACB7CEBB-F284-4298-B5CA-B915F7682E30.png

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

seems like quite few think they arnt much cop and would at best  be languishing on the bench here  so how well have they done to get themselves 3 year contracts on probably a lot more  money at a club like celtic.......

its the universe balancing out donnelly and o'donnell in 1999

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pieman said:

Just been reading an article on Celtic. It said the back four they put out was ‘probably the worst to ever be selected’ and that the overall team is really poor. Loads of off field problems, manager has no coaches, no DoF, no head of recruitment, the manager publically calling the directors at game two. Let’s see where that gets him. Sounds a barrel of fun 🤣 

No doubt they will hit the lows of 2nd place, TV every week, 60k fans and European football again 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I don't think either of them are going to be near the first team this season.

I hope they manage to get some football this season. U21s football in Scotland for the whole year isn’t going to do them any good. I don’t understand fans enjoying the misfortune of ex players. Especially a Wednesday fan such as Shaw. 

Not looking good for them getting any game time at the moment but it’s a long season. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Miruic said:

I hope they manage to get some football this season. U21s football in Scotland for the whole year isn’t going to do them any good. I don’t understand fans enjoying the misfortune of ex players. Especially a Wednesday fan such as Shaw. 

Not looking good for them getting any game time at the moment but it’s a long season. 

We wouldn't pay the wages they wanted so Why would we now loan them back and pay them what they are on ?